• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Problems

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Vista and IE8 on an HP laptop.  My Flash Player has been down for a couple weeks now.  It's bad...real bad!!!

I have tried:

• downloading Flash Player about 100 times--clearly not working!
  • downloading the subinacl/reset thing--which ran, but with errors (I can run it again and send you the results if you think it would help)
  • opening IE in safe mode--this did nothing.  I went to Adobe and tried to download Flash Player, but I kept getting a bar at the top that said I was running without add-ons, which I assume is part of safe mode.  The bar invited me to manage my add-ons and the list looked like it had when I managed my add-ons when I wasn't in safe mode.
  • I went to the adobe page that tells you what Flash Player you are running and it said that I had 10.22 (?) installed.

Please help!

Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to go to this website and download Flash 8 & try it again.  When you do this it also gives you the option of running a flash uninstall program 1st.   That should clear out anything wrong with the existing flash program.   It gives you all the flash 8 versions to pick from.  Any should work.  It worked for me.  Good luck.

http://infogenix.com/links/download-flash-player-8.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So, with the newest Flash (player) version (10.0.22.87) on my computer and my not being able to view video, would the uninstall be the solution?  I've had this problem with for quite some time with each update that keeps coming out.  I've got Windows XP Professional & IE 70.5730.13.

Thanks

Twyla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try out the following,

Check if the add on is installed and enabled:

1. Open your IE go to tools -> manage add ons -> enable or disable add ons
  2. In show option choose Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer
  3. Now Search and click on the name "Shockwave flash object"
  4. Check if the add-on is "Enabled" in settings sub panel below the grid view
  5. If it is "Disabled" ( we found the problem) change it to "Enabled".

Now run your browser and check if the flash is working in it. If still its not working properly you have a currupted add-on, in this case do the following:

1. Go to control panel -> Add or Remove programs -> select change or remove programs icon in the left panel.
  2. Search for Flash player <X> Activex and remove it using Remove button.
  3. Now search for the Flash player <X> plugin and remove it. (if it is available)

Now go the link http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and install flash player again and ENJOY your FLASH ride

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeesh... after doing this the new version wouldn't install, even after trying to install older ones, so I used the compressed file to reinstall version 10.....  Anyway, same problem... no viewing of videos.  I'd reeeeally like to figure this out on (my) machine as I'll be working with new videos for our site & do want them to work online  LOL

Any other potential glitches that could be causing this??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a really long time of not being able to use Flash Player, I finally got it fixed.  Basically nothing that has been posted here has been any help.  I tried everything offered and everything I could think of.  I finally downloaded the Adobe Flash Player Debugger at:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

and I can finally use Flash Player again!!!  I honestly don't think that this is what the debugger is supposed to be used for, and there are probably down-sides to this fix--we'll see.  But at least I am functional again!  Thanks to everyone who tried to help, and good luck to those who are having problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines