• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stops working after 12 JAN 2021!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

As soon I have the systemdate to 12 JAN 2021, and restart the browser flash stops working. It gives me a link to a end of support. I was expecting to be unsupported, but not expecting it would have a build-in kill switch. Others see the same behavior? (using the latest Flash Player available for download)

Tx,

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

This is working as intended, see this page. You can use enterprise enablement support (allowlist feature), but this won't stop browsers from removing Flash support. 

''Once Adobe’s support for Flash Player ends, and to help secure customers' systems, Adobe will block Flash Player playback by default. This action may be overridden if an enterprise administrator has activated enterprise enablement support (see above).  Please note that Flash Player’s ability to run is dependent on browser support 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue, but i am running the standalone Dot net application via WiN forms.

It will play the SWF file which is published in Adobe Captivates. IF i have changes my system date back to 11th jan 2021 my application working fine, but after that it will shows the screen not supported. My interface is also design in Flash its working but when application try to load the SWF file published from captivate the screen apears. Any 1 help plz... There is a lot of efforts to develop this application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines