• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube sound problems: crackling/static sound

New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem have been addressed in: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4320163#4320163

However, the solution (deleting cache and "site data and settings") is only temporarliy and the crackling sound returns after few videos/websites you browsed.

I'm currently using 10.3.183.10 and using the newer version will not even fix the issue as mentioned in the previous thread.

Are there any permenant solution to fix this problem?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is weird, but it fixed itself when I moved my Windows XP virtual memory file onto a new SSD. (Then, I tried putting it back on the hard disk and it STILL was better!) I just about never recommend "flailing" to fix a problem, but try changing your virtual memory file location (and then you can put it back as it was if you like) and see if it doesn't make a difference.

This is using an Edirol UA-1000 audio interface set to the lowest latency (96 samples).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow this sounds difficult for a person who don't know much about the cpu stuff inside.which is the virtual memory file and what is SSD?what's flailing?i might try opening my cpu to see what's wrong ..thanks anw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flailing" is just what I call attempting to fix things by randomly fiddling with settings. Usually not a good ide

SSD is a solid state drive, a hard drive with no moving parts. But don't worry about that, that's not the point. (After moving my VM file there I put it back on the original disk it was on and the audio problems STILL got better.)

Now, I'm not SURE this will help, but it's worth a try. In Windows go to Control Panel | System | Advanced | Performance | Advanced | Virtual Memory (Change) and disable the Virtual Memory drive on C: (I believe it will let you do that, if not, try moving it to another drive like D:) We can't leave it this way, you'll need a VM file for optimal performance, but reboot, test your Flash audio -- is it better now? Then put the VM back the way it was and, if you're seeing what I'm seeing, for some reason the audio dropouts will be gone even though you've put all your settings back the way they were and reboot again. Are the dropouts still gone?

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense, that's part of why I consider it "flailing". Maybe if some others can test this we can determine if I'm actually on to something, or if it was just a coincidence. Might have something to do with fragmentation of the VM file maybe? That's the only thing I can think of that might be changing here.

Sorry to be so vague, but my audio problems are gone even though I'm using a semi-pro audio interface at a very low latency setting (which should be a worst case scenario for software that causes dropouts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks!wanted to try this what you have said,but thank god today i just on my computer and mozilla firefox updated and everything surprisely miracle solved!my static sound at IE google chrome and mozilla firefox is gone!now i can play music while scrolling or opening new tab without having the lagging sound which makes the static sound and it load fast now!i don't know is this really the problem and hope this is and solved for good or else it's just concindence that my computer auto fix temporary that if i shut down now and on it again next time the problem is backed 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem, but everywhere, not just on youtube, and apparently resolved through this link.

Fixed Windows 7 Sound (Popping, Cracking & Skipping) | Corey DeGrandchamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines