Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe Issues with Firefox and Flash

Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Approximately 2 weeks ago, I started having issues with sandbox games, Flash Player, and Firefox. 

The first problem I encountered was the inability to use my mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

As of yesterday, games have become completely unplayable.  They slow down to the point of freezing solid, and I must use Task Manager to get out of it.

I tried multiple Firefox based browsers, all with the same results.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash Player, this did not help.

I also tried Chrome, but Pepperflash has always been unbearable.  For Chrome, I uninstalled Chrome entirely, then reinstalled it, and this did not help.

I "refreshed Firefox" in the troubleshooting guide - and this helped for a while, but the issue immediately returned after closing and reopening the browser.

I do not know why.  I have not changed anything.  The only thing I do with this computer is Flash gaming.  I have no other addons or plugins besides ABP (for blocking ads).

I have contacted the game companies, I have googled extensively, and after posting this I plan to contact Mozilla as well.

Something is wrong.  I am not alone here.  I frequent a gaming forum where players are telling me they have these same issues.

I do not know where the problem is, but I don't know what else to do but tell people it's an issue, and hope it gets fixed.  So here I am.

I do have a low end PC - 4Gigs of ram, 1.99Ghz Quad-Core processor, windows 8.1; but it mostly worked fine on Tuesday (just the zooming issue).

I will try any troubleshooting steps you give me that I have not already tried.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

We are a developer of Flash games on Facebook and I can confirm that there is an issue with the current version of Firefox. It seems that Mozilla has pushed an update that enables the asynchronous rendering on plugins [1]. This apparently changes how the mouse wheel interacts with the plugin and basically all Flash games that include the MouseWheelTrap or some derived version of it would require an update for the mouse wheel to continue to work.

We also receive a lot of user complaints that the g

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved here from RoboHelp FlashHelp forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a developer of Flash games on Facebook and I can confirm that there is an issue with the current version of Firefox. It seems that Mozilla has pushed an update that enables the asynchronous rendering on plugins [1]. This apparently changes how the mouse wheel interacts with the plugin and basically all Flash games that include the MouseWheelTrap or some derived version of it would require an update for the mouse wheel to continue to work.

We also receive a lot of user complaints that the game does no longer render correctly in Firefox 32 Bits (Firefox 64 Bits has/had a known issue with Stage3D anyway) and crashes when Stage3D content is rendered. At least for some users we were able to identify the problem with a starling exception ArgumentError: Error #3672

I assume the change also affects available GPU resources, so some users will see crashes where it used to work before.

Possible workaround: In Firefox, enter about:config in the address bar and hit Enter. Search for dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled and change the value from true to false, then reload the Flash page. This will disable asynchronous rendering and the game should work as before. I assume this is fix will be only available temporarily.

Is anyone at Adobe aware of these problems and tracking them?

[1]: Firefox 49: two new system add-ons to fix Flash and graphics issues - gHacks Tech News

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: There is a specific bug report here: 1311990 – Multiple issues in Farmville 2 due to dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled in FF 49.0.2

There are a bunch of more bugs bundled in this thread, many of them relate to the current situation: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1229961

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the similar issue with flash player when using firefox and safari when playing the game farmville on Facebook.  When playing the game it won't allow you to point your mouse on your farm and move the farm to a different location(i.e. right, left,forward or backwards). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Solution to your Problem is undoubtedly, Upgrade.  Upgrade = $pend Money.  Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Dr. Robert A. Novy _or_ Bob
A Resurrected One

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines