• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam/incoming video not working with flash 11

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a chat room which uses adobe flash for webcams to video conference. I've used adobe flash for webcam purposes for years without an issue but all of a sudden my outgoing video/audio doesn't work and incoming audio/video is very choppy. My webcam freeze frames on the first image it sees, and incoming audio/video just skips like a broken CD. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash, uninstalling reinstall chrome, different browers...but the problem only exists in adobe flash. My webcam works fine in non-flash programs (i.e. Skype), as well as incoming audio/video. I believe this problem occured directly after the latest flash update. What can I do?

Specs:

2005 Dell Inspiron

32 Bit

Browser: Chrome (but tried also firefox, IE and still didnt work)

Webcam: MS Lifecam VX-3000

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Nomis - Does the new 11.3 beta 3 release resolve the problem for you?  If not, what OS and camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mahesh - Can you please open a bug report on this with all of the reproducible steps required at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include any hardware specific info if applicable.

Nomis - I didn't realize (or missed) that you were using Chrome.  Can you verify that you are running Flash Player 11,3,300,257?  If you are, please open a new bug report and let us know the URL you are testing against and a copy of your dxdiag system report.  The only open issue that I know of is specific to DV cameras.  If you have a USB camera that isn't functioning like past releases of Flash Player, we definitely want to hear about it.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, as requested, I have raised a bug for the above. The bug number is 3213241. I have Adobe Gold support. How do I raise this issue through that channel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, I'm not sure.  I will however raise it with our video engineering team right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look at the bug, could you post as many dxdiag reports as you can get from the affected machines?  We'll need that information, along with a test URL to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I have followed the instructions in the link for the dxdiag reports and tried the suggestion to switch off hw acceleration. This has worked therefore suggesting driver incompatibility. Is this a definite solution to the problem then or do you still need the dxdiag reports. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I hope some one can help me.

I have an AS2 flash project that has a stage area of 1920x1080
on this layout I am presenting dynamic images and text via XML.
I have also an area to present a live DVD input using the webcam component.
The application is designed to run locally on a PC using Flash Player 11.

DVD is giving a Pal standard resolution output of 720x586 pixels
On the stage I have defined an area of 400x300 to present the webcam component via xml.

Problem I have is I was expecting the Video to be scaled to fit the area defined
but the video is not being scaled instead it is being cropped to 400x300
We have dynamically set the Mode for the camera via xml and setting the favorArea to true so that resizing the video will have priority over the quality of the processed feed.

e.g. imagine watching the CNN / BBC news these channels have the graphics

and headers scrolling at the bottom of the screen. These bottom graphics are being cropped, and so are the rest of the sides of the video feed.

part of the code:

my_cam = Camera.get();

my_cam.setMode(pSettings.width, pSettings.height, 30, true);

var b:MovieClip = this.attachMovie("IDvideoWebcam", "aa", this.getNextHighestDepth());

my_videoCamera = b.vid;

my_videoCamera.attachVideo(my_cam);

b._width = pSettings.width;

b._height = pSettings.height;

Can you please advise me what it is I am doing wrong and how to solve this scaling issue.
I would be greatful for a response / sample file would be even better.

If not an AS2 solution/then please explain AS3.

I look forward to you reply.

Kind Regards
Shiraz - Skype ShirazAAhmed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shiraz - Would you mind reposting this question over on the Flash Professional forums?  This forum is primarily for end users, the Pro forums will get you in touch with a wider developer audience.

@robertjmnyc - What version of the player do you have installed?  If this is a recent break, please try going back a version or two to verify it works again.  If it does, please open a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com and include your system details.

@nomis1955 - No, we don't get a percentage on new hardware sold.  Sorry you went though that but glad you got it fixed.

@mahesh_bca - I've escalated your bug internally, but please continue to let others know about it so that we get their votes and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you want me to do. I cannot get audio on chat sites.

The box appears and freezes and I have to exit the chat site to remove the

box. I have a Mac osx 1-.7.4. My computer says I have Adobe 11.3.300.268.

This is the second time in a year that I have had trouble with this.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robertjmnyc - What I'd suggest is to downgrade to a previous version of Flash Player.  I'd recommend starting with 10.3.183.20.  If this works, then open a bug report over at bugbase.adobe.com and include your system details.  See the FAQ's and link below for instructions:

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Getting system details for Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before I update to Mountain Lion on my Mac....am I going to have problems

with Adobe Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Ive fixed the problem. I threw my webcam away & went out & bought a new one! Seems this is the only way to resolve this - everytime adobe update their programs & you find a device no longer works you have to go out & buy a new one!  Not much of a fix admittedly but it seems this is the only way to go.

Perhaps Adobe have some kind of patent on webcams & get commission on new purchases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, it didn't work for me.  I'm not sure i have the same problems as everyone else.  My problem is when I go to a live webcam site, I get a message saying internet explore is having a problem.  But if I use my work computer I can log into the same site without any problems.  What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now the latest. The machine where I applied the fix (turning hw acc off) and it worked has now started playing up again with the same issue. My colleague reported the issue  on his machine and the fix did not work, so to double check:

1) I went to this machine, applied the hw acc back and tested our website. The sound turned choppy and intermittent as expected.

2) Turned the h/w acc off again and this time the audio continued to remain choppy and intermittent.

3) Have restarted the machine and the issue seems to remain.

4) No changes have been made to Flash (no updates I mean from the website)

This issue seems like it is going to snowball over the next few days with the uptake of 11.3. Adobe really need to provide a solution. Can I get some idea on what you want from the dxdiag as I get the tool reporting everything as normal. Please treat this as urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. Also a Microsoft Lifecam (VX 1000).

I will try the solution that Roozbeh07 provided, but if that works. It will not solve the problem for users coming to your site with and "updated" version of flash. Adobe needs to have this fixed asap, maybe more webcam brands have this issue.

This is realy bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright the solution above from Roozbeh07 works.

Uninstalling the latest version and then installing version 11.1.102.63 does the trick. But as I wrote in my previous post: i'm concerned for other users who have Lifecam's (or other brands that might not work) and visit your site.

I have created a bugreport on this: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3160365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I so I tried Roozbeh07's solution and it worked 80%.

1) I uninstalled ANYTHING flash related in my add/delete program in control panel

2) restarted computer

3) went to the link, downloaded that bundle and was at first overwhelmed by the amount of folders and files, but I figured out I need to go the folder for 32 bit.

4) I ran the flash installer and it worked, but when I ran the flash activex installer it gave me an error message saying this is not the most recent update of flash, and wouldnt install.

5) I figured id test out to see if anything worked, so i restarted comp-tried flash in chrome, and it didnt work 😕 Most likely because chrome has it own built in version of flash, and that prob remained the most updated version.

6) I then tried flash in firefox and success! it finally worked! So thank Roozbeh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you guys.

If you want to use it with chrome you need to disable the flash plugin that comes with chrome first.

In order to do that you need to open a new tab/window and in the address bar type:   chrome://plugins/     or   chrome:plugins

if you disable it and go to the flash website, you can instal one over it. At least that is what I did and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it is a zipped file, I suppose I don't know how to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a readme inside the zip file read that to select which flash player version you need.

If say XP and Internet Explorer...

then double click on:

flashplayer11_1r102_63_winax_32bit.exe and it should install

Note to disable updates on flash V11.1.102.63 you need to go to global notification settings and uncheck "notify of updates" as in control panel --->> Flash Player -->> Advanced tab I found mine was greyed out.

I have Life-cam VX-3000 and wondered what the hell had happened as all I was getting was very dark screen when I tried to load my webcam and then after trying to adjust settings I just a totally frozen picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, please take a minute and vote for the following bug related to Webcam's and Flash Player 11.2

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3160365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure after installing the older version to have autoupdate turned off. I had to redo everything because it just updated to the lastest version again.

You can turn off autoupdate from within the flashplayer application (on windows : Control panel --> flash player --> advanced --> 'never check for updates').

I think it is save to update again if this issue has been resolved: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3160365

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG the same has happened to me.  After being pestered countless times to download the latest adobe flashplayer i did so...BIG MISTAKE

Now my microsft Lifecam has stopped working and as an old guy living alone with only the bare minimum computer experience I am completely beside myself!

I don't understand all the computer mumbojumbo...i need a fix that either just says 'click on this link to download the remedy and then restart your compuer, or I need step by step guidance because I am hopeless.

I cannot begin to say how betrayed I feel.  It is my only link with family and it is now lost.  My webcam is working fine, if i click the desktop icon it shows me perfectly, but in chatrooms i get one (bad) still picture and then it freezes.  Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps required to install the previous version

1. Uninstall Flash Player using the stand alone uninstaller using these instructions

2. Download the previous version of Flash Player here: Flash Player 11.1.102.63

Note: This downloads a .zip file that contains all of the different releases of Flash Player for that version (ie. Windows, Mac, etc.)

3. Extract the contents of this zip file

4. Depending on your operating system and browser, go into either the 64 or 32 bit folders (do not use the debug folder) then double click the following filename to start the installation:

Internet Explorer for Windows 7 64-bit: flashplayer11_1r102_63_winax_64bit.exe

Other browsers for Windows 7 64-bit: flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_64bit.exe

Internet Explorer for all Windows 32-bit systems: flashplayer11_1r102_63_win_32bit.exe

Other browsers for all Windows 32-bit systems: flashplayer11_1r102_63_winax_32bit.exe

Mac OSX: flashplayer11_1r102_64_mac.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have sorted mine too.  After uninstalling Flash 11, i tried my cam but it wanted to download 11 yet again...so i searched for version 10 on line and downloaded that free of chage...now my cam works again.

Yay.

But i will never, ever, trust Adobe again.

Marky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i think i uninstalled ok

then i downloaded the previous version

all the rest of the instruction is complete balderdash...i have no idea what it all means...i think Vista Home Premium is 32 bit

i don't know what an Application is...nor a Windows Installer and I can't find anywhere a file ending in 32bit.exe

as i cannot find the filename, i cannot double click it

i have been trying for three hours and am nowhere near

it took just a few minutes to download the new version, how come it is so difficult to get rid of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines