• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam/incoming video not working with flash 11

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a chat room which uses adobe flash for webcams to video conference. I've used adobe flash for webcam purposes for years without an issue but all of a sudden my outgoing video/audio doesn't work and incoming audio/video is very choppy. My webcam freeze frames on the first image it sees, and incoming audio/video just skips like a broken CD. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash, uninstalling reinstall chrome, different browers...but the problem only exists in adobe flash. My webcam works fine in non-flash programs (i.e. Skype), as well as incoming audio/video. I believe this problem occured directly after the latest flash update. What can I do?

Specs:

2005 Dell Inspiron

32 Bit

Browser: Chrome (but tried also firefox, IE and still didnt work)

Webcam: MS Lifecam VX-3000

TOPICS
OS , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Nomis - Does the new 11.3 beta 3 release resolve the problem for you?  If not, what OS and camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear that this issue isnt just with me and that Adobe are now aware of this.

There must be a lot of cam users worldwide that are wondering why their cams have suddenly stopped working?

Wonder when a fix will be found for this and a new update?

I did the uninstall and re-install of the previous version but it just caused too many other problems.

I will now wait patirntly for the fix!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if Adobe are now aware of this issue how we will know if it is really fixed - I just dont wanna go thru another update then find it does not work and have to go thru

the hassle of un-installing everything again and re-installing a version I know that does work.

I just wonder the same how many users might think their webcams are broken when it is a software issue only. I thought this thus and had uninstalled by webcam & software

only to find that it had no effect and only realized it was an issue when I googled "lifecam VX-3000 not working and flash" and got this forum and thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I followed the instructions here, including turning off the auto update first thing. Clicking on the zip file to download, I still get the pop up telling me there is a newer version of flash I need to install, so I can't install the old version. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kseila - did you run the stand alone uninstaller first?  Are you blocked from installing the previous version or do you just get the pop up after you've installed Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it going. I had to fix it to install around my firewall and my ad-on shockwave flash was not enabled. Enabled it and even the latest version works fine now in Internet Explorer.

Sheila

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my computer just updated itself overnight, and now I'm back to having the same issue. This is really annoying-Im suprised that an Adobe rep hasn't commented on this post yet with regards to fixing the bug-given the pervasiness of the issue. They need to really just make a quick bug fix-this isnt just about the MSlifecam, its also about the incoming video. Very very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke over telephone with Adobe representative, regarding issues with webcam not working, he said there was no information, postings ect. regarding this issue.  Adobe not aware of any problem, no bug present, not doing anything about it.  I told him it was quite odd that there were so many postings in forum here on this issue, all having same problem, and ridiculous that Adobe has not a clue, that problem even exsists, or let alone offering solution.  He insisted that he could find no listings, postings, whatever regarding this problem.

What is problem with Adobe? What does it take to get this matter resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who you spoke with, though I assume it's someone in the tech support team.  The Flash Player engineering team is aware of this issue and I have it as one of the top issues against Flash Player 11.2.  We've reproduced this with at least one camera (the MS Lifecam VX-1000) and are investigating further. 

I encourage you to vote for the following bug and leave a comment with the camera/OS that you are using.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3160365

yabbadoobie wrote:

Spoke over telephone with Adobe representative, regarding issues with webcam not working, he said there was no information, postings ect. regarding this issue.  Adobe not aware of any problem, no bug present, not doing anything about it.  I told him it was quite odd that there were so many postings in forum here on this issue, all having same problem, and ridiculous that Adobe has not a clue, that problem even exsists, or let alone offering solution.  He insisted that he could find no listings, postings, whatever regarding this problem.

What is problem with Adobe? What does it take to get this matter resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is so unfair on us older less geeky users

i tried the fix about 20 times and still itg will not work...#

I think I'll ditcvh this computer lark... nothing but trouble and outfits like Adobe, who you think you should trust and then find you are wrong

bye internet world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andy,

Are you running IE? If so, make sure the addon for Adobe Flash is installed, and also check your firewall.

Look over this page and see if any of it helps. The things I listed are what fianlly got it working for me.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Determine_whether_an_older_Flash_Player_version_is_already_installed_on_your_computer 

Sheila

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Flash, downloading 11.1.102.63 from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html and it works fine now... I guess I'll have to wait for the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player games, video, or audio don't work ---WIndows

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated Flash to latest ver 11.2.202.233

Still same problems with my webcam.

Wonder what Adobe is estimating timescale for getting this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here on a mac osx snow leopard.  Updated to latest flash 11 didnt work.  Basically it just doesnt recognize the lifecam show as an available video source even though it works fine in all other applications.  It does recognize it as a microphone so it's definitely a real device just not seeing its video.  BUMMER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give our 11.3 Beta 3 release a try?  From what I understand it should be fixed there.  Please let us know how it works for you.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it did seem promising.  The camera showed up in the video source list after the update but no video is actually streaming from it.  I tried ustream as well and it is showing the camera as an option now but complaining that no video source is available even after choosing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zonathen - What version of the lifecam are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a ms lifecam show model # 1139

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again trouble with Adobe Flash Player and Mac.  I waited forever to have this problem corrected a year ago and now it's back.  I pay for the chat lines that I can't use because the Adobe Flash Player will not allow me to activate my mic, and then the pop up box freezes on the screen and I can't close it.  I have to completely exit the website and log back on.  Why is this such an ongoing problem and why does it take so long to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody experiencing audio issues after the Flash update, please check the bug raised below and vote if it is relevant. I have raised this bug and Adobe have stated that they can reproduce the issue.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3213241

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the 11.3 and still not working. I have even updated to the 11.4 beta and still no luck. Tried with IE, Firefox 14, and Waterfox 14. Tested it using facebook to take a new photo, no option to "allow", tried IE and it doesnt even show as much as firefox.

win 7 64bit

waterfox 14

firefox 14

IE whatever it currently is up to

built in web cam and logitech HD external

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines