• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to install Flash Player.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2011 Nov 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mi problema surgió al actualizar el Flash Player, lo que sucedió es que no me funcionaban algunos reproductores de internet, entonces trate de desinstalar manualmente y volver a instalar, pero lo que pasa es que cada vez que abro el archivo de instalación no pasa nada, me aparece el proceso en el administrador de tareas pero no veo la instalación y no puedo instalarlo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get  it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fede.T wrote:

I don't get  it

OK, I'll try to explain.

If you have several sites open and then decide to view a video somewhere, but due to a problem with it, it crashes, without the plugin_container.exe process running, the whole browser would crash. The plugin_container runs like a kind of sandbox if you like which isolates a video from the rest of the browser so that if it crashes, you can still carry on using Firefox. So if you end task on that process, then videos can no longer play.

By the way, you should update Flash to the latest version which is 11.1.102.55, download from: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ The version you're using at the moment is a security risk and exposes your PC to attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but how can I play transformice.com and watch videos on Justin.TV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fede.T wrote:

Waiting.

Can you have a look at this article please: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Flash_player_not_working_on_certain_websites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the problem is because I don't have installed the ActiveX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fede.T wrote:

Maybe the problem is because I don't have installed the ActiveX?

No. ActiveX is a Microsoft technology and not supported in Firefox. You only need the ActiveX version if you use Internet Explorer.

Could you try starting Firefox in Safe Mode and see if that makes any difference. To do that, click "Help", then "Restart with add-ons disabled". Firefox will close and then you'll see a menu. Don't checkmark any of the boxes; just click the button called "Continue in Safe Mode". Firefox will subsequently restart with all your add-ons disabled.

Next, go to both sites and see if it makes any difference. If the videos play properly, then one of your Add-ons is causing the problem. What you would need to do in that particular case is to repeat the same steps, then when you see the menu, checkmark the top option called "Disable all add-ons". After Firefox restarts, start re-enabling your add-ons one-by-one until the problem recurs. Then you'll know which one it is which is causing the problem.

By the way, there's a standalone version of Transformice you can download from here: http://forums.transformice.com/showthread.php?t=2307 "Standalone' means you don't need an Internet connection to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started Firefox in Safe mode but there is still the problem.

I tried on Google Chrome and the same problem

I tried with Opera and the same problem

I tried to play transformice from the Standalone and the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purely to eliminate some rogue application or something on your system from the equation, could you please download the free version of Malwarebytes from here and then do a full system scan: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it, and still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a parent who may have installed filtering software and has blocked those two sites to prevent you from accessing them? Maybe you're of school age and spend too much time on the PC instead of doing your homework for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, there isn't a filter, I think it's a problem of Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fede.T wrote:

Nope, there isn't a filter, I think it's a problem of Adobe...

It wouldn't necessarily be visible to you. This one for example doesn't reveal any monitoring: http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

I doubt if Adobe is at fault because if it was, then many more users would be experiencing the same problem as you. But as you can see from the following screenshot, I can play Transformice without a problem. Incidentally, it reminds me a bit of an old game I used to play called "Lemmings".

transformice.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines