• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded Flash and now I can't view videos

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since upgrading flash player. Now sites I used to be able to view are asking me to upgrade my flash player. Yet it's already installed.

I've gone through the adobe troubleshooting page and uninstalled then reinstalled (several times). I've even tried installing an old version of flash - V9. Each time the adobe test page always shows that flash player is installed and I can see movies on the adobe site. I can also see google videos. But youtube won't show and neither will a tv channel I used to watch. They keep asking me to upgrade.

Stumped. Any ideas? I want to watch TV!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solly, Looks good. On the Java, I think keeping the older version may be ok, their thinking is that perhaps some web

sites you visit may not have updated and are still using it. If it causes a problem you can always remove it. It seems every program wants to install their own toolbar! Glad you saw it and declined. I haven't heard of any problems with the

updated version of Java, except several developers complaining about one of the entries being "not verified" but as far as I know does not affect the end user.

I see Foxit plug-in in FF, IE? Isn't Foxit Reader also listed in Add/Remove? Just curious. Did you decline the Toolbar that

Foxit offers? Hope so.

I was just getting ready to leave for the evening and checked my email and saw your post. Now for your final test,

have you tried youtube and your tv channel?

I'll probably have to wait until I get back home for your answer. I certainly hope everything is working for you now.

Be sure to let me know.

Thanks

Talk to you later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2009 Nov 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have 2 Java entries not verified - isInstalled Class & JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class.

Foxit reader is in add/remove progs. It also listed a toolbar there so I removed it.

Foxit plug-in is in FF but not in IE. I installed it while browsing in FF. Could that be why?

In IE & FF, the TV catchup station and youtube are still asking me to update Flash - no video. In IE, Youtube played one video for me then refused to play anymore - even the same video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solly, I'm not sure why you are having problems. The Java "not verified" wouldn't affect end users, it is sometthing

with developers and Microsoft and Java; at least that is my understanding of it. Other users have the same thing and did not indicate any problem.

Ok on the removal of the toolbar on Foxit, as it is somewhat invasive and some anti-virus programs tag it as malware.

Foxit plug-in in FF and not IE, yes as you stated. I don't think it's an issue unless you need to have it in IE. If so, then I would go to the Foxit site and see how it is done. Perhaps downloading Foxit using IE, it would not install again, perhaps only install the plug-in. You could check on that site to be sure.

Now on the youtube and tv channel. You have the DivX Player and the Netscape plug-in. If you were using this prior to

installing Flash Player 10, I would't think that would be a problem now, especially with all of the clean up we've done.

I am not familiar with the various video/music formats, nor do I know anything about DivX player, etc. I use Windows Media Player and don't have any issues with youtube or music. Since WMP always works for me, I never had an occasion to look for anything else. I also can view a free tv channel.

The only other thing that you could try is an Uninstall and Install of Flash Player. If you want to try that, use the following

http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

This is the Adobe Uninstaller. Then use this Installed: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Watch for the Google Toolbar.

Before uninstalling and installing, I would Disable the Foxit plug-in and the DivX plug in. If you have a successful install of FP, then I would Endable only the DivX plug-in first and try your youtube and tv channel.

IMPORTANT: After the Uninstall, REBOOT, WHICE. After the Install, REBOOT once.

That is all I know what to do at this point.

Let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot whice? = Reboot twice?

I don't know why divx is there (or even what it is!). Can I uninstall it?

I'll try the uninstall/install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solly, I thot DivX was something you installed and were using. The reason to Reboot TWICE after Uninstalling is just to make sure any remanents are removed, so the Install goes smoothly.

If I had DivX on my system, I would remove it and install Windows Media Player, that is just me though. I'm not sure what formats youtube uses and what formats DivX uses, but I do know Windows Media Player works on youtube. Sorry I can't be more of a help on DivX. If you do uninstall it, check to make sure the ActiveX was removed also.

Post back.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Eidnolb

I unnstalled FP and Divx.

rebooted twice

installed FP from IE using Adobe site

rebooted.

Resuts!

In IE

- Youtube. I can see a video and then the next time I can't see it and then I can etc – the exact same video.

- I can see BBC iplayer. Whoo! It's beautiful.

- Plays last.fm radio - double whoo.

- But I can't see any at this tv station. It keeps telling me to upgrade. http://demand.five.tv

In FF

- I couldn't see any BBC iplayer & it was telling me to install Flash. Is that because I installed FP while in IE?

- Last.fm radio - none. It asked me to install a plugin so I did. The radio still doesn't work but now I can see BBC iplayer!!

- No Youtube.

- No TV station.

What would happen if I installed FP again while in FF, without uninstalling it first?

In add programs:

- Adobe AIR

- Adobe FP10 ActivX

- Adobe FP10 plugin

- J2SE runtime env 5

- Java 6 update 16

- Java 6 update 17

In Addons:

IE, all enabled

- isInstalled Class, ActiveX Ctrl, wsdetect.dll

- Java plug-in 1.5.0_02, ActiveX Ctrl, jp2iexp.dll

- Java plug-in 1.6.0_16, ActiveX Ctrl, jp2iexp.dll

- Java plug-in 1.6.0_17, ActiveX Ctrl, jp2iexp.dll

- Java plug-in 1.6.0_17, ActiveX Ctrl, npjp160_17.dll

- Java plug-in 2 SSV Helper, Browser helper object,  JP2ssv.dll

- JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class, Browser helper object,   jqs_plugin.dll

- SWF object, ActiveX Ctrol, Flash10c.ocx

FF

- Foxit reader - disabled

- Java deployment toolkit 6.0.170.4 - enabled

- Jave platform SE 6.0.170.4 - enabled

- SWF 10.0.32.18 - enabled

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again....Well, some progress, but not complete yet. I'll check that tv site in a minute. Hey, I got BBC news this evening:-) I had to enable some of my add ons that were disabled.

"in IE" I have to think on why one time you can see it and not the next...

"in FF" well, that is possible, but you installed FP. Now, I just reviewed the previous FF add ons and didn't see a plug-in for FP, was it installed before? I didn't see that it was and possible got removed when you did a lot of uninstalling & installing.

I think you might have to install the FP for and thru FF in order to get the plug in installed. Just do the pre-install as you did before and only Reboot once:-)

Go ahead and do that and I'll check the tv station.

Glad we are making some progress.

Again WATCH the Toolbars.

I'll post back just as soon as I check that station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Solly, the site came up fine and no problem. However, because the site is restricted to those in the UK, I can't view anything LOL, but it's working. I wanted to see the Gadget show, oh well.

Let me know when it is working. There are a couple of other online TV sites, I'll need to look them up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solly, Since you are going to be installing FP into FF I wanted to get some information to you

before I signed off.

I am sending an attachment. Had a busy day here, so will go over your last post more closely

in the morning. I did see a couple of things but will comment on them then.

Hope the install goes well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did nothing and  youtube worked perfectly on FF!! - still hit and miss on IE.

Then I uninstalled

rebooted

installed from the site

rebooted

(Is this beginning to sound like a Groundhog Day to you too?)

It's worse now.

FF - no tv, no last.fm radio. Now also no youtube. BBC iplayer still ok. Addons are same as before.

IE - no youtube, no TV. BBC iplayer says "you need flash . So I clicked on the download link. when I chose not to install DLM, download ceased. At bottom of page it says 'if it does not start, click here to download." I clicked and ran the install exe. SWF object now shows in addons. BBC now works. Still not youtube. And no last.fm radio.

Shall I put it back to how it was?

I just checked again and now youtube works in FF but still not in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solly!! I don't know if you have any children, but when they are quiet they are always getting into trouble!!

"I did nothing" famous last words.:-) I just knew you were treading where angels fear to tread. LOL Groundhog day?, yeah, you are getting stuck in a rut. Ok, let me see what you have done, besides the obvious:-)

First, while you seem to like uninstalling, http://www.adobe.com/products/air/everyone/  Read this over and decide whether you need it or want it.

Now I need to know what is where. What is in Add/Remove, what is in IE add ons, what is in FF add ons. I had a couple of things I wanted you to check but didn't hear from you. We can't proceed until we know if anything has been removed etc.

I knew where everything was on 11/29. Please don't do anything else to "repair" until I can see where we are. And no, please don't try to put it back the way it was; you will, but not just yet.

Thanks, we'll get it worked out, as long as you don't get so far ahead:-)

P.S. I have to go work my part time job now, but will go over what you send and reply so you will have it. I think you

are 5 hours later than I am, so you'll receive my info in your morning. Thanks

Message was edited by: eidnolb  To add a P.S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solly, my work is having problems, so I am off tonight. I'll try to pick up where we left off just as soon as I know

where everything is. Sometimes in an uninstall and re-install add ons and etc get lost or added, I just want to be

sure we know what is on the system.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

>>>"I did nothing" famous last words.:-) I just knew you were treading where angels fear to tread.

LOL. I  re-read my last post and I really do sound guilty. Busted.

I can't think why I'd need AIR so I've uninstalled it. Felt good. Rebooted.

>>>Please don't do anything else to "repair" until I can see where we are.

How rude.

I'll resist.

But it's not easy you know.

Here's the desired info: 

In add programs:

- Adobe FP10 ActivX

- Adobe FP10 plugin

- J2SE runtime env 5 update 2

- Java 6 update 16

- Java 6 update 17

In Addons:

IE, all enabled

- isInstalled Class, ActiveX Ctrl, wsdetect.dll

- Java plug-in 1.5.0_02, ActiveX Ctrl, jp2iexp.dll

- Java plug-in 1.6.0_16, ActiveX Ctrl, jp2iexp.dll

- Java plug-in 1.6.0_17, ActiveX Ctrl, npjp160_17.dll

- Java plug-in 2 SSV Helper, Browser helper object,  JP2ssv.dll

- JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class, Browser helper object,   jqs_plugin.dll

- SWF object, ActiveX Ctrol, Flash10c.ocx

FF

- Foxit reader - disabled

- Java deployment toolkit 6.0.170.4 - enabled

- Jave platform SE 6.0.170.4 - enabled

- SWF 10.0.32.18 - enabled

Hope you had a great day! No rush with this. Very grateful for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL here Solly. Aren't you glad we're not repairing autos? Ha-Ha  I knew you'd take care of Air, that could have been

done yesterday, but someone was off doing "nothing":-) Rebooted-good.

Well your new list looks much the same now that you put it all back together. Thank goodness.

I do see a new resident in FF add ons however. The SWF 10.0.32.18. Well, wait a minute, I just noticed that with

your post of 11/29/09 #32 @5:56pm on the post, that this was listed. I missed that. Is this the Firefox plug-in and

does it say FF and DOES NOT say ActiveX? Important.

Now, In your post prior to this one you indicated the following :

While using the IE browser: No youtube, no TV, no radio. BBC worked after the site said you needed Flash? Then you downloaded ....from BBC site or Adobe? And now BBC works.

While using the FF browser: No youtube, no TV, no radio. BBC works.

Then you said you checked and youtube is working in FF, but still not in IE.

Please review. We need to get this straight, since I think there may be a couple of add ons conflicting but want clarification on this.  Thanks and don't "do" anything:-) (yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>that could have been done yesterday, but someone was off doing "nothing":-)

Ouch. Your poor kids.

>>>FF add ons - SWF 10.0.32.18.

It doesn't say much more than that. Underneath it says SWF 10.0 r32

It's listed under 'plugins' There are 5 tabs in add-ons - find new addons,  update addons, plugins, themes, extensions. Perhaps  I should have mentioned extensions? (grimace) They are:

- an adblocker,

- a supercookie safeguard,

- a blocker of third parties,

- a macro recorder for FF,

- Java quick starter,

- MS .NET framwork assistant,

- script blocker (except for whitelist sites),

- show IP of current site

I've disabled all the extensions in FF then checked the sites again.

FF

No - youtube, last.fm, tv channel

Yes - BBC iplayer

IE

No - last.fm, tv channel

Yes - BBC iplayer

Sometimes yes and sometimes no - youtube

>>>>While using the IE browser:  BBC worked after the site said you needed Flash? Then you downloaded ....from BBC site or Adobe? And now BBC works.

I clicked on the BBC's link and it took me to Adobe site. I think. Pretty sure. After that BBC worked.

Thankyou! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solly, here I was with 3 or 4 windows open, just shopping for Christmas, seeing what the Tech world is up to, besides the browser wars and mozilla (they have their 3.6 beta 4 out on pre-release) then I checked my email and then read it!

On the SWF 10.0.32.18, that should be the FF plug in for FP.

I would like for you to try this and see if it makes a difference in youtube, the radio and tv channel.

1. In IE-- Disable Java plug in 2SSV Helper BHO JP2ssv.dll and JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class BHO jqs_plugin.dll in the

Manage add ons. Then try youtube, the radio and tv channel using IE.

I think one or more add on is conflicting with others and I'm trying to find out which. These are my first suspects, but we'll have to see. We have FP installed and we have the ActiveX for it in IE and the Plugin in FF and we have Java. The only other explanation is an add on as far as I can tell right now.

For now I would like to concentrate on IE first. On FF that list of extensions will have to be looked at, they very well could

be causing a problem.

Let's see if you have any success with this in IE.

Talk to you later. Oh, Microsoft is working on IE9. IE6 is holding at 23.3%, IE7 at 18.2% and IE8 at 18.1%. MS is wanting people to give up IE6 LOL  I may take a look at 9, but 8? No way:-)

Message was edited by: eidnolb  Add'l Comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>>1. In IE-- Disable Java plug in 2SSV Helper BHO JP2ssv.dll and JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class BHO jqs_plugin.dll in the Manage add ons. Then try youtube, the radio and tv channel using IE.

Yes! - last.fm, BBC

No - youtube, TV channel

>>>For now I would like to concentrate on IE first.

ok by me.

>>>MS is wanting people to give up IE6 LOL  I may take a look at 9, but 8? No way:-)

Then me too! Personally I love FF and only keep IE as a backup anyway. Happy shopping! I still need to find an angel for my front door. Thank God Flash didn't interrupt ebay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Solly, Ok, some progress. Don't "do" anything, keep the goal posts exactly where they are please:-)

I liked your response to Matt, (no offense Matt, but Solly is right) LOL At least for now, until we tame this beast.

If you had Yahoo chat, this would be much faster, or a phone. Ha-Ha

I have one thing I would like for you to do, go to www.adobe.com/software/flash/about  and use FF. I want to make sure that the plug in is in FF for FP. That SWF with no name in FF add ons needs clarification; I know it says 10.0.32.18 but I want to know for sure.

Hope you find your Angel, I was on Amazon, don't use ebay much. Glad you like FF, I am so busy on the computer, haven't found time to learn a new browser.

I am reviewing all of the changes we have made wanting to find the problem with IE & you tube/tv channel.

Thanks, have a good day.

P.S. I glanced at that site Matt was talking about. No way!! That is an accident waiting to happen. I don't have time to

relate all of the "disclaimers", but I read enough. Solly, stay away from that. If my anti-virus doesn't keep third party

applications from invading my privacy, then I'm in trouble; but to invite them in?  Don't think so.

That is my opinion on that!

Message was edited by: eidnolb  To add a very important P.S. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>go to www.adobe.com/software/flash/about  and use FF.

This page only tells me "you have version 10.0.32.18 installed". Do I need to click on something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is ok, I was hoping it would detect whether you had the FF plugin installed or needed.

Try this one, it may have more information, stay in FF

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

I'm still reviewing and will have some info for you soon.

I had this ready to send almost 40 minutes ago. The Adobe site went down in the midst of it. It gave me a

recovered version, but not all of my post was recovered.

Thanks Solly. I am going to try to get IE running as it should for the BBC iplayer, tv channel, last.fm radio and youtube.

If we have everything correct in add/remove and IE add ons, then all 4 sites should work. So that is what I am targeting

right now.

Take a break but please don't do any uninstall or install as I'm working on current positions:-)

I know what I am doing but there are many variables that must be taken into consideration. As long as we have the programs and the IE add ons correct, then we have to try to eliminate the conflict(other add ons in IE) When we accomplish the IE then we'll do the same thing with FF. It is time consuming, but everything must work together or it won't work at all.

If you just can't resist "doing" something: Using FF, go to the site Last.fm radio and if it asks you to install a plugin, do it.

(you did this in post #32) And your post #37 where you said you did nothing? And youtube worked perfectly in FF? That is because of the plugin you installed using FF and thru Last.fm radio. So do it again and the results should be the same.

(but that is all you are allowed to do:-)  Also if this works again, then we KNOW that the FF plugin is installed.

Thanks Solly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Solly, After you complete the info in my previous post, I need you to check something for me.

1. In the IE add ons, double check this: "Java plug-in 1.6.0_17, ActiveX Ctrl, npjp160_17.dll" Does is say exactly that?

2. In IE, go to manage add ons, hi-lite the Shockwave Flash Object (Flash10c.ocx) and see if you can Update the ActiveX

Just post whether it updated or not, we don't want the "update activeX" to be greyed out and not become active though. If you can update it and no change, that's ok. I just want to know that it is working and to be sure it is the latest

vs. 10.0.32.18.

Also while you are in manage add ons in IE, Disable "isInstalled Class, ActiveX Ctrl, wsdetect.dll

You can then check youtube and the tv channel and note any change.

3. Go to Start>Computer(right click on Local Disk (C:) & click Open, locate folder "Program Files", right click and Open, locate folder "Java", right click and Open. Now, find jp2iexp.dll that would be in any of the folders. Right click on each folder and open. I need to know how many entries of that .dll is in the Java folders. There are 2 listings of the same thing

as an activeX in the IE add ons and I see no purpose.

It appears that Java is having problems that have not been resolved on their part yet and users may be experiencing some of that in the add ons.

Thanks, didn't know you had an extra part-time job, did you? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

It displays version number 10.0.32.18, no debug, win xp, yes, yes, yes

>>>> If we have everything correct in add/remove and IE add ons, then all 4 sites should work. So that is what I am targeting

right now.

Sounds good!

>>>please don't do any uninstall or install

No way! Not even sure what I did. Probably something teeny tiny.

>>>>If you just can't resist "doing" something: ...

LOL. Nope you can't even tempt me. (This is a test, right?) Anyway last.fm is mysteriously and suddenly working in FF. As is youtube. And I didn't do anything, I swear! Still no youtube or TV in IE.

With thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, it has to be the FF plug-in for FP, otherwise, you are what? Watching youtube? AND Last.fm radio? WOW! I'm

impressed!

That is great, don't touch anything!! Ha-Ha Well maybe it was those extensions in FF that you disabled that was conflicting and you didn't even realize it. I'm innocent in that since I can claim ignorance(I use IE)

Yes, I believe you that you didn't do anything.

Ok, now in FF we have youtube working and Last.fm radio (Need BBC iplayer and tv channel)

now in IE we have Last.fm radio and BBC iplayer (Need youtube and tv channel)

No I was not testing you, funny though. I knew it worked before so.... However, since you have it working, forget I mentioned it.

Don't forget to see my post #51, more work. By the way, I've been doing a lot of checking and Java is really having some problems. I want to get a handle on it first before we do anything drastic. LOL You know I would never suggest anything to be done on your computer that I wouldn't do on mine. I am very conservative, very and that is across the board.

Thanks Solly

P.S. to give you some idea on Java, the Java sight couldn't find anything when I searched for the file where they say they placed one of the Java plug-ins on your computer with the install update.  More later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>"Java plug-in 1.6.0_17, ActiveX Ctrl, npjp160_17.dll" Does is say exactly that?

it says  npjpi160_17.dll - missing 'i'

>>>> Shockwave Flash Object (Flash10c.ocx) and see if you can Update the ActiveX

no it's greyed out.

>>>>Disable "isInstalled Class, ActiveX Ctrl, wsdetect.dll. check youtube and the tv channel

you tube - some yes some no

tv - no

>>>>>find jp2iexp.dll

I found 2, one in each of the following folders:

c:\program files\java\jre1.6.0_16\bin

c:\program files\java\jre6\bin

Going to cook! My new part time job will have to wait.  Back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update what's working/not.

BBC iplayer and last.fm are working in both IE & FF.

youtube is working on and off in both.

TV channel is not working in either.

Looks like we're nearly there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines