• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Keeps Crashing in Google Chrome

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Google Chrome I keep receiving the message "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash. Do you want it to stop running?"

What can I do to resolve the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that did it!  Holy cow!  That was all it took?  Thank you sooooooooooooo much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some of the methods by which Shockwave Flash Keeps Crashing in Google Chrome can be stop: • Go to the chrome://plugins and check “Always Allowed” under the Flash plugin (this is Chrome's built-in flash plugin, Pepperflash)

• • If you have more than one Flash plugin installed, please disable one version by going to  chrome://plugins,then click on the “Details” in the upper right corner, and “disable” under one of the two Flash plugins
  • • Then you need to load the content in Incognito mode (menu>new Incognito tab) to see if there is any improvement
  • • Then try to reset the Chrome browser settings
  • • If it does not work then try to disable the Pepper flash (built-in plugin) and enabling the standalone version of Adobe Flash.
  • • Then try out the hardware acceleration. Menu > Settings > go to Advanced Settings and look under 'System' for the options below, and uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem exists on all browsers as I use Firefox only as chrome causes changes to all most all apps at some time or another. The only one I cannot find help in fixing is this one. Happens with all videos. Sucks that these companies can take your money but cannot fix their responsibilities. Going to look for a fix again and fill a complaint with the better business bureau. I they get enough complaints and news coverage maybe they will conduct ethical business instead of telling people, "well you don't have to use it"; knowing full well you have to have the services. My advice is to complain to the local better business bureau and local news, the squeaky well gets the oil. May not get fixed but should make people think twice before buying ANY of their products as they have proven to be UN-ethical business people. Good luck to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that the bulk of this thread is from 2014 and the majority of the advice is related to NPAPI Flash Player in Chrome, which is no longer supported, I'm going to lock this thread.

There was a recent bug in Chrome, which significantly impacted Flash performance.  My understanding is that the issue has been resolved in current Chrome builds.

If you're having a problem still, the best path to a resolution is to provide a detailed description of the problem so that we can inspect it directly, on a comparable machine.  The long "me too" threads, particularly the ones that span years, are generally not actionable, which is why they continue to persist.  When we can have a direct dialog with an individual for troubleshooting, or where we can directly reproduce and inspect a problem, it typically gets resolved quickly and efficiently.  The exceptions are generally where we're running into real limits of underlying technologies in the operating system or parent browser (and in those cases, there's usually long-running behind the scenes work happening when the vendors in question are interested in working with us to address the limitations). 

In many of these kinds of threads, there's general confusion about the fact that a generic symptom (the slow script dialog, a crashed plug-in dialog, etc) doesn't necessarily represent a single, distinct problem.  When I start teasing these kinds of threads apart, I usually end up with a dozen distinct problems, most of which are related to drivers on the user's system and/or inefficient content. 

While we're genuinely interested in fixing issues and making the web better for everyone, we need detailed, actionable data in order to reproduce, investigate and resolve problems.

To that end, if you're having problems, feel free to mention me (type the at symbol and my name) in a forum post, and include the basic set of details describe here, and I'm more than happy to try and help:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines