• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL FLASH PLAYER FOR A MONTH!!!!

New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't mean this post to sound like a complaint and I don't want to write an essay either.

It genuinly is a request for some help.

First of all:

I used to have Flashplayer (which Flashplayer I don't know) but it worked fine. All of a sudden everywhere I went started asking me to install the latest version of Flash Player. This includes the BBC, Youtube and just about any website which was offering video - most of them (like Adobe) pretty much household names in the twenty first century. Quite clearly Adobe is BIG! Even the BBC can't operate without Adobe!

It has got to the point where I expect bus inspectors to jump out on the 192 to manchester and tell me that I can't board the bus without the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. In fact, as finding out how to install it is becoming a full time job I'm dreaming about Adobe at night and thinking about it every waking hour. I imagine that when this new version of Flash Player is finally installed it will blow my mind??

Okay so I am joking (a little). But honestly, this issue has wasted hours and hours of my time and been made worse by an Adobe website which is like a conundrum of merrygorounds. Nothing is clear and nothing seems to link to where it says it will - if it does it goes about the houses back to the beginning. I just spend half an hour (starting at the start page linked to by the BBC) from changing United States to United Kingdom / selecting Support then going through about four or five more pages looking for this support only to discover I had been led back to the beginning to change United States to United Kingdom again. I know I'm right on this matter because in the ADOBE adventure of the last month I've actually found the troubleshooting pages for Flash Player on a number of occasions (equally as madly but by different routes).

I am not a computer programer, I am a website software user. I'm currently building a site with over 1000 pages of different interlinked themes for a not for profit organisation- This still has many many mistakes but despite not getting paid a penny for it - its easier to use and understand than Adobe's - thus my USERNAME.

YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR LINKING SYSTEMS! Because getting help from a leading international software manufacturer for a product which is advertised as FREE but is ESSENTIAL for viewing active content on just about every legitimate site on the World Wide Web must be frustrating thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Adobe users. In the end it won't be good for business!

I have been trying to install FlashPlayer 10

I have uninstalled previous AdobeFP  installations, Java set to allow. Permissions in registry okay.

I identified my problem through your troubleshooting page as 'FP installs  okay (according to some half visible writing in a little box to the right of the screen) but still won't play.  Incidentally, despite this half visible writing claiming I have successfully installed FP - the flash movie doesn't play and there is no text below it - as the dialogue suggests would appear.

Nothing WAS wrong with my registry unless the abortive attempts to install FP has corrupted them.

I have read document kb400116 (and others) and followed them to the letter.

I am using IE7 on WXP Home and McAffee Home security (nothing to do with them either).

I strongly believe (by reading through some posts on here) that the problem DOES lie with ADOBE!

Does anyone have any suggestions or should I stop paying my BBC licence?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

I have not read all you wrote, so I may have missed some points. As I understand it, you installed FP 10 on IE7, but it won't play any Flash content?

Try this

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally again, ADOBE are probably totally clueless as to how many people are actually having a problem with FP because the only way to count as a statistic is to persist in the merrygoround website chasing ghosts until you find this forum - and then despite having over 40gb of space, adequate RAM, fast broadband speed and a thoroghly defragged PC it is frustratingly slow to use.

During the Adobe adventure the last month I seem to recall seeing options somewhere for actual email support for FP but finding them again is like looking for a peanut on the floor as you spin around on the waltzas at the fairground - especially if you're British when the computer wants you to be American.

I'm sorry guys but if you knew how much trouble this has caused me.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not read all you wrote, so I may have missed some points. As I understand it, you installed FP 10 on IE7, but it won't play any Flash content?

Try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat

You are the best! Just what I WANTed! True Viking!

Why can Adobe not write what you wrote on the get.flash.com page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Why can Adobe not write what you wrote on the get.flash.com page?

There are various problems, and various solutions when an FP install fails. They cannot put all the solutions on the download page, as it would confuse the hell out of the average FP user.

And although we find hundreds of problems here at this forum, out of the millions who installed it without any problem, this is really a very small number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

Well thanks anyway.

Incidentally, in case your interested and didn't know - your surname roughly translated from old norse/danish/swedish = 'the desires'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- I have a brand new laptop with Vista. My new computer worked great on Adobe for my documents and such, but I could not send

fillable data sheets in adobe via various websites like I could with my old computer. I loaded Adobe 9, but it did not solve my problem. I keep attempting to load Flash Player 10, but when I get to the site to download, it keeps saying that I need flash to download..?????  I found a link to install Flash Player AX and saved the zip file on my desktop and after a very fast download, it says it installed successfully, but I still cannot use flash, even after a restart. I went into tools, internet options, security and set all my permissions and active x items to exactly what was said on the Adobe site. I STILL do not have Flash Player. I NEED this for my Real Estate business ASAP. ANY suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reading this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431156?tstart=0 and this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/430948?tstart=0   For the users who read this, try reading all of it if you can. It will teach you a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lanakivee

Try this it worked for me Pat Willener gave it to me off the site :

Try this

• download the FP uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

• close all browser windows, then run the uninstaller

• download the offline ActivX installer for Internet Explorer from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

• close all browser windows, then run the installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines