Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stutters for 1 second then continues normally

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Problem is very weird. I have Mozilla Firefox, IE, latest flash (11.9), Win 8.1 All latest updates. Online video playback with flash player stutters in a very weird way - even if video is fully downloaded it stutters for a second irregulary and then continues normally as if nothing happen. This stutter is similar like someone just opened something on a slow hdd and thus makes the flash playback stutter for just a second (even though i have an ssd that is very fast; rest of computers is i7, r9 280x, so a fast and modern computer). This happens in irregular intervals on both browsers. Video is watchable but this is very annoying. I tried reinstalling just about everything except the OS itself. I disabled hardware acceleration and set cash to unlimited in flash settings, still nothing. This happens with youtube as well as all other flash video in both browsers. Ofcourse other video playback is fine (.avi, .mp4 etc). It can happen 5 times in 5 minutes, and than nothing for half an hour and then starts again.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

I have the same problem. It just happen only with Windows 8.1. My System: Core i7-3770, 16 GB Ram, 256 GB SSD and a stable VDSL2 25 Mbit internet connection. System is up to date. Newest flash version is also installed: 11.9.900.170.

To temporary solve the problem, i go to task manager under details and set the cpu affinity for FlashPlayerPlugin_11_9_900_170.exe to 1 core.

With Flash Version 11.5 the problem is gone, but it's a old (unsave) version of flash.

Google Chrome is the only browser withou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 221 Replies 221
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should try.

if it gets worse, you can probably cancel.

bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TiesTorN There is no such option in the Acer Aspire V3-772g UEFI.

@Fillin Many thanks to your advice it seems to work anyway after the command+reboot

I now use this video as reference, as I never saw it to the end without at last a stutter (sometimes 6 a minute!), and the constant moving things in the background makes easy to spot a stutter : http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22832921 , free account required, HD mode activated ( HD available only during low traffic periods)

Now it seems gone or imperceptible (or they last, let's say roughly 5ms or less, no trouble at all). It's harder to tell now, I was getting used to have choppy videos, I'm all moved to see everything smoothly

Going to confirm that it stays stable in the next days.

These informations could be useful for Adobe to pinpoint the culprit btw

More Seriously, the people who are not aware of the existence of this thread deserve an official fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well... I said "if there is absolutely no option like that, then it's probably already enabled. almost all new mobos have it." and the reason it works when you use the command is your mobo already has it, it just doesn't have the option to to turn it off or on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, oem mobos have very few settings.

Edit : It seems the problem is gone for good after some days of tests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the "useplatform true" parameter doesn't change anything. I still have sometimes video stuttering.

I have a HP laptop with Intel Core i5, intel hd graphics 4600 and amd radeon HD8670M.

And windows 8.1 64 bits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all.

I have the same problem as the original poster. The flash content of NBA League Pass stutters for a second or two and skips frame, while the sound remains fine. I have no other problems watching YouTube videos for example. I have tried everything suggested in here, multiple of browsers but no luck. This is completely unecceptable since I am paying gopd money for the NBA Pass. The cretins there have offered no support, as usual. I don't want to cancel my sub. Any help please?

Also, if I buy, for example, the Apple TV, will the problem persists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really have tried everything suggested here, then the obvious fix is to use Google Chrome instead of Firefox which suffers of no Flash stuttering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem happens with Google Chrome. Using Chrome doesn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm french and I am experiencing the exact same problem , and I'm very disappointed to see this thread don't let us see the end of this. This is not just a small bug, and it happens only on high end hardware, fairly expensive.

I don't want to quit using Firefox and I am in right to see Adobe fix it in a REASONABLE amount of time. To tell you the truth, I wish flash player would become useless and html5 videos or integrated H264 takes over it. Bad deal for Adobe, but good for us users!

You already have a bad reputation around my family and friends because of the ressource problem (some have told me their Sandy bridge i3 with no dedicated video card is overheated when watching catchup TV in HD 720p, another that a geforce 315 can't handle 720p for more than two hours without horrible laggy frames...)

(half) joking aside, can't you just make a small post every now and then telling us how things are going, or did you drop the bag already???

Just in case, if you wanna know, I'm not a stupid hater, just a guy who waited too long lurking the topic with no shadow of a small progress.

P.S: My computer is an Acer Aspire V3-772g, intel core i7-4702MQ, full HD, windows 8.1, and I still can't see a 360p video smoothly?! Must be kidding...

P.S.2: Drivers are up to date, so is firefox.

Ask if you want a dxdiag.

Good day to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw jus wanna enquire does the problem worsens or anything if u go in full screen mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems overly less present in fullscreen, and the stutters are always random. What makes a big change is between websites, some of them are affected every 2min and others more often (randomly of course, the interval is not constant).

Example, on niconico, I've seen up to 6 stutters a minute in non-fullscreen mode, and sometimes I will have just two in 20mins.

When it comes to subbed videos, it's properly unbearable.

Gonna have to use chrome for videos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gents, I read through this very exhaustive thread.  I, too, am having the video freeze every few seconds.  Running IE11 and 8.1 Pro on an I7-3770 Quad Core with 16GB RAM and an SSD as a system drive.  Never had the issue in Windows 7 or 8.  It only showed up in 8.1.  I will say that the problem is almost non-existent in the 64 bit version of IE11.

I still have that issue, however I've noticed something else:  I've installed the Windows 10 preview, build 9879, in a Hyper-V VM on the same computer.  Have zero issues.  It is strictly default.  I've not installed, nor uninstalled anything from the base W10 install.  I've only updated it.

I watch a lot of CNN video, which is where I first noticed the video issue in 8.1, and it simply doesn't exist in Windows 10.

Just thought I'd throw that onto the pile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 8.1 64 bits and I tried to run the flash videos with Waterfox 64 bits and the stuttering still exists, but a bit less than with firefox 32 bits.

I hope they will make a good version of firefox 64 bits with multiprocess so we can watch flash videos without any kind of problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know when will they release the firefox 64 ver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 20th 2014 Captains log- I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 PC desktop with Intel Pentium 4 (2.80 GHz) and nVidia GeForce 9400 GT with 3.5 GB RAM (upgraded power supply unit to create enough wattage for GPU) all right so here's the deal... a week ago I have been using Windows XP Pro 32 bit exclusively with zero problems, all my streaming videos work fine.  I decided recently to install Windows 7 (x32) on my 2nd hard drive and I installed all updates from microshaft installed driver for sound car video card etc install adobe flash player newest version (15)  now I am an anime fanatic, I watch all the most current series that are any good.

Video streaming (chia-anime.com my preferrred site)  stutters even after it buffers, sometimes i can "fix" a scene that was unwatchablw due to stuttering by rewinding but it keeps on doing it quite often very annoying and frustrating that it is not an easy fix.especially since my video streaming worked perfectly under Windows XP.  Tried installing google chrome, problem happens in both firefox and chrome i prefer firefox only anyway, there needs to be a fix!  The issue is definitely NOT with my HARDWARE but some kind of problem between Windows & 32 bit and Adobe 15 i believe... some conflict although there is no error report when it happens.

I made an account with adobe forums specifically so i could comment on this one thread.  I am going to try now to uninstall Adobe 15 and restart and then install the archived version of adobe flash player version 11.5.149 and see if that fixes my issue. will come back soon and let you know if this fixes the issue because there is a new episode of NAruto Shipuuden on today and i'll be damned if it's going to stutter on me.  at the worst case scenario I'll restart the computer and go back to my WINDOWS XP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok well uninstalled version 15 and installed version 11.5.502 of adobe flash player and that made the stuttering much worse.  I restarted my computer and went into my Windows XP system and video streams great, the problem must be something in my new Windows 7 system so ill try and check the configurations and research the issue some more.  assuming at this point that it has nothing to do with adobe or firefox (since both newest versions work perfect in my Windows XP system on the same computer on the other hard drive) but something in win7 settings or drivers or something ill check those out and see what i can dig up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this solution. It worked for me. Possible Solution to Firefox Hangs or Crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that has nothing to do with the problem being discussed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smooth scrolling has been known to cause Flash to stutter, so It wouldn't kill people to try it and see if it helps their case, cause it did mine. I'm sure the Original post solved their problem by now. But there are still hundreds of other people with similar problems with Flash (some related to just HWA alone)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly I can also confirm that this worked for me. I just recently bought a new Alienware Alpha PC and was wondering why the heck the video was so choppy when streaming. Im running the latest adobe update 16.0.0.235. I ran the command as stated...rebooted...and the chopiness disappeared, it was all gone. The issue was alot more noticeable for me since i use a big screen tv. Thanks guys for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem, in Chrome, Firefox and sometimes my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost a new year (2015) and Adobe Flash Player still stutters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When are they going to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2015 Jan 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be because there's not enough processing power or ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm impatient as much as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines