• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Flashplayer 10.1 and what I have done

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the newest Flashplayer and from that point on have had nothing but headaches.

I have done the following to fix it:

1.  Uninstalled all versions of Flashplayer and then reinstalled 10.1

2. Deaccelerated the hardware from the flash player box

3. Made sure that third party cookies/whatnot are enabled.

4. Made sure that I have the latest Video driver for my PC

5. Tried going back to the FP 9 with no sucess. Same problem occurs + it makes me update to 10.1 as soon as I go to any site that uses it.

I am using the very latest Mozilla Firefox Version.

What more can I do?  I'm at wits end.  I can't play any of my Facebook apps as it constantly crashes the Flash player.

Edit to add the following:

I am using Windows XP Home.  My pc uses 32 bit.  I am using Firefox 3.6.4

I have also tried using IE 8 and Chrome with no success with the flashplayer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, I understand what you are saying about the PDF & Flash Content. But from everything I read, it was not that cut and dried. Symantec advised on that day of the 0 day attack that there were several ways an attack could take place.

Receiving an email with a malicious PDF attachment, or a link to the malicious PDF file or a website even with the malicious SWF embedded in malicious HTML code. Also when surfing the web, and come across a malicious PDF or SWF file.

They also confirmed that the attack involved Trojan.Pidief.J, which was a PDF file that drops a back door Trojan onto the

compromised computer if an affected product was already installed. Then some other malicious actions.

Also Reader and Acrobat aren't patched yet. Adobe said they weren't putting out a patch for those until June 29, 2010.

There were workarounds for those however. That was a scary day! I remember and you probably do too when Java had their update 19 issue.

It is hard to keep up with everything going on that is for sure.

I hope we'll be seeing some improvement in the issues that are in 10.1.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines