• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worker supports a subset of the ActionScript APIs. Where do I find that list of the subset?

Contributor ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActionScript Workers (concurrency) supports a subset of the ActionScript APIs. For example you cannot access StageVideo or Stage3D from within a worker.

I would expect to find this list of supported API's (or the list of API's that are excluded) at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/system/Worker.html

But I did not find it there.

Where do I find that list shows you which ActionScript API's are not supported within a worker?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Sorry, C F McBlob, your comments are not helpful. Release notes for Adobe AIR SDK 3.4 had the list of supported API's. Look at page 4, "non-functional APIs" which appears to be the correct answer you are looking for:

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/shared/air3-4_flashplayer11-4_p2_releasenotes.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd probably want to ask one of the experts in fhe Flash Professional Forum since Flash Player CANNOT author Flash Files or ActionScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand this forum is regarding the Flash runtime. This forum appears to be the only active forum that discusses ActionScript and implementing it for Flash Player. I have asked questions in the Adobe AIR forum which would be my forum of choice, however I get no responses in that forum. I would then assume that the Flash Professional forum would not be the appropriate forum to ask an ActionScript runtime related question. Is there an Adobe representative that can point me to the correct forum or answer this question about Workers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But... you CANNOT implement, edit, or change ANYTHING having to do with Actionscript in Flash Player. Just like you can't create and edit movies with a home DVD player. It's a player only and it reads and executes A/S. Additionally, you cannot do ANYTHING with APIs in Flash Player. It's a browser Plugin and nothing more.

As I stated previously, the Flash Professional forum is where people who know ActionScript, and API implementation are. I "dabbled" in Flash for a little while recently, and I know a few lines of ActionScript, like how to stop an SWF at the end of an animation, so it doesn't repeat, but that's all I know and it's probably more than most people in this forum.

I'm not trying to be a wiseapple... I'm simply pointing you in the direction that will get you the best answers to your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, C F McBlob, your comments are not helpful. Release notes for Adobe AIR SDK 3.4 had the list of supported API's. Look at page 4, "non-functional APIs" which appears to be the correct answer you are looking for:

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/shared/air3-4_flashplayer11-4_p2_releas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please show me WHERE AND HOW you can implement and edit Actionscript in Flash Player?

YOU CAN'T and NO ONE EVER COULD!!!!! THIS IS NOT THE FORUM TO ASK ABOUT ACTIONSCRIPT!!!!!!!!

Slam-Hammer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines