• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashes all of my browsers

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Yesterday, Firefox began to crash inexplicably whenever I attempted to load either MySpace or Youtube profiles. I am a web designer, and it is crucial that I be able to view at least MySpace for the purpose of correctly formatting each page, particularly band profiles. I disabled my flash player plugin, and found that the pages now loaded just fine. When Flash Player is enabled, the page will partially load, and then rainbow wheel on me forever, which in turn makes me force quit the browser. This occured first in Firefox 3.0.11 running the latest version of Adobe Flash Player and the Shockwave plugin 10.0.r22. I am running OS X 10.5.7 and have also been unable to use Safari 4 because of this issue. I have uninstalled Flash Player using the uninstaller provided on Adobe.com, re-installed Flash Player and the Shockwave plugin, removed my plugin files from my library, erased my Firefox and Safari .plist files, repaired the permissions, updated my software, and still no sign of this problem ending. When I reinstall, the players work for perhaps five minutes or so, but at random, I will inevitably load a page and find myself frozen. I'm not sure if I should look into installing an older version of Flash Player or what, because I absolutely need to continue to supply pages with Flash content, and I am unable to do so. As I have found while searching, this is quite a common problem, and unfortunately, one that does not seem to have a solution. That is why I am bringing it here, to the Adobe forum, in hopes of someone being able to actually solve it. I will post a crash report from Firefox if necessary, I'm just not sure what all exactly I need to copy and paste from it, and considering this problem is solely flash based, I'm not sure if that is necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it also crashes all my sites when trying to download abode....is it because of  foxfire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy - uh, what?

Adobe is a corporation.

And the browser is FireFox.

What crashes,when trying to download what?  Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.  I think it started after an Apple system update-- though I'm not 100% sure. Afterward I made sure osx, firefox and flash are all up to the latest.  Its not just firefox though, flash is freezing all my browsers. Like you, if I disable the flash plugin in FF, the browser does not freeze.

I hope Adobe gives this top priority- this has impacted me drastically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah man. I am a web designer and I am constantly working with and around flash components, and this is severely crippling my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2009 Jun 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur, I am also having the same exact issue.

Flash seems to be causing the crash.

I disabled ALL plugins and can browse fine, but when I reinstall flash, the issue re-appears, making all of my browsers nearly useless.

I am running OSX 10.5.7

on a 2.4 ghz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro

The browsers affected are: Camino, Firefox, and Safari

Please help us find a solution/fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2009 Jun 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I just installed the latest OSX system updates (I'm not even sure what was in the updates) and the problem appears to have gone away.  Part of the update included "SMC Firmware update" and "bluetooth firmware update" ... perhaps the problem was in the SMC firmware.  I'm hoping it stays fixed but it looks like I'm back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the bluetooth update, but I will look to initiate the SMC update today and reply again if it is successful for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPC 10.5.7, no recent updates as PPC hardware

FF and Safari choking on MySpace and even AOLmail...seems to be Flash related crashing...completely unusable.

The problems started after going from Flash 10.0.12.36 to Flash 10.0.22.87.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have crash report(s) you could post?

And could you add those reports to a new report on http://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Thanks for responding. I have posted a bug report, but as soon as I did it said that I couldn't view/edit the report  because it was a potential security problem... so perhaps you can add the crash report for me.

The browser isn't crashing- it is freezing. But when I force quit and then generate a report, I've attached the crash report.

Also note: in my previous message I stated the problem went away.... it did go away for about a day. Odd, but it is doing the same thing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if I disable shockwave, and quit Firefox, then reopen and reactivate shockwave, the problem does not occur as often. It works for one session. I had the same problem when posting a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit the Flash Player bug reports either - because I'm not on their team.

Also, the attached report may be stuck on the forum queue for days (@#%$@#$% bug in the forum software).

But getting the crash report is vital - it may point directly to the cause (or might not, depending on the cause).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I jumped too soon. It did start working again, for about a day. Now it is back to hanging when the flash player loads.  Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Flash crashes my browser.  And it's any browser: IE, Firefox, Chrome.  I looked around on quite a few forums and the problem seems to be fairly common.  Frustrating...

It appears to be a common issue when you have Flash with sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the exact same problems. One year old perfect condition 24 inch iMac, I work in the music industry and need to view hundreds of music myspace pages each day. I also do design work so this is really screwing up my workflow. This started happening 2 days after my apple care expired. Apple and Adobe have been no help so far, same with most mac forums. This is a serious problem, that seems to be widespread, I've submitted tons of crash reports for all of my browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue - every application accessing Flash Player 10 will hang earlier or later. I can get it to run every once in a while, but other times, opening one browser window will freeze the application. For some applications, the error can be reproduced every time (e.g. Zattoo). No errormessage, merely a spinning ball of death. Terminating the application will give an error report stating a "hang".

Running Mac OS X 10.5.7 on a MacBook, all updates installed.

Affected applications are (all installed in the latest final version available):

Chrome

Zattoo

Safari

Firefox

NetNewsWire

Repairing permissions as well as several re- and new installations (of the above mentioned programs as well as the Flash Player) did not fix the issue. Installations have been tested with and without deleting preferences and application support folders. Apple's hardware check tool did not come up with any issues.

Attached errorlogs from Zattoo and Safari, other reports look very similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 48 hours the problem has not occurred. I have done nothing different. Today I upgraded to FireFox 3.5 but yesterday I was still on the earlier version without any issues. Will keep everyone posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, for me it started after using Apple's Migration Assistant to move my user between computers. However, I also ran several software updates at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I posted a different forum post for something very similar:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/490203?tstart=0

My issue, however, only begins when hooking up to the flash debugger. This is a killer since it cripples my ability to use the debugger in Flash/Flex Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2010 Nov 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the BING bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem for long time. Finally I found the culprit. And it was none other than Adobe CS4 products !

I uninstalled flash player plugin, unstalled *ALL* CS4 products one by one, deleted everything under "program files\adobe" (except acrobat reader) and everything under "WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash" restarted machine and then installed flash player plugin.

Now the plugin works fine for Google Video chat, YouTube recorder etc.

Its wired to see Adobe Products causes trouble for each other.

Surely something to be noticed by both Adobe Dev and QA teams.

For more details read this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3389017#3389017

Thanks,

FlashPlayerStruggler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines