• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Flash player crashes all browsers

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past few days Flash Player has crashed all the major browsers, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome.  Windows XP 64-bit.  If you want to witness the problem, go to http://www.canaan.jp/ and wait a few moments.  I have sent in as many crash reports as the browsers were able to generate.  I have also read so many entries in other forums that this problem is epidemic.  You are probably already nearly panicking over it, and well you should.  Your monopoly on streaming data is threatening to come crashing down around your ears.  You'd better fix it quick or become accustomed to the sound of peasants banging their pitchforks against the gates and howling for your heads.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 123 Replies 123
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the crashes intermittently. See earlier post. I have W7 and only 4GB. Still no word or interest from Adobe on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system I have that is crashing is Windows XP 32bit, with 2 GB of Ram.  The stable one is Win7 64bit, with 6GB of Ram.

Go figure, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After those crashes I did not try to see if it is still crashing because I,m using Opera and it works without any problem.But I just want to tell you something.I asked my friend who is also a flash teacher.(he teaches How to make websites with Flash).He said, "this is a bug with flash players.If you use it for a long time like for 2 or 3 hours it makes your computer crash.This is a bug and it happens on every OS specifically on 64bit Operation Systems.Flash is a software that is really dependent on memory addressing and Processor cache"

In the next post I,ll try to uninstall all flash player components from my computer and reinstall it to tell you guys how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any issues at all playing vid in browsers since my fix.  I'm running win7 home premium 64 bit, 4gb ram.  started happening after I upgraded and banged my head for a week or so until I fixed it finally.  All that I simply did was run msconfig, hide microsoft services, disable all services and startup, and restart, my probs were fixed.  Before I did that I reset browser by going run/inetcpl.cpl or tools/internet options and go advanced tab and click reset.  it reset all addons when I did that as well.  At any rate, restarted, haven't had a problem since.  Course, afterwards, I've systematically by process of elimination went back into msconfig and allowed programs that I need to run, one or a few at a time in order to keep the control for testing purposes.  Programs such as antivirus and other important tools that I like to run at startup I have allowed.  Haven't had a problem to date since.  All should try, and If it doesn't work for you, just go back to msconfig and enable all....reverse it.

At least one thing this tells me, and should probs fix most of everyone's issues in this blog.  It tells me that I had a conflict with a statup process or program....NOT Microsoft process or program because I hid those before I disabled all.  It's not my antivirus because I've reenabled.  I haven't narrowed it down yet, but again I haven't tried either, my problem is fixed so I'm good, but I imagine whenever I run the program that disables it, I'll know and post in here as well.  Maybe if all does this then you'll quit banging your head over this issue and go wow so easy.  At any rate, all fixed on my end... any questions just ask.  later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know if this might be any help, but Ive been having good luck

installing flash in the protected mode of windows as admin. Might work

for some machines, it fired up in firefox, but opera was spotty, some

worke some didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, nothing has worked. Lets face it we are at the mercy of Adobe... Too bad they are turning their heads on this one, it should be top priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chime in, I am having this exact problem as well on a clients computer.  Works fine for a while, then Flash causes a crash.  Not jst the browser, blue screens the whole blasted computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player (v.10.0 and below) comes into collision with graphic card (especially Radeon), and that fact is a result of a most described problems.It's a classic issue about incompatibility between the software and hardware.You shoud try a new prerelease 10.1 ( http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html ) or update graphic card driver or change graphic card itself.How many of you have the ATI Radeon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Intel GMA X3100 that came with my macbook.  It's worked fine for the past year, and I had not performed any updates for at least a few days before this problem started.  Also, when I try watching Flash videos using Windows 7 on the same computer, it works fine.  Not sure if that's relevant.

Does anyone know if Flash Player uses any files that are already on your computer before it's installed?  Since reinstalling Flash Player has no effect, it seems to me that the problem might be that a file that the installer doesn't touch has become corrupted.  I ran a virus scan after the problem showed up and got nothing, so if this is caused by a virus it's one new enough that my scanner can't find it, although I haven't updated it in a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here with Mac OS X 10.6.2. The pre-release Flash update didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Not sure if this is gonna work for anyone else, I've been dealing with this issue about a week and a half, tryng everything from restoring all browser settings, uninstall, reinstall, etc..etc, even restoring win7, nothing was a permanent fix.  I thought this morning, why don't I try msconfig and modify startup and processes and see if that works. Lo and behold, i've been watching videos all day.  I went to msconfig and hid MS services then disabled all.  Did the same on startup.  Restarted and flash works great.  What does that tell me (for my system), that flash conflicts with another service or program that starts on my system.  Now I need to systematically enable services and startup programs in order to pinpoint this issue.  I'd be willing to bet that most peeps with this issue will find that this solves thier issue.  I use symantec endpoint protection with triple threat protection, reenabled it, it wasn't stopping the flash, so it's a work in progress here, but my flash works perfectly now...go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar problem, only I'm using Mac OS 10.5.8.  Safari 4.0.4, Opera 10.01, and Firefox 3.0.12, 3.0.15, and 3.5.5 all freeze within 5 seconds of seeing almost anything Flash.  The only exception I've found is Youtube videos, however the main Youtube page will still kill any browser.  The only work around I've found is to remove the Flash plugin from my plugins folder, which tells me the problem is at least related to Flash player since that's the only plugin I have to remove.  Another oddity about this is that it occured while I was in the middle of watching a video on crunchyroll.com using Opera.  The video stopped playing, and when I reloaded the page Opera froze.  I immediatly tried it in Safari, and it froze too.  I have tried reinstalling Flash player several times, tried every version of Flash 10, a few versions of Flash 9, and for the heck of it, 2 versions of Flash 7.  they all either froze the browser or were too old to play the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I had the same problem in a new computer (sony vaio) (crash with IE and FF).

I followed the Windows Vista solution about the crash:

Address a problem with your computer

This problem was caused by a known issue with a file on your computer that supports the capability of sharing your webcam over a Bluetooth wireless connection. The problem occurs when Adobe Flash attempts to access the webcam.

Sony Corporation is aware of the problem and is working as quickly as possible to make a solution available.

Until a permanent solution is available, you can prevent this problem from occurring again by renaming the file that caused the problem.

Note
The following procedure will disable the capability of sharing your webcam over a Bluetooth wireless connection, but it should not disturb any other webcam or Bluetooth capabilities.

Here's how to rename the file:

1.      Click the Start button , and then, in the Search box, type BtwVdpCapFilter.dll.

2.      In the list of results, right-click BtwVdpCapFilter.dll, and then click Open file location.

3.      In the window that opens, right-click BtwVdpCapFilter.dll, click Rename, type a new name for the file (such as BtwVdpCapFilterTEMP), and then press ENTER.

4.      Restart your computer for the change to take effect.

For more information, go online to the Sony Vaio forum discussion that addresses this problem:

Click to go online to the Sony Corporation website

These instructions works for my computer.

I'll hope this works for another computers.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar problem but I have found when I uninstall AVG, adobe flash player works fine so I really have no clue what is going on and how to fix it so that I can still use AVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2009 Nov 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to bump this as yet another person who is finding Adobe Flash Player to be the biggest pain in the butt ever. I can't believe Adobe isn't speaking on this, it's obviously a HUGE problem at this point! I had Vista 64 bit and I was able to use IE just before the update to 8 to go to sites using Flash, like youtube, songza, anything. It worked for a very short time with Firefox, but now Firefox just crashes. Now I am using Windows 7 64 bit and IE8 and Flash just doesn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all the suggestions here. It just doesn't work. Like someone said, we are at Adobe's mercy unless someone else can come along and fix this problem before them. And having to delete registry keys all the time isn't a "solution" as much as it is just another pain in the butt. Adobe needs to do something about this, I'm pissed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get a partial fix by installing the Flash Player 10.1 open beta here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html.  It still has some bugs in it so I usually open a different browser for doing anything with flash, but at least it works some of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lIKE TAKES US TO THE OLD, NON-BETA 10.0.32.18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you meant to say "LINK TAKES US TO THE OLD, NON-BETA 10.0.32.18", not "lIKE TAKES US TO THE OLD, NON-BETA 10.0.32.18"

Every time I click the link, it takes me to 10.1.  If something weird is going on and some people are sent to the current version of Flash, you can get to 10.1 by going to adobe.com, clicking the Comunities link at the top of the page, clicking the developers link on the page that takes you to, and you should see a link to the Flash Player 10.1 page somewhere on that page, probably on the left side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link worked fine for me, took me straight to the 10.1 download page every time, on 2 computers.  Using 10.1 didn't help the problem, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2009 Nov 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found 10.1 but its still broke. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DIDNT HELP THE YOUTUBE PROBLEM ONE BIT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is no longer crashing on my computer.  I am at this moment running multiple videos in multiple tabs in multiple browsers, any of which one single instance would have crashed my browser or computer several days ago.

I replaced the motherboard.

The previous was an ASUS M2N-E with nVIDEA nForce 570 Ultra MCP northbridge and Award BIOS.  During a two week period, programs failed, starting with Flash and degenerating to all programs, and then finally to not posting at all after swapping out the CPU.  On removing the motherboard I discovered one of the power regulators had burned out, to the point where it had started to melt through the PCB before failing completely.

The new motherboard is a DFI LANParty DK 790FX-M2RS with AMD 790FX northbridge, SB600 southbridge, and Phoenix BIOS.  The new board is much faster than the old in several ways, including memory bus and CPU type.  I am using every bit of other hardware that was mounted on the old motherboard.  Nothing else was replaced, except for the drive cables, as I used the new round cables that came with the new board.

It's been running for three days without a hitch.  I can't speak for everyone, but I suspect power fluctuations were the main cause of the software failures before the board gave out completely.  Flash Player may be very susceptible to timing problems that result from minor power fluctuations.  Everyone having problems may want to check the steadiness of the power coming from the mains, and also check the power levels from the computer power supply.  I suspect some may find the problem is not software but hardware related.

Others may be having a legitimate problem with Flash Player itself.  I am leaving this topic unanswered for their sake.  Such problems still need to be addressed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a problem with your power supply.

My client and I have the exact same motherboard.  I'm checking now to see if anything is hot to the touch. 

And, sure enough one of the chips on the mobo is hot enough to scald my fingertip.  The client is purchasing a new power supply through Newegg. Once it arrives I'll update y'all if it works or not.

Nothing else has helped the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DUDE!   Its not just firefox its every browser.

Full Format x2 - nothing, same crashes

Reinstall windows vista 64 x2 - nothing, same crashes

Bought new hard drive, fresh install vista 64 - nothing, same crashes

Updated everything, bios, video,sound,browsers,everything and i mean everything. NADA!

And for those who have referred to microsoft thinking its a faulty something on the mobo here is something.

This has just recently started to happen to me, last few months, never had a problem running flash on youtube or

any other flash imbedded site, mind you I have also been using justin.tv alot recently <shrugs>

Whatever the cause i am quite certain it is not anything hardware related on my end as the amount of testimonials

from others related to the same problem seems to show.

So once again, this is flash related and flash only related, not if and or but of updating browsers as I have all of

them and updated.

Badabing Badabang!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the following on my end:

• Installing the latest version of everything (drivers, browsers, Flash, etc) does not fix the problem
  • Installing only releases that were available 6 months ago also does nothing to fix the problem. 
  • Installing beta versions of everything available does not fix the problem.

If the problem is hardware related, it would be causing a lot more than just flash to go boom.  Gamers would be likely among the first people hit, and all seems quiet with them.  Unless there is a piece of hardware in the machine that Flash, and only Flash, affects.  To be honest I have no idea what Flash does at the hardware level, except access the sound and webcam data.

I have a hunch that it is going to be related somehow to the webcam access, like a buffer overrun or stack overflow.  But that's just idle speculation born of frustration on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines