Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My application does not work anymore with last Flash Player update :(

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Flash SWF files are not loaded anymore in my VB .NET application (I use the Flash32_20_0_0_267.ocx file in my project). These files are located on a web server. This application (HC-SKIPPER) is well known in France. Some of my clients are writing to me because they can not use it anymore.

If I right click on the flash object it says that the movie is not loaded.

Would it be possible to cancel this last update until it is fixed ? Any idea on when it will be fixed ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,

lagommette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are looking into this bug. Will update you soon.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Regards,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Downgrading the flash Player to an older version is not recommended since the older version may contain security vulnerabilities.

But if you need to install to older version to verify your application, below link can help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html‌

PS: Flash player for IE/Edge for Windows 8 and above is provided by Microsoft updates and hence cannot be downgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The older version may contain security vulnerabilities but it works. I think you should go back to the earlier version because we may both loose clients

Thanks for your quick reply anyway !

Regards,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. All applications using the active-x control showing only a black screen. With older versions all things work fine.

But using an older version is for many of our customers not suitable, because of security vulnerabilities. So we need another solution to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this problem,  It appears to be limited to .Net applications.  It is just a blank screen where the flash movie should be.  They work fine in any browser.  The behavior is the same in 32 bit or 64 bit.  I wrote the simplest possible .Net application that displays a Flash movie and it reproduces the exact same broken behavior.

I hope Adobe provides a fix for this ASAP.  We have thousands of clients who are being affected by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you've encountered this problem with our latest release. Please see this thread for our current status and future updates:

Flash Player 20.0.0.267 - ActiveX Embedding Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2015 Dec 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

If you need some help to beta test, do not hesitate to contact me. I'll do my best.

Good luck to you on this one.

Regards,

Nicolas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines