Exit

I seem to have the "rare" problem too

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O/S:  Windows XP

Browser: Internet Explorer 7

This is a stand alone laptop owned, maintained and used by little ole me.

I'm very frustrated with the whole Flash issue that y'all claim is "rare" but tons of people are battling.  Maybe it seems rare because they haven't taken the time to go through the registration process to come in here and complain!

When I go to a website that requires Flash Player, it gives me a message that tells me I have to update my Flash Player before continuing.  So I quit doing everything that I have been doing on the internet and shut down all windows on my computer other than the one with the adobe website in it.  I agree to the terms.  I click the bar at the top to run the active x thing.  It appears to be loading and I look for the video to start.  Then the place where the video should be goes away and it says off to the right that everything installed properly, but I don't get the confirming video.  So then I get everything back up and running and go to one of the websites that require flash and I get the same stupid error message saying I need to update.  I seem to recall this very same problem happening the last time flash moved to a new version.  I couldn't get it to install.  I couldn't get any of the helps in the help files to work for me.  So I blew it off and waited a while.  Eventually, the error messages went away and videos and things started running again.  So I'm trying to be patient thinking that eventually Adobe and Microsoft stars will all align and my life will function properly again, but I'm running out of patience.  I'm not able to view some of the photos I need to view to get my work done.  I'm not able to register my tasks as having been completed in another area.  There are tons of things I need to get done and I just need the silly program to load.  I don't have a few weeks left to wait for this to get worked out!  It's already been going on a couple of weeks already.  Why is this so impossible!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted a set of instructions in other recent posts, which seem to have fixed the problem for several users.

Try the following

If you are using Internet Explorer, and Flash Player will still not install, try starting IE in Safe Mode as follows, and try the install from there

Start -> Run -> type iexplore -extoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That finally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines