• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 20.0.0.267 - ActiveX Embedding Issue

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've received reports from customers that indicate problems embedding the Flash Player ActiveX control into non-browser applications with our 12/28 release (version 20.0.0.267). This can be manifested by either white or black screens where the Flash content should be displayed or COM errors and exceptions.

We're investigating these reports with the highest priority.  We apologize to those effected by this inadvertent change in behavior and we hope to make a solution available as soon as possible.  I'll be keeping this thread updated with the latest findings and will continue to provide updates on a regular basis.

For those impacted, please see the bug reports below if you'd like to add your comments to our investigation.

Bug#4103235 - Black Screen on launch of pc desktop flash programs

Bug#4103282 - Flash Player Update broke my Screensavers

Updates

January 2, 2016 -

Adobe made available Flash Player ActiveX 20.0.0.270 for Windows XP through Windows 7.  This update was pushed out automatically via our auto update system and most customers should have received the update by January 3rd.  The update was also made available for manual install from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

January 5, 2016 -

Microsoft has updated Flash Player 20.0.0.272 ActiveX for Windows 10.  This update, KB3133431, has been made available to Windows 10 users via the Windows Update mechanism.

January 5, 2016 (#2)

I've heard from Microsoft that Flash Player 20.0.0.272 for Windows 8.x systems will be updated on January 12th.  This coincides with Microsoft's scheduled "patch Tuesday" updates.

January 12, 2016

Microsoft has made Flash Player 20.0.0.272 available for Windows 8.x systems.  This update, KB3133431, has been made available to Windows 8.x users via the Windows Update mechanism.

January 19, 2016

Flash Player has been updated to address three remaining issues impacting our customers.  This update, details found in our release announcement, is available for all platforms except Windows 8.x and Windows 10 ActiveX.  We expect Windows 8.x and Windows 10 to be updated in our scheduled release in February (2/9/16).

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas‌ -- we have thousands of customers who have been impacted by this bug and it simply is not feasible to ask them to uninstall that update.  Furthermore, it is not exactly 'easy' to do this under Windows 10, especially given that many of these customers are novice computer users.  Any ETA as to when Adobe/Microsoft will push out a fix?  We REALLY need this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft will be making an update (KB3133431) available today for Flash Player 20.0.0.272 ActiveX on Windows 10.  This update addresses both the embedding issue and a crash reported by customers.  The update should be available via the Windows Update settings panel.

We're continuing to work with Microsoft to explore options for Windows 8.x users and will keep this thread updated.

Edit: Now available from the Windows Update panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent news for Windows 10 customers!  Initial testing on my end shows that this update indeed fixes the problem were were seeing.  Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Don't know if this really matters, but navigating to Flash Player Help in IE reveals the following minor inconsistency:

Congratulations, your computer has the latest Flash Player beta version installed. ( Your version20.0.0.272 Latest Version20.0.0.270 )

Is this really a 'beta' version???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reporting your issue is fixed and for reporting the issue. I'll notify the appropriate folks to update the version detection.

No, 20.0.0.272 is not a beta version.  It's possibly identified as such due to how the widget is configured.  I'll report this as well.

Thanks again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for resolving the issue with Windows 7 and 10.  We're still getting hundreds of calls from user on Windows 8 unfortunately so do you have an ETA on having an update for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don't have an update yet on Windows 8.  The main post in this thread will be updated when we have an update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard from Microsoft that the Windows 8.x update will occur on the normal patch Tuesday, 1/12/16.  Flash Player 20.0.0.272 ActiveX will be updated at that time along with Microsoft's other OS patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on the fix for Windows 8 from Microsoft?  It was supposed to be available possibly today.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were told that it went out today.  My Windows 8.1 hasn't received the update yet but I'll check again in about 12 hours and touch base with Microsoft if it's still not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All works fine until now with this version, 20.0.0.286. Considering your efforts and timing...GOOD JOB!. I think you have enough time now to build a new stable release. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update 20.0.0.286 fix the issue #4098386, too.

When will be enable an automatic flash update?

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Flash Player 20.0.0286 has been released which addresses the following three bugs:

• Bug 4101067 - “Unable to play local swf files in Flash Player 20 using 'file' protocol”
  • Bug 4098809 - “VB6 Fusion Charts not loading in Flash Player”
  • Bug 4103304 - “Timelines with multiple layers are unable to stop playing sound”

This release is available from get.adobe.com/flashplayer and will also be available on Google Chrome through the Chrome Component updater.  Windows 8.x and Windows 10 ActiveX versions will be updated in our regularly scheduled February 9th release and made available in the Windows Updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of our environment is Windows 7 x64.

We have screen savers that work using embedded Flash player.  With the release of 20.0.0.267, there was a problem with white screen.  When 20.0.0.270 was released we found that this fixed the problem on most, but not all systems.  When 20.0.0.286 was released we deployed it to test systems and the white screen problem has returned on all systems where 20.0.0286 has been installed.  It seems that  20.0.0.270 is the one that is working the best - but still results in white screens on a significant portion of our client computers.  Looking in the Macromed folder in both the 32 and 64bit areas of the Windows folder, I can see that only 286 or 270 components are present.  I haven't seen a client that is functional with either the 267 or 286 releases.  I have only seen the Flash based screen savers work with 270 - and even then only with a 90% success rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Screen saver problem has been fixed in 20.0.0.286. If you are facing white screen issue with any other application, please share all information to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand what you are saying...  that supposedly the problem with whitescreens in non-browser applications with embedded flash player has been fixed in 20.0.0.270 and 20.0.0.286.  That is why I posted.  For me, the problem WAS fixed with 20.0.0.270 - mostly - - 5-10% of our clients still got white screens after 270. So far, EVERY machine we have upgraded to 20.0.0.286 has returned to whitescreening with the screensaver that has an embedded flash player.

The screensaver application is the only one I have that uses embedded flash.  It works in pre-267, breaks in 267, works (kind of with 270) and fails with 286.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2016 Jan 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the screensaver are you using? Screensaver bug is fixed in 20.0.0.286.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌tthe screesavers are created with a tool called flashpoint from flashdemo.net.  It converts PowerPoint presentations to flash basEd screen savers.  I would be happy to purchase an alternate tool if it meant fixing the problem.  the screensave that is broken in 267 and 286 works with previous versions of Flash player 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you please share any project/Application made in flashpoint, so that we can reproduce the issue at our end and look into it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Chris,

You noted about '...embedding the Flash Player ActiveX control into non-browser applications with...' and another comment says '...I can confirm Flash Player 20.0.0.268 Active X embedded into a C# .NET WinForm...'

Does this mean that it is allowed to embed the ocx file from the activeX version into an application, for example a Delphi program? And if not, is there a special license or fee to pay to realise this?

For me and my customers it's so much easier to work this way by not being dependent from instable versions.

Regards,

Henk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines