• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UpDated Flash Player last week doesn't work previous ver worked fine

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated last week when it prompted me to, now websites that i used to use will not work. it just gives me a blank area where the flash animation should be. I have figured out that it has something to do with my firewall. When i disable the firewall flash works with it running it doesn't. I have tested this with http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ . I don't understand why this ver is causing my firewall to block it. I have all the permission i need and the install was run as admin. I have tried reinstalls and using C/Windows/System32/Macromedia/Flash. I think i just need to change a setting on my firewall but i can't find where the addon is since i'm using firefox, i wish i never updated

setup: Vista Bus, Firefox, CA firewall, Flash Ver 10.0.22.87

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...I downloaded around noon today and have been trying to figure out all day what is going on.  You're situation sounds identical to mine.  I was going to play a game that I play regularly and I got in just fine this morning and then at noon it told me to download an updated version of Flash Player I did and it still doesn't work.  I really hope someone can answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you give your firewall permission to use this latest version of Flash Player? You may need to remove permission for the previous version(s), and add permission for the newest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. I ended up downloading Mozilla firefox and I have to open my facebook through that so that I can play the games and everything else I open as I normally would. I'm not sure what the problem is but from what I researched and found A LOT of people are having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I allowed it when i set it up it still will not work i can't tell in my firewall where this permission is I believe it's under firefox.exe but i'm guessing that's the reason it's not working and i have to enable a path to the add on but i don't know which .exe to allow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines