• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac installation says Safari is open, but it is not.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPBr

OSX 10.8.3

Adobe Flash Player Version 11.7.700.169

Tried to install newest version of flash player when prompted.

Flash installer says that Safari is open and it can not continue, so I check my tasks and Safari is not open. I open safari and then close it with CMD+Q to ensure all instances are closed. This does not work.

Restart my computer to ensure that safari isn't open. Attempt installation again with fresh restart. Flash installer says that Safari is open and it can not continue.

Can not install newest version of Flash, nor can I locate information pertaining to this issue.

Any help is appreciated (assuming that it's not a problem with the latest installer which will be remedied shortly).

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

@Mike M - Agreed!

Note: Before using my method above, Safari was completely shut down and was not "lit".  Users should definitely check to ensure Safari is completely closed, before taking further measures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, so much knowledge flowing in this thread   I appreciate all the information.  Thank you!

I thought I'd share my experience with "safari is open"...I tried the activity log in utilities, and forced quit anything that said safari on it (because I don't use safari)...still got the same message "safari is open".  I quit any and all applications I had opened, except for Skype, and still got the same message, so...I quit Skype...and there it was..."successful download"   I'm not too tech savy, but I was just happy to have it successfully download.  I'm sharing my amateur experience only because it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines