• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer 20 memory leak making it impossible to play for more than an hour at a time

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashplayer 20 memory leak making it impossible to play for more than an hour at a time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are looking into the bug fix. We will update you son.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, just browsing the web.  After a couple hours, the memory usage for flash grows to over 2gb.  Unless I kill the process and let it start over again, it will keep growing until the machine becomes completely unresponsive.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit with all current updates and Firefox 43.0.4.  I just uninstalled Flash and will have to do without until this can be fixed.

Is anyone aware of an earlier version of Flash that works properly, or any idea if/when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the flash site and steps to reproduce the issue.

Please use latest Firefox version and FP 20.0.0.286.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but I uninstalled Flash.  Not sure if I will use it again.  From what I understand, when HTML 5 becomes more widespread, we won't need Flash at all.

BTW, I was on the latest version of Firefox and Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines