• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV?

I just purchased a Samsung Smart TV. When I try to watch ESPN3, I receive the message: Insufficient Flash Player Requirements.

Clicking to update gives the following information:

Adobe Flash Player version 11.2.202.243.

Your System: Linux 32-bit, Safari.

NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.

Select Version To Download:

YUM for Linux (YUM)

.tar.gz for other Linux

.rpm for other Linux

APT for UBUNTU 10.4.

When I select any of the first 3 Linux options, I receive the message: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD.  When I select APT, I receive the message SERVER NOT FOUND.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Hi,

As I mentioned previously in this thread (posts 15,17, and 37), any Flash Player updates for Smart TVs, if available, would come from the manufacturer, not Adobe, and certainly not from some random website asking you to complete a survey before providing you with a file.  Please contact your Smart TVs manufacturer support for assistance.

Please, please, please, do NOT go to some random website that asks you to complete a survey to get a file.  If you do happen to get a file it'll most likely c

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to play streaming video from the Major League Soccer site, I encountered the same problem. Samsung's TV browser doesn't support Adobe Flash Player -- which is ridiculous. Not at all happy about it. Followed the internet tutorial to download SmartTVFlash player. Then, I wasted like an hour out of my life trying to get to the download link, filling out surveys, being told my zip code was invalid, filling out other surveys, signing up for "free trials" for Rhapsody and something else, both of which I'm going to have to cancel before I get charged -- and never got the "free" download link. Honestly, I'd have been happier just dropping $20 bucks for an installer that works. I suspect it's a scam, especially since there is no contact link. 

Per the comment above, I contacted Samsung support. The say the issue is there' is no contract with Adobe, so it remains unsupported. There is no software they can send you to install. They only send thumb drives for people who have no web access at all -- but there's nothing they can send you that will play flash video. Really makes me wonder if I should return my TV to Best Buy, and buy a brand that isn't so blindly stupid to provide such a useless browser.

The other option, I guess, is to attach some other device, maybe Apple TV, though I suppose you could do the same thing with the Fire Stick and the like -- that would use its own proprietary browser that isn't so ridiculous. I might do that.Or, I'll return the TV...because I'm that mad about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone post, send or put up in drop box or google drive the file? I have called the support center but unfortunately i did not get sufficient help or any solutions. I also tried getting the file by filling out survey after survey from smarttvflash.com  but It never sends me to download page to download the flash. I am at my witsend with this issue!!! Somebody help! Please email to [removed personal information]

Many Thanks guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no success with smarttvflash.com and the run around has become stifling.  I am at wits end.  Is there any hope that someone would be kind enough to email me the file.  Please email to [removed personal information]

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, please please send me the file at [removed personal information]     Thanks so much !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would appreciate someone sending me the file for the flash update at [removed personal information]. Thank you very much, I spent 30 minutes on a chat line with Samsung where they insisted there was no problem and the flash player could not be updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could also use the flash update file, please send to [removed personal information] Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I never got a copy, and in addition from my research on the Samsung tv I don't believe it would work-- what we need is Samsung to send out a firmware update. You can help by writing to the CEO and detailing the issue. I also am writing and have also found that I cannot mirror my computer which is one of the functions that I really wanted. This mirroring issue is also related to Samsung using non standard software

henry

To: Henry Troost [removed personal information]

Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:06 PM

Subject:  How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV

created by oldblue702003 in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionI could also use the flash update file, please send to [removed personal information] Thank you for your help If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8219917#8219917 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8219917#8219917 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it's December 2015. I wanted to watch Hulu and couldn't due to the issue of the flash update update not downloading, I called, they said there is nothing they can do, none of the Samsung tv's are capable of streaming video from the internet, that we have to use the saved applications such as Netflix, HULU PLUS, etc, This is very disappointing, we tried log in in my hulu account but it only allows HULU PLUS subscribers to log in, I WILL BE RETURNING MY TV NEXT WEEK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my research says that you cannot update the flash player without a firmware update from Samsung. I think we need a lawyer on this subject to file a lawsuit to help us as a group. Samsung seems to interested in insider trading and stealing intelectual property rights from iphone to waste their time providing a good product to their customers.

Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 4:53 PM

Subject:  How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV

created by vampyressa in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionI have the same problem and it's December 2015. I wanted to watch Hulu and couldn't due to the issue of the flash update update not downloading, I called, they said there is nothing they can do, none of the Samsung tv's are capable of streaming video from the internet, that we have to use the saved applications such as Netflix, HULU PLUS, etc, This is very disappointing, we tried log in in my hulu account but it only allows HULU PLUS subscribers to log in, I WILL BE RETURNING MY TV NEXT WEEK If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8256729#8256729 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8256729#8256729 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if there is any other tv brand that have access to the flash player updates or that doesn't present any issues with online streaming? Count me in to file a complain or whatever is needed to solve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that LG has the same problem, I was going to look at Visio, but have not gotten around to reviewing their offerings

Sent: Saturday, December 5, 2015 7:36 PM

created by vampyressa in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussionDo you know if there is any other tv brand that have access to the flash player updates or that doesn't present any issues with online streaming? Count me in to file a complain or whatever is needed to solve this issue If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8257021#8257021 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8257021#8257021 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTICE!!!!

Do Not go to the page "Smart TV Flash Player Download" and try to download anything. This is a malicious website, and all you will end up doing is filling out endless surveys, and getting on spam email lists when you enter your email. It is absolutely worthless.

Herein lies the root cause of this issue. The websites you are trying to view should be using HTML5 players instead of Flash. Flash will soon be obsolete, as indicated by Youtube now using HTML5 viewer.

The problem lies with your website provider (Hulu, ABC, whatever) NOT conforming to the new HTML5 Standard. Adobe has decided they will not spend money developing Flash for these obsolete browsers, and who blames them. Why should THEY waste their money because of lazy web developers using outdated players on their crummy websites. If you want to complain to someone, complain to the website whose video you can't view because they aren't up to HTML% Standards!.

Good Day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As I mentioned previously in this thread (posts 15 & 17), any Flash Player updates for Smart TVs, if available, would come from the manufacturer, not Adobe, and certainly not from some random website asking you to complete a survey before providing you with a file.  Please contact your Smart TVs manufacturer support for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone also send the link to me as well please? <deleted personal info>

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 3, 2016 same problem with flash. I think a class action suit for Samsung owners is in order. It appears this has been an issue since 2013. If anyone has a solution, please share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I went to this site - www.smarttvflash.com and did everything requested (Several surveys completed) and still no download link.

Can someone please help me and tell me how to get this download, even better if someone could email it to me. my email ID - <deleted personal information>

Or I can provide dropbox or google drive. Pleae share the zip file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As I mentioned previously in this thread (posts 15,17, and 37), any Flash Player updates for Smart TVs, if available, would come from the manufacturer, not Adobe, and certainly not from some random website asking you to complete a survey before providing you with a file.  Please contact your Smart TVs manufacturer support for assistance.

Please, please, please, do NOT go to some random website that asks you to complete a survey to get a file.  If you do happen to get a file it'll most likely contain a virus, malware, etc.  Adobe, nor any legitimate manufacture, will post a file on some random website and ask you to complete survey in order to obtain the file.  Doing this is just opening up your system to all sorts of bad things.  Please don't do it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told that I could solve the issue, just by using an HDMI cable, that I could stream what I'm watching on my laptop on my Samsung tv with this cable. I think it's an easier solution than trying to install an update from an non-official source. I'll get the cable in the next few days and see how it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, that is a much better option than attempting to obtain a file from some random source.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Just got a Samsung smart tv and wanted to watch a webinar. Very disappointed to find no way to do so due to no Adobe Flash Player issue. Found this-- 

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1077884

Flash player upgrade/update issue on Smart TV

Last Update date : 2015.06.25

The TV’s OS prevents the browser from installing anything from it for security purposes. Up to February 4, 2014, Flash will be upgradable via a firmware update issued by Adobe for TVs and released on the Samsung website.

Adobe will no longer continue to support Flash on Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players. Adobe is recently packaging apps using Adobe AIR for TV or web runtime technologies on TVs and other digital home devices that use the TV as a display. As a result, Flash engines will not be supported in 2015 Samsung products. Although Flash engines will remain to be equipped on existing Samsung products, including 2014 models, there will be no technical support from either Samsung or Adobe.

**We recommend using the mobile version as Flash player updates are issued by Adobe for desktop and mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to do some research before buying; there is a zillions of product forums and sites that review these things.

You also might want to return it and get something more comparable since you recently got it. I personally am not too fond of my Samsung TV, i just use it for a TV ONLY the smart hub literally sucks. I find that Samsung out dates their support and equipment relatively quickly..

I am considering an LG, but can't justify the cost as there is nothing wrong with my Samsung  TV as it is, just i can't use it to its full potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2016 Jan 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I've also found this link below which gives history-- Adobe announced it was abandoning TV. I'm not a techie, but my understanding from reading above link & this link is that it's Adobe who abandoned the effort re:flash & TV way back in 2011 & the last of the support ended 2014..... so if Im understanding correctly, doesnt matter the brand TV--- we just have to mirror or stream thru our device to TV --???  I was trying to figure out what Adobe Air is per recommendation in  link above, but it seems it's for the developer end, not user end--??  I need to read more.... Well, the TV was a gift actually & for my purposes, it'll be fine since Ive been watching TV on  macbook & ipad for years and only had an analog tv for dvds. Ive entered the Modern Age! Ha! But learned it's not quite up to  expectations....

https://gigaom.com/2011/11/09/flash-tv-future/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled onto this thread, but I think that the only way is from Samsung to ingrate the Flash Player into their products, but I have no knowledge that they have. AIR is the way to go for mobile, perhaps also for TVs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no success with smarttvflash.com and the run around has become stifling.  I am at wits end.  Is there any hope that someone would be kind enough to email me the file.  Please email to <Moderator: Deleted personal information>

Thanks for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is only supported on desktop devices.  See the Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player​ for a list of supported platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines