• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I...

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...remove the Active X file in Internet Properties > Browsing History > Settings >  View Objects >  Downloaded Program Files?

Browser: IE 7

I've already uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10. The Active X file remains.

TW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click; Remove ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Vista Home Premium  when you are in Downloaded Program Files and you right click, you get one thing... Properties. So your thought of Right Click; Remove... will not work. Thanks for the thought though. Anyone else?

TW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in Internet Explorer; I don't think it works/shows differently in Vista.

However, when I just tested it, it was with IE8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found how to uninstall Flash Player... only the instructions say to close all running applications including Internet Explorer etc. Now I'm stumped! How do I close these applications, including Internet Explorer, in Vista Home Premium edition? I'm thinking I'll need to disconnect from the Internet and close my anti-virus, anti-spyware apps etc. But how do you close IE so that it isn't running?! This must be done before you uninstall with the special uninstall tool provided by Adobe.

TW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought that you had already uninstalled Flash Player?

Anyway, to completely remove anything related to Flash Player, download and run the uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

Note that IE and other browsers should be closed when running the uninstaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines