Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player installed, however doesnt work

Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, my computer got some fake anti virus thing on my cpu the other day and my tech guy took care of it and got rid of it, but it must have deleted Adobe, and now when i try to use things like youtube it tells me i need to download the latest version of flash player.

Ok so i did that, everything with the download goes smoothly, however when i go back to youtube it tells me i still need to download the latest version? I have looked at the Tools>Manage Add-Ons thing and everything is enabled including shockwave. I have probably repeated this step almost 10 times. Im not quite sure how to tell if im on a 32 or 64 bit? I use IE7 on windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm sorry that it didn't. I'm sure you used the test site. I thot that would work, since it has for the ones I told you about.

I don't know but the removal of viruses or malware can sometimes cause problems, exactly what I don't know since I don't understand how they remove them. Whether this could affect the Registry, I don't know for sure. I know that the Flash Player Installer Installs into the Windows Registry and if anything is amiss there for whatever reason, there is a tool that Microsoft has that corrects it. We'll see about that.

Tomorrow, I'll have you take a look at something. It 's not difficult.

Well, we did all we could today/tonight:-)

Tomorrow is another day,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think that too the malware and stuff has something to do with it as well, but ok man thanks for trying for the first night ill give it a go again beforei go to sleep to see if i did anything wrong by accident. But again thanks, and hopefully it works tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i saw something what you said about IE having a problem with flash, but i also saw somewhere in others problems that firefox and something else that flash works for it. If that is true would it just be easier to use that browser? cuz if so im down for that.

Message was edited by: RJAfan6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2011 Jan 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RJA, On your last comment, yes you can Install the FF browser or Chrome for that matter. Chrome comes embedded with Flash Player. The only thing of course is that Flash Player isn't getting Installed in IE.

If you receive any messages while we are troubleshooting, be sure to let me know.

Since changing the UAC Setting didn't work as I had thot, it could be that this isn't applicable to the 64bit system. I'm not sure on that, would have to check the other threads on whether they had 32bit or 64bit.

Now did you have any problems with Flash Player before having that virus and then the removal of it?

Some users have had success in Installing an older version of Flash Player and once that is done, then Installing the current version. I am going to find that info for you. It would be easier to try and there is Adobe documentation for doing this.

Will post that info back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Going to take lunch first:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope no problems at all with flash player at all before the virus, ill try downloading an older version then see what happens if not ill just use chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind man your the life saver of all life savers, i downloaded 9 then went this site that also required flash and it asked me if i wanted to update and it worked!! thank you so man couldnt have done it withou you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RJA, WOW!!!  That is great news. Well, that is good info. I have been busy today and finally had the info for you and clicked on your thread and saw your reply. I know that made your day, certainly made mine also.

Go figure is all I can say in doing that. I know other users say that is how they did it too. I would be interested in knowing which version of Flash Player 9?

Thanks so much and when you can I would appreciate it if you marked your thread as answered. As you can see there are several threads that are having this problem and I know they would benefit. So thanks in advance.

You know how busy we were last night. Well if you want to read a thread that was as busy as we were, go here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/781539?tstart=0

There are just Posts #1-5.

Thanks!!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was looking before at how to mark it answered...but i didnt know where to go?

also i used the first one under the windows set, i think was Flash player9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) then i went to www.easports.com/teambuilder and it took me straight to " this needs the latest version, do you want to update?" and thats what did it.

against thanks for the help

Message was edited by: RJAfan6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RJA, I think when you bring up reply to me, there is either a place at the bottom of that reply or at the top. I'm not sure, just going by what other users have said. Or maybe it is on the reply that I posted to you. Maybe it's on the next post where you reply to me! I guess I am going to have to start a thread and you can answer it!! LOL I never see what you and the other users see regarding how to mark a thread answered.

Maybe I'll find out since you are not the first person to ask.

On the FP 9 version, I was just wondering if it had to be a particular version of 9.Maybe it doesn't matter as long as it is vs 9.

Glad that worked whichever one it was.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha ok ill figure out how to mark it answered one way

or the other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, LOL, I am seriously going to have to find out how that is done. I'll never get to be a 5 Star General at this rate

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, This is my  original SOS:))

" I am experiencing same problem as the you are, who could not install your

Flash player updated version. I have installed it numerous times

and can see that installation is 'successful' for Adobe Flash Player in a

window, however

I am unable to go further. In my CONTROL PANEL it states that it has been

installed, but when I go to Projectplaylist.com which I've used for four yrs

without this requirement, it won't allow me to log in, nor is there a contact

number , go figure. The player on projectplaylist is still insisting that I

download    'Adobe Flash Player, 10.1' , and having done so, it appears in my

control panel. Still not able to use the music site.When I attempted to

reinstall the software it told me I was a 'spambot'. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!! NOTHING

I"VE DONE IS WORKING.....I"M TEARING MY HAIR OUT HERE, I AM A JOURNALIST WHO

RELIES ON MUSIC TO INSPIRE ME AS I WRITE.... THANKS!! "

Lyric LaCeile, Platinum International Press, CEO

Biographer;Ghostwriter;Realtor Property Descriptions;Resumes;Web content editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyric, I replied to you previously, please refer to my post:

Hi Lyric, Spambot? LOL, hadn't heard of that one. It is best if you start your thread/discussion since this thread is answered,

marked or not!  That way this person won't be getting all of the email notifications, and less confusing that way.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. I won't be replying to you further, out of respect of RJAfan6. I have asked you to start your own thread. Please discontinue replying to someone else's answered thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A thousand pardons, will do.

Biographer;Ghostwriter; International music journalist;Realtor Property

Descriptions;Resumes;Web content editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing same problem as first thread. I have installed

and can see that installation is 'successful' for Adobe Flash Player, however

I am unable to go further. The player on projectplaylist is still insisting that I download

Adobe Flash Player, 10.1, and having done so, it appears in my control panel. Still not able to use the music site.When I attempted to reinstall the software it told me I was a 'spambot'. HELP!!!! PLEASE!!! THANKS!

Lyric1958

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyric, Spambot? LOL, hadn't heard of that one. It is best if you start your thread/discussion since this thread is answered,

marked or not!  That way this person won't be getting all of the email notifications, and less confusing that way.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey eidnolb !

Thanks for that, yeah the 'spambot' thing was really wierd,go figure. I've used

Projectplaylist.com for four yrs and nothing like this has ever happened to me

with this site. Spambot? I know, like, whatever!

So thanks for answering my email, I"m off to read your second email with a

resolution, hopefully.

Cheers, Lyric LaCeile

Biographer;Ghostwriter;International Music Journalist; Interior property

descriptions , Realtor Publications;Resumes;Web content editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines