Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working on some websites

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have trouble with Flash Player not working in some websites.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install (have also tried restarting between the different steps). I have also tried to completely remove any remainder of flash (in my User Appdata folder and the Windows system folder).

I have tried to follow other messages but still haven't managed to fix my problem. Last night I thought I had solved the problem as I managed to see videos on a site I couldn't before, but after a short while it failed to play videos again. I haven't changed anything or installed any other program. Just surfed to different websites (some of them probably contained video) and when I moved back to the problematic website it still wouldn't show me videos.

Youtube is working normally.

An example for a website not working properly: http://www.one.co.il/Cat/Video/ .

I encounter this problem with both Firefox (3.6.12) and IE8.

System: Windows 7 Professional.

Flash version installed: 10,1,102,64

Files in Flash folder (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash):

Flash10l.ocx

FlashInstall.log

flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil10l_Plugin.exe

NPSWF32.dll

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Amir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't find the start a discussion....left side said This tthread is locked ?

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert, thanks. I'm trying to follow this thread and it is getting difficult. Too much paging up and down:-) Amir who started the thread had/has issues that are different than others. If you want to pursue your issues, please start a new thread. You don't have to post much, just your system info and something like Can't watch AdobeTV or something similar. You can reference this thread if you like, or I can do it for you when I see your thread. Just keep your same screen name:-)

When 5-6 people are on one thread with different systems and problems it is hard for me to keep it straight.

Please don't think I am not willing to continue helping you, it will just be easier for you and myself.

Thanks for understanding,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I appreciate your effort in solving this issue...it's been a week and I

still can't get my you tube to play any video..

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...it was working fine until I upgrade it to 10.1 ...now nothing work on any

of my uploaded videos and you tube...but thanks anyway...I will just wait for

ADOBE to come up with a solution.We have a corporate technician but

unfortunately he can't also make it to work...

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susana, The most important thing to check when a previous version of Flash Player has been Uninstalled and the new version Installed is the Flash files and the Shockwave Flash Object for IE. Sometimes during an Uninstall, an old file may not have been removed, which can present a conflict.

If your system is a 32bit, then go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Open Flash and post back the files listed.

Then using IE, go to Tools, Manage add ons and find the word "Show"(very light text) Under Show, click on All add ons and Run without Permission. Find Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it is enabled and the same version of Flash Player you Installed. This is for IE8, IE7 is similar.

This info will tell you whether you have Flash Player Installed correctly.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.where can I see the 32 or 64 in my laptop ? I don;t know what i have and how

can I download  the active x control 

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on the 32bit, that is what I gave you. Go to Start, click on Computer or My Computer, then right click on Local Disk (C:) & open. Right click on Windows and Open, Right click on System 32 (or SysWOW64 for 64bit) then Open, then Right click on Macromed and Open, then click on Flash and Open. There is where the Flash files are listed. If you have FF (Firefox) the NPSWF files will need a right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version numbers. Post those back.

You can't download or Install the ActiveX Control by itself, it is Installed with the Flash Player Installer. So let's take a look at what you have. Do you have the Shockwave Flash Object in IE?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Go to Start, click on Computer or My Computer,

2 then right click on Local Disk (C:) & open.

3 Right click on Windows and Open,

4Right click on System 32 then Open,

5then Right click on Macromed and Open,

6 click on Flash and Open. I don't have FF or NPSWF

these are listed on Flash

Flash 10l.ocx (active X Control)

FlashInstall

FlashUtil10l -Active X

FlashUtil 10L-Active x.dll

Install

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susana, thanks. All of your Flash files are Installed correctly. Now what about that Shockwave Flash Object? This must be correctly Installed also, since it works with the websites and the Flash files.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what side and where can I download this shockwave flash object

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi...maybe you can fix my problem after i download shockwave flash .should I

uninstall my Adobe Reader 9 too..right now i unistalled the adobe manager and

all adobe flash player so now I am back to zero and maybe start from shockwave

and make the flash player work...looking forward pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee !

To: Susana Cary <susanacary@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wed, December 15, 2010 6:06:10 PM

Subject: Flash Player not working on some websites

*Hi Susana, thanks. All of your Flash files are Installed correctly. Now what

about that Shockwave Flash Object? This must be correctly Installed also, since

it works with the websites and the Flash files.*

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree.  I'm having the same problems on multiple websites.  In particular the Adobe TV videos do

not run on either IE 8 or Safari 5.  I have the latest Flash download with Windows 7 Professional.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck so far.  Flash videos do run fine on msnbc.com, youtube, and many others, so it seems to be a selective problem on certain sites.  But I would think Adobe should be able to debug this one since their own Adobe TV site is impacted...

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, all videos on Marketwatch.com will not run.

...further update.  My wife's computer is on Windows Vista with almost the same exact configuration of software, and she is not having any problems.  Sooo...I belive that means it is an issue with how the latest Flash Player version works with Windows 7 and IE.  There are always possible differences of course, but so far I don't see any other factors at play.  Things used to work just fine with Flash 9 and Windows 7....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following all the suggestions of this forum.  None worked for me.  I have same problems with both of my computers.  One is Windows XP and the other Windows 7.  Ever since I updated to the new flash player, its not working on most websites.  Its slow and jumpy pictures.  I really missed not watching the news video and youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, eidnolb.

I have tried disabling the Kaspersky addon I have for both FF and IE, but no luck unfortunately.

As to the site I mentioned, there are no system requirements, don't give their developers too much credit (they didn't answer various e-mails I sent them).

The occasional (1 of 20) videos happen to work, but I can't find any consistency with that.

I suppose I'll just have to wait for a new version of Flash Player and hope for the best...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello amir, Thanks for the additional info. Like you, I found that most of the videos did work. The site reminded me of the BBC and the ESPN and other sport sites. What I have found is that some of the videos use various formats. Now some require the Global Settings for the various panels to be enabled. Normally, you would receive a Global Setting window pop up asking you to allow the website to store info on your computer. But this may depend on how one has the Global Settings set. I don't know if these settings apply to this particular website or not. I do know that some of the BBC websites do require it.

I have info for these settings and will post them. Right now I need to access my work computer to do so.

Will do that as soon as possible.

One other note and that is the video that first appeared on that site says that it can only be viewed in Israel.

I don't understand that, but the BBC blocks certain sites to users outside of the UK. There is nothing that can be done about that.

When I say I don't understand, I meant not understanding why certain videos are blocked and others not, since they are on the same website.  Whether access is allowed or not, would have nothing to do with Flash Player however. That is why system requirements and help links on a website are necessary. One thing I give credit to the BBC for is they go to great lengths and have so much info in order to help a user access their website.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll be looking forward to the settings, though I believe I already have them configured correctly.

As to the reason why certain videos are unavailable outside of Israel, is due to broadcasting rights - giving viewers not from Israel the right to watch certain highlights for instance, may act as a copyright infringement of some sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You are most likely correct about the reason being broadcasting rights. If this website is your only problem, then I think this is the issue over which a user does not have control. If you have any other issues, let me know.

If you've been thru the Global Settings, then you know the various selections are not the easiest to understand:-) Following are the main ones, although others can apply.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html  Global Storage
Settings Panel   This one sets the website storage, etc.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html  This is the

Website Storage Settings Panel      (It works with the Global Storage Settings Panel)

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html  This is the
Global Privacy Settings Panel

When I selected my settings, I found I had to re-read each of the above in order to understand how each setting affected the others. In the final analysis the settings involve "user choice" and the websites involved. What the user does and does not do in these Setting Panels have to be taken into consideration.

I'm not a programmer or designer, but it is my opinion, this could be made a lot easier.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i did install the shockwave flash, uninstall the adobe manager and adode

flash player and installed back... my active x control won't pop up either even

I diablled my anti virus temporary and enabled all that has active x control in

the IE...NO LUCK

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susana, please open a new, separate thread, as asked and advised by eidnolb.

You are suffering from a different issue than I am, and the thread I opened should deal with my kind of issues.

The link to start a new discussion is: http://forums.adobe.com/post!input.jspa?containerType=14&container=2168 .

At  the moment you are taking the thread to different issues and creating a  mess, as well as flooding my e-mail inbox with messages that are not  related to me and I really have no desire in taking (but since my  problem wasn't solved yet, I cannot stop the e-mail notifications).

Thank you.

eidnolb - I haven't had time to properly examine my settings. I hope to do so later on today. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE FLASH PLAYER WILL INSTALL COMPLETELY BUT WHEN  I CLICK THE INSTALL FOR FLASH PLAYER  AND CLICK DONE , IT ALWAYS SAY THAT ACTIVE X CONTROL IS NOT REGISTERED IN ADOBE FLASH PLAYER .. I HAVE WINDOW XP, 32 ...INTERNET EXPLORER...HAVE INSTALLED SHOCKWAVE, ALSO HAVE ADOBE READER, ADOBE PHOTO DELUXE (WONDER IF THESE ARE ALL CAUSE THE PROBLEM FOR FLASH PLAYER )...DID THE ENABLED IN  INTERNET OPTION DEFAULT AND CUSTOM LEVEL... ALSO ENABLED SHOCKWAVE  IN ADD ON...been working for this for almost a week...no luck..please help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To start a new thread, go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/webplayers/flash_player and click on the Start A Discussion link to the right of the list of discussions...

newdiscuss.jpg

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines