• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stopped working

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noted the other day that Flash Player had stopped working (I could no longer view youtube videos).  I recently unistalled it using the uninstaller and then re-installed the most current version.  It says it was installed on my computer but there is no spinning f when I visit "about adobe" to verify my version.

I am running Windows XP 32 bit, Service pack 3 and I am using Internet Explorer 7.

Not sure if a virus is involved since I recently ran a complete scan which showed nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IWARPIGI,

I have the same problem after following youtube instructions to upgrade to Adobe Flash Player 11, and now nothing works. I am running an i7 64 bit computer where it does not work, but, on the XP 32 bit with an older version of Flah Player it does ?

Adobe  seems to have NO answer to this issue and at a pinch recommend replacing the Windows Operating system 64 bit Professional, I will not do that .

Let us hope some one comes up with a solution? I do not use youtube much but, I do use Adobe TV tech assistance.

At least I have 2 computers, i7 does not function using Adobe Flash Player 11 but, Windows XP Computer does ????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Dix Photographer wrote:

Adobe [...] recommend replacing the Windows Operating system 64 bit Professional

Where do you see that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dell technican says that reinstall will solve the problem, it was also in Adobe Tech notes, but, cannot

find it now ?

I am not the only one with this issue ?

The XP Dell works fine , not i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Adobe Service Asia/Pacific now have elevated issue to second tier tech support and I am awaiting

suggestions, and solution, if they can . I fear only a full reinstall of Windows Professional 64 will solve the

issue in the short term , but, will it recurr when it up dates again ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fear only a full reinstall of Windows Professional 64 will solve the issue

I'm sure no such drastic measure is required to get Flash Player working.  I suggest you try a complete clean install of Flash Player:

• go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 and download
    • the 64-bit uninstaller
    • the 64-bit installers for Internet Explorer and Firefox
  • close all browser windows, then run the downloaded uninstaller
  • restart Windows
  • delete any remaining files in
    • C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash
  • now run both downloaded installers

If Flash Player is still not working, please post

• the list of files in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • the list of files in C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash
  • the contents of the FlashInstall.log file from both folders above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

done all that but, Plug in not apparent in Control Panel and nothing works ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you if you do not supply the requested information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

The issue has been solved. An Adobe technician removed the latest 11 upgrade and installed 10, it

still did not work, however, I did notice somewhere in the tech notes that a security suite may cause

issues.

So I completly un-installed the CA Security Suite previously know as (VET) from the system and it

worked immediately, many thanks for your interest and assistance

regards............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See advice of successfull install.

Thanks for your interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Internet Explorer | Tools | Add-ons, do you see Shockwave Flash Object, and is it enabled?

If not, can you enable it?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave player is in the computer , but, not noted where you say ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave player is in the computer

Shockwave Player is not the same as Flash Player (Shockwave Flash = Flash Player).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says it is installed and working ?

Regards

But, not as an ADD ON ?

Message was edited by: Bob Dix Photographer

Shockwave is working on Google Chrome and Firefox Mozella but, not Adobe Flash 11 ?

thanks for you help, Turkey is a great place to visit, was in Istanbul an Cappadocia a few months ago, loved it

Bob

I might add that this issue has been sent to the Second Tier of Technical Assistance at Adobe as they have not been able to fix the issue ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that, the Case has been elevated to 2nd division Adobe Technical Servise and they have confirmed

by e-mail.

Thanks for attention, could not solve issue on 1 tier ????????????

Note: The Adobe Technician did completly uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 11 and installed 10, it still did not work.

I then completly uninstalled the CA Security Suite (previously knonw as VET) from the system and the Flash Player worked on all video etc. 

Also, the Bookmarks and In Mail section of My Yahoo would not work, it would appear that a virus or other may have been introduced by the security suite, by removing the suite all issues have been resolved.

Message was edited by: Bob Dix Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IWarPigI,

Note my solution, it may work for you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines