Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 not compatible with Mac OS X 10.5

Nov 05, 2011 Nov 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an Update notification from Adobe system - to update Adobe Flash Player but the Update download doesn't specify what version of Flash Player this would install. When I clicked on "See Details" it took me to an Adobe page that does not SPECIFICALLY address the issue of which version of Flash player this Update notice would install. Unfortunately, I had previously choose to install this UNKNOWN version update and it totally screwed up all Flash videos that I attempted to view. I caused a rapid blinking or flashing of the video then crashed the browser (both, Firefox and Safari). Only after a lot of further research did I discover that Adobe's latest Flash Player Update installed version 11 and version 11 is reported (by Adobe) to be compatible with Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7+.  I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8. The Flash installer should have detected the OS version that my computer is running (but obviously it did not!!!). I had to spend more of my valuable time to UN-install Flash Player version 11 and then RE-install version 10.3.183.10. Everything is fine now.............but why is Adobe sending out Updates for Flash Player that: #1 - do not specify what version this Update will be installing and #2 (and more significantly) - why doesn't the Update installer detect the operating system on a computer and if NOT COMPATIBLE, cancel the installation? This is a ridulous and time consuming situation caused by Adobe Systems.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

chris.campbell wrote:

I just added a new FAQ that describes why you're getting prompted for an update and what we're doing to minimize the noise.

Why does Flash Player prompt me to install an incompatible version on Mac?

Chris

Where does the REAL Adobe Flash Player live???  iMac Intel Core 2 Duo - Using Mac, OS X 10.5.8   Using Adobe CS4.  In seaching for the REAL version of Flash player, I find:

1.  HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Flash Player > Flash Player.plugin (version 10.0.2.54

the

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I start Hulu under Safari; and of course I go to Fringe.

I get this:

Step_1.jpg

If I say no, I don't get to watch Fringe; unacceptable!

So I accede to the demand:

IIStep_2.jpg

And soon I get:

Step_3.jpg

I can repeat these steps, but nothing changes.

OSX 10.5.8/Intel

Safari Version 5.0.6 (5533.22.3)

Flash - "You have version 10,3,183,19 installed"

Update: I manually reinstalled 10.3, and now, while Safari still fails, I see Opera works.

Chrome must have some internal Flash viewer but it's way too slow: You hear the BANG of a gunshot, count one-potato, and then see the bad guy fall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try here - works with firefox but not facebbok

http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/2bAwvnRu/Adobe_Flash_Player_10110264.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disgusted with Adobe it isn't even funny. There are literally thousands of those of us who have power pcs that are also members of FB. Now we are told unless we are willing to pay thousands of unnecessary dollars for a new system, we can no longer view videos, because Adobe no longer thinks we should be able to.

My G5 Tiger is perfect. I have never had reason to switch to intel and I refuse to let the greed of the software industry dictate to me that I have to buy something I don't want and isn't necessary, just because they want the money.

Maybe I won't be able to view the videos, but guess what, I'd rather stand on my principles and not make them rich. Someday, when people realize how they are being manipulated they may finally take a stand.

It should be a choice, not a dictate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. The link Hitomi Kudo put in is to download Adobe 11 and that doesn't work on my Mac OS X 10.5.8. This is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try here - works with firefox but not facebbok

http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/2bAwvnRu/Adobe_Flash_Player_10110264.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work for Safari 5.0.6? I don't use Firefox...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but it doesn't work on facebook - warning - facebook blocked me

from broadcasting the address as a possible phishing/spam source - I

took that chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. There must be a Adobe Flash Player version that runs on Mac 10.5.8 and that works on Safari, Firefox and Facebook. Up to a week ago I never had any problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exact same situation. Having uninstalled my old flashplayer and

finding the new one not compatible It took me 5 days to find somewhere

to download flash 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PageLast wrote:

Thank you. There must be a Adobe Flash Player version that runs on Mac 10.5.8 and that works on Safari, Firefox and Facebook. Up to a week ago I never had any problems...

If you are on a Mac and if your OS is either one of the following: OS X 10.4 Intel, OS X 10.5, OS X 10.6 or OS X 10.7 - you can download Flash Player version 10.3.183.11 here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the link and tryed to download version 10.1 but nothing happend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Three Days and no ressurection. !!!!

This is NUTS

OS 10.8.5   tried all the above suggestions and links.

Anyone getting this to work? ANYONE?

Model Name:    MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:    MacBookPro5,2

Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:    2.8 GHz

Number of Processors:    1

Total Number of Cores:    2

L2 Cache:    6 MB

Memory:    4 GB

Bus Speed:    1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version:    MBP52.008E.B05

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines