• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 20.0.0.267 - ActiveX Embedding Issue

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've received reports from customers that indicate problems embedding the Flash Player ActiveX control into non-browser applications with our 12/28 release (version 20.0.0.267). This can be manifested by either white or black screens where the Flash content should be displayed or COM errors and exceptions.

We're investigating these reports with the highest priority.  We apologize to those effected by this inadvertent change in behavior and we hope to make a solution available as soon as possible.  I'll be keeping this thread updated with the latest findings and will continue to provide updates on a regular basis.

For those impacted, please see the bug reports below if you'd like to add your comments to our investigation.

Bug#4103235 - Black Screen on launch of pc desktop flash programs

Bug#4103282 - Flash Player Update broke my Screensavers

Updates

January 2, 2016 -

Adobe made available Flash Player ActiveX 20.0.0.270 for Windows XP through Windows 7.  This update was pushed out automatically via our auto update system and most customers should have received the update by January 3rd.  The update was also made available for manual install from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

January 5, 2016 -

Microsoft has updated Flash Player 20.0.0.272 ActiveX for Windows 10.  This update, KB3133431, has been made available to Windows 10 users via the Windows Update mechanism.

January 5, 2016 (#2)

I've heard from Microsoft that Flash Player 20.0.0.272 for Windows 8.x systems will be updated on January 12th.  This coincides with Microsoft's scheduled "patch Tuesday" updates.

January 12, 2016

Microsoft has made Flash Player 20.0.0.272 available for Windows 8.x systems.  This update, KB3133431, has been made available to Windows 8.x users via the Windows Update mechanism.

January 19, 2016

Flash Player has been updated to address three remaining issues impacting our customers.  This update, details found in our release announcement, is available for all platforms except Windows 8.x and Windows 10 ActiveX.  We expect Windows 8.x and Windows 10 to be updated in our scheduled release in February (2/9/16).

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

All adobe staff is saying the new build will be released soon from last two days but nobody giving the exact date when they will release it. This flash issue already impacted lot of our business. You guys just released your buggy version of flash on 28th December and went for vacation. We are the people who are struggling from then and still today we did not get the fix in production. Please let us know when will you release the fix in production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm Flash Player 20.0.0.268 Active X embedded into a C# .NET WinForm can now "load" swf movies from "http://" based URLs and also from the local disk using an absolute path (C:\\xxx\xxx\movie.swf) However, attempting to load a SWF using the "file:///" protocol doesn't seem to work. Lucky, I don't load movies this way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in the process of pushing out an update to Flash Player ActiveX for Windows XP through Windows 7 (Flash Player 20.0.0.270).  We haven't forgotten about Windows 8 and 10 users and we're working closely with Microsoft to get an update out to these systems as quickly as possible.  We will update this thread with additional details as soon we learn when the Windows 8 and 10 updates will be made available.

If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, please see the details below on the update process.

If you have opted into the automatic update mechanism for Flash Player, you will receive an update automatically and silently within the next 24 hours.  No additional steps are required on your part.  You can verify that you have auto updates turned on by going into your "Flash Player (32-bit)" control panel in the Windows Control panel and selecting the Updates tab.  Make sure that "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" is selected.

Alternatively, you can also download Flash Player directly by visiting https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer with Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, version 20.0.0.270 either does not fix the Bug#4101067 - Unable to play local swf files in Flash Player 20 using 'file' protocol

Please check this bug ASAP, there are hundreds of thousands users affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ivanp61579321,

We are aware of this issue and I understand that it's impacting customers.  You are correct, the fix we pushed today fixed just the embedding issue.  I'll work on getting an update for you (and others) ASAP and add a comment to the bug report.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Is there any news on Bug#4101067 - Unable to play local swf files in Flash Player 20 using 'file' protocol?

I've reported it 3 weeks ago; there are more than 80 votes and 70 notes. Customers are asking for refunds.

Regards,

Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,please fix the memory leak problem,Bug#4101176 - Memory use keeps increasing,a lot of users can not play our game online. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eko.huang and @ivanp61579321‌,

It's probably best to begin a new thread for unrelated issues as this thread is for the embedding bug in 20.0.0.267.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ ivanp61579321,

That existing thread is the most appropriate location to post comments for that issue.  Chris receives emails on every single post to the forums so he would receive a notification on a new post to that thread.

@eric.mulvihill

I'm not sure if there is an existing thread on that issue.  A great majority of the threads since 20.0.0.267 was released where due to the embedding bug it introduced.  Feel free to start a new thread.  However, I do see that your bug has been looked at by QE and is in the triage queue to be reviewed further.

Conflating disparate issues in one thread results in confusion and should be avoided as much as possible.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to verify on a Windows 7 machine that the 20.0.0.270 fix resolves our issue.  Only problem is that the update to 20.0.0.270 was automatically pushed to the machine prior to verifying that things were broken!  How can I revert back to 20.0.0.267 in order to do proper before/after testing of this issue?  Ideally I want to see things broken using 20.0.0.267 and then working properly under 20.0.0.270.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dnovak1961,

20.0.0.267 for ActiveX is not currently posted publicly.  For your verification purpose, I have uploaded the EXE & MSI to Shared Files - Acrobat.com‌.  You will first need to uninstall 20.0.0.270 using the standalone installer (see Uninstall Flash Player for Windows) and then install the previous version.  After verifying the behaviour install the new version.

Please reply back after you have finished your verification.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @m_vargas for that download link.  I was able to successfully uninstall 20.0.0.270 and replace it with 20.0.0.267, but I was unable to verify the issue being reported by our customers.  In fact, further testing has shown that our issue (a crash) only happens under Windows 10.  Is anybody else reporting crashes tied to 20.0.0.267 only under Windows 10?  I ask because I want to have some measure of confidence that the pending 20.0.0.270 update (when deployed by Microsoft for Windows 10) will indeed fix our issue.  Any insights are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dnovak1961,

Your customers are encountering another issue (ActiveX crash on Win10) that we're also working with Microsoft on.  We hope to see an update to Flash Player for this Windows 10 issue pushed to customers sometime this week.  It's definitely a high priority for both Adobe and Microsoft.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates.  The latest version (20.0.0.270) is working for our Windows 7 users, but apparently we have a lot more Windows 10 users than I expected.  Our support lines are overwhelmed with thousands of callers who are very frustrated so any new news is helpful in calming the nerves of angry clients.  Please continue to keep us informed of any updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris -- thanks for the update.  I indeed hope that this is the highest priority for both Adobe and Microsoft as we have thousands of customers currently impacted and this has gone on now for nearly a week!  The sooner the better on pushing a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please advise when will the Windows 8/10 fix for same be pushed by MS?

HUGE issue...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sr15038676,

We don't yet have an update on when Microsoft will release the fix, as per Chris' update (post 17) this thread will be updated when we have that information.

@borjam46934531,

If you're issue is the same as everyone else on here you'll need to wait until Microsoft releases an update.  If you're issue is not the same, please start a new thread.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got a Windows 10 of 64 bits computer and all the webs that use adobe flash collapse, including adobe flash help -_-' . I had to download data from microsoft store but how it works with flash i cannot acces. In task manager I can see that al works good but then the web browser program stop to work.

Captura de pantalla (48).png(Edge)

Captura de pantalla (49).png(Firefox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After install  flash player for IE  in the win10, Application that contains webbrowser will crash when starting loading flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 十八张48633356,

Please begin a new thread for your crashing issue.  This thread is for a different issue and combining different issues in one thread leads to confusion.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about Win10 and Win8? Currently many of our customers cannot use our product. please provide exact ETA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has lost a lot of money already. Also new registrations, also deals, also reputation. Someone got any idea how to fix this part besides the technical part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The interim solution that I'm aware of is to uninstall the Dec 29 Flash Player for IE update (KB3132372) and prevent it from re-installing.  I know this is not ideal, especially for customers with many systems.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines