• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with sound after update

Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

After update to 11.3 I have no bass sound in subwoofer in Firefox browser (youtube). I uninstall the newest version and install previous (11.2) and bass plays ok.

My os: Windows 7 x64. Sound card Creative X-fi.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Protected Mode made no difference for me - still no sound. (I've enabled it again now).

The HTML5 test at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&html5=True works great, sound is there.

I just realised that my IE9 is still running Flash 11.2, which explains why I still have sound there but not in Firefox. I'm not gonna update Flash in IE until this bug is fixed though.

Incidentally, why is it that the Flash updater only updates one browser (Firefox) and not the other? Wouldn't it be nicer and more convenient to have a single updater that updates both browsers at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with Firefox 13. In addition, had a BSOD this morning related to my sound driver.  Downloaded/installed the latest driver from Dell (which was the driver I already had), but I expect this will continue as often as I try to use this latest version of Flash.

Windows XP SP3

3GB RAM

BSOD points to sthda.sys as the faulting module.

As this latest version of Flash patches some pretty serious security flaws, rather than roll back to an old version and put my computer at risk, I'm going to uninstall Flash completely and monitor the boards for a patch or updated version that fixes the obvious problems with this version of Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Both with Firefox and Chrome the audio is full of crackling noise and distortions.

Will like to go back to the previous working version of 11.2 as suggested here but unable to find the link. Can someone please point me to the link to download 11.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash 11.2 can be downloaded from <link removed>. I've just reinstalled it from there and it works fine - now I have audio working perfectly again!!

You'll need to uninstall 11.3 first from the "Programs" app in your Windows Control Panel, before installing 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuttgart,

I added a FAQ that describes the rollback process with links to past versions hosts at adobe.com last night.  Please feel free to pass this link along.  If you see anything missing, please let me know.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks StuttgartKiwi1, after downgrading to 11.2 it works just fine.

Chris, I've added a new bug with my dxdiag report: 3213587.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for trying the tests out.  It's clear that Flash Player 11.3 has an issue with certain audio configurations.  To help us reproduce this problem, please take a minute and add your dxdiag report to either a new bug or one of the existing audio bugs.  Having this information, along with comments that include specific URL's that demonstrate the problem will be critical for us to fix these issues.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3211059

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3211050

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3210970

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grahamfinch - Thanks for the report.  Could you also attach a copy of your system's dxdiag report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, dxdiag report added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update.  The video / audio team is still hard at work trying to fix the audio problems introduced in 11.3.  Would anyone in this thread be willing to test a build of Flash Player that contains a few changes and additional debug logging functionality?  If so, please contact me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I have been going nuts myself over the past couple of days, uninstalling, re-installing restarting computer many times over. With the 11.3.300.257 I was getting video but no sound. Being technically challenge I didnt know what was going on; was my virus protection causing a problem, some setting that was wrong on my computer, so on and so on. Anyway, my system is Windows Vista 32 bit, Internet Explorer 9.

With the latest flash player installed, 11.3.300.257, I ran your test and got sound on the HTM25 Audio Test and no sound on the Flash Player Test.

I followed the instuction on un-installing the 11.3.300.257 version and re-installed the 10.3 version of Flash Player. Once I got the 10.3 verion installed I am able again to view and hear video of all types. Now I feel better knowing my computer is not at fault.

I am not able to send you a Bug Report because as my screen name implies, I am actually technically challenged. I will upgrade to the latest version when the bugs are worked out.

Thanks for you help in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Flash 11.3 I did not have sound in Firefox, Chrome or Safari.  I think I have determined that the source of this problem was a conflict between Flash 11.3 and my sound card, which is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

I have started a new thread with details of my experience and to specifically find out what role sound cards might have in causing problems with Flash Player 11.3.

If you are using a sound card and are having problems with Flash 11.3 please go there and post your information:

No sound with Flash 11.3 - Sound card conflict?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4501371#4501371

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just seen that Flash Player 11.3.300.262 (a new version) has been released today. Is this new version supposed to fix this audio bug we're experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded Flash Player to 11.3.300.262. Problem with sound (no bass) still is.

Update:

I found and used Adobe Flash player uninstaller to delete previous version. After that  I install the newest. Sound works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem that I, and a number of others on this page, have had with 11.3, has been no sound at all whatsoever. I'd like to know if this has been fixed with the new release. I'm hoping so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked better and thought that sound plays ok, but not all video only in html5 works correctly, in flash still no bass. I have to return to 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the current update: Flash Player 11.3 Status Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe another incarnation: Sound Problems with Flash 11.3 in terminal sessions. The symptoms are not exactly as descibed by others above, but since this thread seems to collect general issues with sound playback in 11.3, here we go:

Test machine ist Windows Server 2003 EE with XenApp 5. Browsers are Mozilla Firefox 13.0.1 and IE 8.
Flash Player 11.3.300.262 Plugin und 11.3.300.257 Ax.
Videos start playing in both browsers. After about 1:10 minutes the sound suddenly 'hangs'. The last 1/2 second is repeated endlessly. The video image just continues to play.

The error definitely starts with Flash 11.3. With Fallback to 11.2 the issue is fixed, but for security considerations this can't be a solution.
Videos can be played offline without problems, such as via the VLC. Even via HTML5 in Firefox everything works fine. So the Flash plug-in seems to be the cause or at least the trigger.

Other settings we tested without success:
- Switching off the hardware acceleration in Flash
- Turn off the hardware acceleration in Firefox
- mms.cfg: Protected Mode = 0

(sorry for my english, it's just Google Translator  )

Edit: By limiting the client audio bandwith in Citrix session settings the problem gets worse, e .g the sound 'hangs' from the beginning of the clip. In Citrix terminal sessions the audio format (not to mention a hardware sample rate) is not directly selectable. We enforce a "high quality" client profile by policy and that worked just fine - until 11.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done my head in this has!

Sometimes sound does actually comes through using youtube.I've reinstalled sound card even knowing it's working for sounds on the pc itself.

Reinstalled latest flash still the same including a system restore late last night and now uninstalled flash and it works fine again - so it's back using an old version.

I've pretty much tried all other things posted here and elsewhere so await a fix.

Creative SB Audigy sound card and Vista 32bit on the pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are willing to test a new version of Flash Player that we believe fixes these audio issues, please see this post for details: Flash Player 11.3 Status Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines