• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound and video are choppy since installing Flash Player 11.3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem here!  Since I updated Adobe Flash Player 11.3, the audio and video are all choppy when I play Adobe Flash game apps in Facebook!  Even when I disabled hardware acceleration, the sound and video are STILL choppy!  Even I watch a YouTube video and the sound and video are a bit choppy!  There's DEFINITELY some sound issues in Flash Player 11.3!  I'm using Firefox 13 in Windows XP SP3.  I'm wondering if you have any answers for the sound issues in FP 11.3. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install flash player 10.3? I downloaded it but it's in a Win.Rar zip file. Not sure what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a post that contains the latest news on audio problems in 11.3: Flash Player 11.3 Audio Update

For rolling back to a previous version, please see this FAQ: How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player? (Updated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I used "IZArc", a type of zip software that unzips alot of different file formats. Install it, right click on .rar file, choose "extract here". I looked through the folders unzipped (not the "debug" folder) and clicked on the "flashplayer10_3r183_18_win" file that is listed by file type as "Windows Installer Package". It has a little icon of a little computer with a little cd disk.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since i upgraded to 11.3 i had nothing but trouble  with you tube vids and also playing zynga poker through facebook...using firefox....does not occur in ie8.......choppy sound and vids!!!!

reverted back to..10.3.183.20 version....

Problem Solved!!!!

Hope this solves your problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I solved my sound stammer, which affected only streaming like youtubr and Iplayer and did not affect media players from local files. It was a "hi-face" digital spdif usb dongle that had been altered (I didn't do it but it was straight after a Microsoft update) there's a mixer setting that was on when it should have been off. Problem disappeared and was obviously linked to this but I don't understand how. Meddle-soft also took it upon themselves to change all my audio file associations back to their media player, for which I;m eternally ungrateful.

des this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the pluggins and disable the BROWSER default flash app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this site by searching for a solution to my "choppy" audio problem  Evidently versions beyond 10.3 drop audio packets on old XP media machines with sp3.  I fixed mine and someone else's by rolling back to 10.3.  What a relief to have useable sound again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

What's up?

I have had choppy sound on Windows XP with Adobe Flash ever since Flash 11.  I don't want to downgrade to version 10 for security concerns.  I get the choppy sound whether on Firefox 22 (latest version) or IE 8 (Highest allowed for Windows XP.)  The sound is choppy when playing any streaming video on You Tube if I do either of the following:

1.) Adjust the volume control in the System Tray when playing a video.

2.) Use the Vertical Scrollbars in either Firefox or IE.

Adobe, please work on a patch to fix this!  A downgrade to Flash Player 10 is a workaround security risk and not a fix.  I don't know what the latest version is, but I hope that before Adobe gets to version 12 that this is resolved.

Sincerely,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went through an annoying password reset process to post on here, haha, I was experiencing this issue and managed to resolve it for a flash animation I was making that was going to be sent out; thus fixing it for myself wouldn't change things for others. I know this is old, but if anyone is in this position, I hope it helps.

I was using Swish Max for my scenario.

Under the Export Settings, I found that by default it was using SWF Version: SWF8 - when it had the option to go up to SWF10. I changed it to 10, and set the hardware acceleration to Level 1 - Direct.

I exported, and it still didn't work. The music was choppy as heck and terribly inconsistent with speed. I even created a preloader, which appeared to work but didn't resolve my issue.

FINALLY, I kept it at version 10, and found that it had an option that said "Preload Content: Disabled." I set that to "At Preload Frame" and though I had a loading animation setup to do the preloading, I still placed a preloadcontent keyframe at frame 1. Then I set Hardware acceleration to Level 2-GPU and exported.

IT WORKED. The terrible, seemingly non-fixable audio cracking lag was gone and it worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps someone, I originally found this when I was trying to find a fix for the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines