• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing debug version of Flash Player

Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to install the debug version of Flash Player as a browser plugin. My problem is, that I can't even find a download link. A version for Chrome or IE 9 would be best, but if there isn't a debug player for those, I'd install another browser.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but that's the link I alway get to, when trying to find the debug player. If I click "Get the latest version" I only get the normal player, without debug functionality. If I click Download the Windows Flash Player 11.3 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) then it tells me, that I'm trying to install a version, that is not up to date. And if I click Download the Windows Flash Player 11.3 Projector content debugger then I get a standalone version, that isn't used as a browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do uninstall the non-debug version first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I've never had to uninstall the previous Flash player debugger for IE when upgrading.  Even so, even after uninstalling my existing IE ActiveX, the latest ActiveX debugger that is available on the download page cannot be installed.  I am quite "dead in the water" right now.  I cannot debug my Flex app.  Please fix ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pauly W wrote:

the latest ActiveX debugger that is available on the download page cannot be installed.

What does this mean?  Can you give some details?  Install log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  I will post the install logs when I return to my office tomorrow where I'm forced to run XP SP3.  The installer had no problem on my home PC running Win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your system has non-debugger Flash Player 11.3.300.268 version installed.

Please check the existing version here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

If Yes, please uninstall the version: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Then proceed with the installation.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is more information regarding my problem.

I am running 32-bit Windows XP SP3.

I went to the "Find Version" website to ensure that the Flash player plugin for IE was uninstalled.  Here a screenshot:

Find Version Page.PNG

Then I went to the downloads page and downloaded the installer from the link labeled "Download the Windows Flash Player 11.3 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 9.37 MB)".  Here is a screenshot:

Download Page.PNG

Running the installer produces the following dialog:

Installation Error Message.PNG

Here are the log entries from today found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log":

?=O====== M/11.3.300.268 2012-08-08+13-50-28.322 ========

0000 00000010 "C:\Documents and Settings\pwillarson\My Documents\Downloads\flashplayer_11_ax_debug (5).exe"

0001 00001013

=X====== M/11.3.300.268 2012-08-08+13-56-56.047 ========

?=O====== M/11.3.300.268 2012-08-08+14-04-05.879 ========

0000 00000010 "C:\Documents and Settings\pwillarson\My Documents\Downloads\flashplayer_11_ax_debug (5).exe"

0001 00001013

=X====== M/11.3.300.268 2012-08-08+14-05-10.597 ========

If there's any other information I can provide, please let me know.

Thanks.

- Paul W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a quick test:

• run the uninstaller (uninstall_flash_player.exe) 11.3.300.270 - successful
  • run the installer (flashplayer_11_plugin_debug.exe) 11.3.300.268 - successful
  • run the installer (flashplayer_11_ax_debug.exe) 11.3.300.269 - successful

I don't know why you get that error.  Can you try to temporarily disconnect from the Internet while you run the installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, first I edited my hosts file so that adobe.com and www.adobe.com were pointed at the loopback address.  The error still occurred.  Then I ran Charles to see what HTTP requests the installer was making, which surprisingly was none.  So I'm not sure what the heck is happening on my system.  Like I said, at home I run Win7 and it doesn't happen.  I'm not the only one this is happening to either, as you can see by Lisa Florian's reply earlier in this thread.

I'll try a few different things later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Here is how I solved it:

I had a fresh Windows 7 with Adobe Flash (release) installed.

I uninstalled it, no problem was issued.

On the page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html nothing was displayed => flash was uninstalled

Installing either Flash 11.3 or 10.3 in debug version issued the same security error as described in this thread.

I installed and ran the flash uninstaller pointed by Sunil (message 7) http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows. html

Once I did that, I was able to successfully install the debug version of the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  This worked.  I had no idea there was a difference between uninstalling through the "Add/Remove Programs" tool in Windows and using this uninstaller executable.  I appreciate the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines