• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a post about adobe flash player version 10 Adobe player. Is it true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2008 Sep 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is a Flash Player 10 beta. I'm using it now on Firefox 3, because FF3 with Flash 9 had problems playing videos. I'm pleased to say that Flash 10 beta is very stable and the videos in FF3 play just fine! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read an article about Adobe Flash Player 10. Is it true? http://notechie.com/adobe-flash-player-soon-the-final-version-10/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also looked into this problem. Ran the registry entries, deleted temporary files with CCleaner. Installed and reinstalled Flash... In the end, it was something completely unrelated, it seems someone accidentally disconnected my audio out lines on my 5.1 soundcard and inserted the wrong channels in the wrong ports. How does this pertain to the problem you ask? Audio from flash movie files are utilized on the front L/R speakers which were active on my computer except they were acting as the rear L/R speakers explaining why all my other sound was working

-Lucas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash 10 is now available, and it seems to solve all of these problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2006 Aug 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX GOD!
it also worked for me

quote:

Originally posted by: Gilhooley
YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2006 Aug 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i checked windows services, but the windows audio is already started. all my audio selects are pointed to the correct setting.

again, my problem is that there is no sound ONLY if the youtube video is played in a non-youtube site as an embedded file, otherwise the sound is fine.

See Photo of Flash 9 Sound Problem on Flickr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2006 Aug 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm. So sound works on other flash sites such as video.google.co.uk and www.cnet.com. Do you get the same problem if you view the site in a different browser such as firefox of opera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, the sound works fine on google video and cnet.com. it only does not work when the youtube video is embedded in a non-youtube.com site. please see my flickr photo above for a screenshot.

i only use IE on my computer. unfortunately, i cannot install firefox or opera for other reasons out of my control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2006 Aug 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nicked this from YouTube's own help page, hope its of help as I am stuck otherwise. It sounds to me like you flash is working fine seems it works on google and cnet. Maybe its an error at there end and not at yours such as a small typo in their embedding code (easy one is using \'s instead of /'s) you could try and edit the HTML source of the site your are trying to view, save it on your hard drive and viewing that instead though don't ask me how to do this as I dont know anything about HTML coding. Sorry I can't be of more help! good luck!

Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video?
To make sure that you hear sound while watching videos, please check the volume controls on your computer. Also, be sure to increase the volume on other conventional video players on your computer, such as Real Player or Windows Media. This may have an effect on your computer's master volume levels. Next, check to see if your system meets these requirements for running the Video Viewer:

Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
Firefox 1.1+, IE 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps

If your system meets all the requirements, but the Video Viewer still isn't working properly, please try troubleshooting with a different browser. Also, please test the audio on multiple videos. (Heres the link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

y2k, I have exactly the same problem as you, but I only have it with Netscape (7 and 8), and not with IE6. I haven't figured it out either. I haven't tried switching to Flash 7, I'll do that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Y2K, after checking, I was wrong -- I can't hear embedded youtube videos either on IE6 or on Netscape 7 or 8. I tried to reinstall Flash player 7, but it still says version 8. So it looks like I have the exact same problem as you -- I can hear youtube videos on on youtube.com, but not when they are embedded on other web sites. Such as this one:

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/VIDEO_Whistleblower_uses_YouTube_to_tell_0829.html

Please post something if you ever figure out what the problem is. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2006 Aug 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I would like to state this is the first time I have ever written on an online forum, and the only reason i'm writing it is to deeply deeply thank "Gilhooley". Who ever he/she is, I thank you for allowing me to interact with countless media online by having sound once again, something some of us may take for granted. But it goes to show0 with the help of others we can solve any problems we have.
Thank you Gihooley and God Bless!
x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2006 Sep 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAJOR respect to Gilhooley for the solution.

If everyone how had this problem sent him 10p (UK) or 10c (US), Gilhooley would be a rice man by now. What can we do to see you get proper accreditation for this Gilhooley?

I am an applications developer and like others have said Adobe's (a) approch (or lack thereof) to the problem is disgusting and (b) their attention to detail on their released products is a shambles.

What an utter disgrace! Adobe LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, take consumers comments and bug reports onboard, at least acknowledge problems like this. It's a complete disgrace that a user from the WWW has to come onto your forum and fix YOUR problems, if I where project managing this one, people would be getting sacked, damn if I had managed the Adobe Player 9 project, I'd have had to sack myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2006 Sep 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gurdpath and others,

no i have not found a solution at all that work.

i don't understand why i don't have sound when i play youtube video on a non-youtube.com site, yet the sound is fine if i play it directly on youtube? it is not a missing driver since sound does work in youtube. could it be some kind of security setting or conflict or quicktime or other programs?

can someone please help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2006 Sep 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

If you are not fancy towards IE, then I would suggest to go fo Netscape. I dont' know how I enterend into this trouble, then I tried all suggestions given by Adobe and other forum friends. But none didn't worked. Reinstall Windows OS which made me work partially.

Now I install latest version of Netscape and all my problem are gone. youtube is perfectly working and all my pains are gone. So I want to share this new with others so that they can go for Netscape.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't help me. I tried using Netscape Browser 8 and had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All If you are on Windows XP x64 Edition and have Tried Everything in this forum. I have been going nuts since I upgraded to Flash 9 I finally found this through Google. The second I merged it into my Registry My sound came right back I had IE open with a Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2006 Sep 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read every thread avalible and done all actions on this thread ___AND STILL NO SOUND - only with flash sites and flash games PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2006 Sep 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORK!!!!!! nice work Gilhooley..... i forgot to add the first line at first but then i added it and it worked!! 2 months with no sound oh my god.

Dont forget to add "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00" ....(no quotes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2006 Sep 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP ME DEAR GOD!!!!!! ive tried everything under the sun, the registry trick, the re-istallin drivers checking sound settings(i dont even know which ones to check, ive checked everyone i could find) the K-Lite codac trick and i get absolutly no sound from any thing internet, flash vids, google vids, quicktime vids, NOTHING NADA and ive been on forum after forum and its getting depressing hearing all the people that have had the reg trick work for them PLEASE PLEASE someone help months without sound on internet its so unbeliavbly S***!

if anyone can help please email me on chrispepper1989@googlemail.com, im trying to watch so many forums right now i dont know if ill ever get back to them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Gilhooley
YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

1st off:

ware is this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] on Windows Xp?

2nd off:

ware do we put the file for the code?

im just confused

you can post a reply on my forum if you want : http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=184&threadid=1194648&CFID=9234759...

but ya...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2006 Oct 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo! You're brilliant Gilhooley. Fixing the XP Registry did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2006 Oct 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilhooley i bet he's an adobe mechanic 1 post... but hey i worked so who ever you are
i can't thank you enough toda shukrun spasiva and much much more.
i've been surfing like a maniac to find the fix and did everything and only this worked for me
TRY IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2006 Oct 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any sort of adstopper proxy in place? When I have proxmitron enabled, I can't hear embedded YouTube videos. If I disable it, I can hear them just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines