Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stutters for 1 second then continues normally

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Problem is very weird. I have Mozilla Firefox, IE, latest flash (11.9), Win 8.1 All latest updates. Online video playback with flash player stutters in a very weird way - even if video is fully downloaded it stutters for a second irregulary and then continues normally as if nothing happen. This stutter is similar like someone just opened something on a slow hdd and thus makes the flash playback stutter for just a second (even though i have an ssd that is very fast; rest of computers is i7, r9 280x, so a fast and modern computer). This happens in irregular intervals on both browsers. Video is watchable but this is very annoying. I tried reinstalling just about everything except the OS itself. I disabled hardware acceleration and set cash to unlimited in flash settings, still nothing. This happens with youtube as well as all other flash video in both browsers. Ofcourse other video playback is fine (.avi, .mp4 etc). It can happen 5 times in 5 minutes, and than nothing for half an hour and then starts again.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

I have the same problem. It just happen only with Windows 8.1. My System: Core i7-3770, 16 GB Ram, 256 GB SSD and a stable VDSL2 25 Mbit internet connection. System is up to date. Newest flash version is also installed: 11.9.900.170.

To temporary solve the problem, i go to task manager under details and set the cpu affinity for FlashPlayerPlugin_11_9_900_170.exe to 1 core.

With Flash Version 11.5 the problem is gone, but it's a old (unsave) version of flash.

Google Chrome is the only browser withou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 221 Replies 221
Sep 07, 2014 Sep 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of your fixes worked for me.

I tried a fresh windows 8.1 install but it didn't fix anything. It had the 1 second video lags immediately.

Fortunately, I found a 100% working solution (at least for me)

I downloaded Cyberfox (open source)

https://8pecxstudios.com/cyberfox-web-browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update 15.0.0.152 didn't fix the stuttering issue for me, I still have video lags in this one for example :

http://youtu.be/fZOCU7Rr5Vg

(after 10 min of playing)

I'm using Firefox 32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe, please answer to this : are you working on a fix for the Firefox bug?

Can we expect for a solution in the next weeks ?

Please answer something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting flash process to one core helps a bit, but this is still an wild bug that adobe hasn't addressed. How many more users have to complain?? Or has Adobe given up??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem... There was no problem while I was using W7, switched to W8.1 last week and this problem occured. Very annoying for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe why don't you answer to our questions?

I have also Win 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I'm sure that there are thousands more with the same problem, they just don't know what the problem is. people here are the ones that can figure out that the problem is related to adobe's software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TiesTorN don't forget to vote for the associate bug : Bug#3692645 - Video playback stutters/judders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to report that it appears that 64-bit Firefox Nightly does not have this Flash stuttering problem. I have not tried 32-bit version however. The 64-bit Nightly can be found in Index of /pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk --> firefox-35.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty cool if there is no stuttering problem in firefox 64 bits.

However the official release of firefox 64 bits is scheduled for firefox 37 (in march 2015).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last version 15.0.0.189, I have still stuttering issues with firefox. For example at 0:50 sec in this video : Battlefield 4 - Sniper Barret.50 Gameplay Multijoueurs - Petit Carnage [FR] - YouTube

I think Adobe has forgotten us... We can wait for the release of Firefox 64 bits...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the command

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

few hours Flash player no stutters.

GO TO THE BIOS

Enable HPET (32 or 64 Bits ) (Normally this switch is enabled by default)

NOW GO TO WINDOWS :

For windows (go to The Command Prompt "cmd" -in admin mode - and type :

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

THEN. REBOOT !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer) may have either positive or negative effect on your computer and it entirely depends on the motherboard. Common issue caused by HPET is frequent spikes in DPC latency, but there may be other problems too. Keep that in mind when experimenting with HPET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a laptop and in the BIOS i can't enable HPET.

Besides, can you explain us what is DPC latency?

THanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explaining DPC latency would be involved, please simply put DPC latency to google and you'll get plenty of information what is DPC and what is DPC latency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have used a tool for DPC Latency and it finds nothing wrong with my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S3ndG написал(а):

Hello,

I have a laptop and in the BIOS i can't enable HPET.

Besides, can you explain us what is DPC latency?

THanks

I have a desktop with motherboard asus z87 deluxe. It also is not the BIOS settings HPET. But aida64 shows that HPET enabled

DPC latency before and after changed slightly

Before enabling HPET was 1020-1030, after switching became 1012-990

Sorry for machine translation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On windows 8 no problems in all browsers. DPС latency was 1020-1030

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fillin, I did not understand how you changed DPC latency for a long time...

And what are the problems I could have if I change this latency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

can you tell us what solved the problem?

Going back to windows XP ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if u couldn't see this message above my reply --> "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can confirm that switching from Windows 7 to Windows XP (even though support for that OS ended a year ago) fixed the problem! Adobe Flash Player in Firefox~ NO STUTTERING!!! NOT ONCE! 

Today i switched over to the XP (had to install the newest version of Flash Player, version 17*) and both current versions of Firefox and Adobe work much faster and smoother in XP over Windows 7.  Firefox opens and is loaded in less than two seconds on XP whereas on Windows 7 it takes up to 3-5 seconds to open sometimes and another 3-5 seconds to load up google, which is my homepage.  On Windows 7, Flash Player is lagging and stuttering blipping out and freezing up, sometimes forcing me to shut it down with task manager.

On windows XP, one click on my preferred video streaming site and my video is playing perfectly, loads so fast i don't have to click the pause button to let it load up at all, not once, after 1-3 seconds video stream starts playing perfectly smooth, not one hiccup or fart.  This is how video should be able to run on my Dell Optiplex GX280 Desktop PC with a 2.80 gHz Intel Pentium 4 processor, 3 GB ddr2 RAM, and GeForce 9800 GT 1GB GPU (all bought with increased HD space for a total of $350 spent between 2007 and 2009 roughly, the Dell company laid off over 4000 employees and Discount Electronics founded their business on selling the leftover computers for cheap)... 

It infuriates me to no end that Windows 7 gives no more functionality but instead only hogs more resource to operate its software.  My hardware is awesome, and it's really a shame this industry is trying to force me to upgrade to a newer more expensive PC in order to make their new software work.  The hardware I currently have is really really awesome still compared to the old computer I had in 1985 with the black screen and green letters back when having 2400 kbps connection speed was awesome and 5400 kbps was the fastest the internet could go lol!  I can play many modern games, ones that are even on XBOX 360 as well as lots of MMORPGs.  Granted, a few of the newest games are saying you can't play anymore unless you get a dual core... but it's all about the fact that my hardware has great functionality and it's sad to see people trying to faze it out even though both Firefox and Adobe Flash Player run faster in my Windows XP than in my Windows 7 (both on the same computer). My hardware is definitely not at fault, just your lousy lazy microshaft programming is to blame. Not Adobe's fault, nor Firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I have no HPET option in my UEFI 😞

Is it worth running the bcdedit command in your opinion? I don't want to tweak unecessarily these kind of settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be under the name "high precision event timer" instead of hpet. it can usually be found in the cpu settings. if there is absolutely no option like that, then it's probably already enabled. almost all new mobos have it.

you can google hpet and do some research about it before if you have doubts about what it does... I did and I thought it's ok to force enable it. it may even be better for overall system stability than not force enabling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines