• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

youtube videos now will not work after update

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all other videos work on other web sites. Why will youtube not work now? I have installed the new player. This does update the flash plug in right? How do I get my old flash back ? Youtube videos work on my Internet Explorer, but not Firefox. I have updated he Flash Player on IE also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the uninstaller still does not seem to be removing the old contents from the system32 folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, yes I have the previous contents of the Flash files, sys32 and sysWOW. Now granted, the IE files are the same.

However your Flash files for FF are correct. Now check for that SWF vs 10.1.53.64 plug-in and make sure it is enabled. If it is then your Flash Player for FF should be working, since the files and the SWF are correct.

We are going to have to think the Flash files for IE out and determine why they are not being removed. I recall reading possibly about a different Uninstaller needed because those Flash files are so old. I'll need to search that out and ask Pat about that. There was a change and I need to find the article on it. I think this may be the issue. Don't do anything further until I find out about that.

Are you able to use FF now?

Don't forget to check for that SWF.

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave Flash v 10.1.53.64 is listed there in Add-Ons\Plug-ins and seems to be enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok that's good. Is youtube working with FF? If not are you receiving any messages?

Now on the IE Flash files. We have vs 8 and vs 9. The vs 8 had a different Uninstaller than the vs 9 did.  For now I want you to go to the sys32 folder and right click on Flash8.ocx and if the window that opens has Remove/Delete, then do so. Then do the same thing with Flash8a.ocx. Then do the same with Flash9.ocx, Flash9b.ocx and Flash.ocx. So you will be Removing/Deleting 5 files.

Once you have those removed, then right click on FlashUtil9b.exe. Don't do anything, just post back to me what options are given. Don't Double click on any of these that have an .exe. These are executables, which mean they will activate and we don't want that to happen.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2010 Jun 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Firefox was not working, but I had a hunch and removed the cookies and cookie exceptions (Tools/Options/Privacy) for youtube.com. So now I can view youtube videos. I am pretty sure that this was the trick and the resolution. Now I can't log into youtube for some reason. I am not getting any new cookie requests from youtube.com. Maybe I need to reboot. 

I have removed/deleted the five files in sys32 folder. The options for flashutil9b are:

Open

Run As

Scan with AVG

Scan with Ad-Aware

Submit with Threatwork Alliance

Pin To Start Menu

Send To

Cut

Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maps, So you were able to remove those 5 vs 8 & 9 files in sys32, good job. Now the option for the FlashUtil9b.exe doesn't have the remove/delete option so we'll just leave that one alone for now. What you can do is do a right click on each of the other 4 and see what the options are for those and let me know. Meanwhile, I'll check on them.

On your FF/cookies/youtube. Evidently you have an account and now can't log in. I'm sure you need to allow cookies for that. It's the same here with the Flash forum. If you have too restrictive Privacy Settings you can't use the Forum. Try lowering the setting. Also under the Security Tab, set it to Medium. I think youtube has FAQ and perhaps one discusses "I can't log in" etc. I don't know what their requirements are but I'm sure it's listed somewhere.

What is Threatwork Alliance?

Let me know on the above.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something very weird is happening. Since I can't seem to get any more cookies automatically, I manually entered youtube.com into Firefox's cookie exceptions. That was fine for a few minutes. After a few minutes I was then unable to view the videos. Same problem as before with the black screen. I then removed the exception and the cookie. Ok I just found the setting I had changed. I renabled "Except Cookies from Site". OOPS Lets see how that works or my youtube log in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When right clicking on those 5 remaining files which are

Open

Run As

Scan With Avg

Scan with Ad-aware

Submit to Threatwork Alliance

Pin To start menu

Send To

Cut

Copy

Create Short Cut

Delete

Rename

Properties

These options are available for all of the files remaining.

Threatwork Alliance is where the Lavasoft AVG virus reports go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, well I just found out by doing some research that of those 5 remaining files, two of them are Firefox Flash files.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash_%28Firefox%29  Page down to "Uninstall Flash" Read carefully, since some is for IE and you've already done that with those first five. That is why you didn't get the option on these last 5. Unless you have by now.

Now one other option is to remove the entire Flash folder that is in sys32 since all of your Flash files should be in the sysWOW since you have the 64bit system. I don't think we care at this point how these files got mixed, we just want the sysWOW folder to contain all Flash files:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. does that option that you do have, the "cut", isn't that the same as Delete/Remove?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok  sys32 macromed folder gone.

yes ''cut" removes it and places it in the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maps, On removing the sys32 Flash folder and it went to the clipboard, don't you think it would be better if it was in the recycle bin?

When you empty the recycle bin, do you stop system restore, then empty the bin and then restart system restore?

Did you get the youtube login working?

e/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt' send them to the clipboard. I was just explaining what "cut" was.

I dont usually stop system restore. Maybe I should?

Yes Youtube login is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi maps, Well say today you deleted that folder and you empty the recycle bin today. Say next week, you need to use system restore and went back, say to June 1st. Would not that folder be restored? I'm just asking. Or does the system restore not bring back anything that was in the recycle bin and then emptied? I really don't know, just wondering since we don't want those old files back:-)  Computers are not easy!!

I'll see if I can send an email or send a PM to Pat.

If you know, tell me.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2010 Jun 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the Uninstall Flash Player utility , but the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder is still there. It said that the files were successfully uninstalled but obviously it has lied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey eidnolb, It sounds like you know what your doing, but, why when, "like me"..everyone has tried everything you sa

id to do, everthing tech support said to do...Simply everything

anyone from Adobe said to do...and still don't have a clu

e and Adobe still has no answer? ...and still here we all are with

no video acces to youtube or ESPN3 and probably many mo

re sights yet to be brought up. I read tons of peoples forums on this 10.1 issue and have yet to find one darn thing to fix this and i am on my 2nd week of this ongoing "nightmare" with no answer in sight! And if you go to support they won't do anything without $39.00!  Please! ADOBE HELP YOUR PEOPLE OUT! PLEASE FIX THIS MESS! Thank You !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank,

One thing, especially with this 10.1, changes have been made from the vs 10.0. Then the problem can be several and the main thing in my opinion is that troubleshooting is a constant exercise. So one that helps must continue to learn the new changes and how they now work with computers that also change, updates from MS, and the other various programs.

Unless a person works with Flash Player almost everyday, then they miss important things to check for. I learn something new almost everyday:-) Then try to add that to my list of what to check for.

Hope you get your thread started, after a late supper, I'll check for the ESPN thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all comes down to "WHY" is it me doing all the work? And Adobe doing nothing, and also trying to get people to (PAY$$$) for the answer???  Thanks! F.P.Moynihan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe trying to charge every

one $$$ to fix the problem??? The users are not responsible???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb, I was curious if you have found any answers to this problem or actually helped someone fix the problem? If so can you let me know please? It is happening on ESPN3 also (*Thats where I first noticed it.) Hulu & Fancast seem not to be affected, but I do not know if those sites use Adobe Flashplayer.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank, haven't got to that ESPN thread yet. Trying to catch up:-) Had Phone calls.

Thanks,

e/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me... and

ESPN3 where i was watching all the World Cup matche

s before downloading 10.1...now...NOTHING!!! Even

worse, I call for help after reading forums and trying everythi

ng written for over a week and a half...and even spent "2" hours talking to tech support, who "even when they now its problems with its own software, tried to do nothing untill i payed them $39.00 !!! they finally broke down and said they would help me, took control of my computer, and, after over another 45 minutes and my cordless phone battery they couldnt figure it out and stuck to thier guns that I would have to pay to fix thier broken software!!!! PROPOSTERUS!! I have had it with the way this company does not take responsibility for thier products and trys to profit on "free" software that has put tens of thousands of Adobe products users without functioning equipment on thier computer! If Adobe did not hold a "monopoly" on flashplayers I would go elsewhere. I have read all over on every forum and everyone attached to Adobe says "we are still working on a fix to the problem" Why put out untested software, then ask for $$$ from the disgruntled users to fix it??? Totally immoral and unethical... I am so, so, so upset and wish I could watch the world cup!!!! I missed USA's win and the last week of games due to Adobes faulty software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frank, If you would start a thread and list your computer info, OS/browser versions, etc, it would be easier to help you.

It appears that there are various problems after updating to 10.1, not just one. As a result, several different settings, etc need to be looked at. It gets confusing when trying to help more than one person on a thread.

On ESPN, I know someone a couple of weeks ago was having a problem, will try to find the thread. I read so many threads, that I can't even remember if he found a solution, but will look.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks eidnolb, but it looks like there is no fix to this and many,many people have no sucess fixing this untill Adobe comes out with a fix to this faulty flash player.  F.P.Moynihan (*!!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this first time I downloaded the update, I did not specify for what OS or browser. SO I might have updated the Internet Explorer version.I has to go back and click on the link to get "a different version of Flash" So after using the uninstaller several times and reinstalling several times, still Firefox is jacked up.

Can you use Internet Explorer for your ESPN shows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my Firefox and Explorer are not letting me view videos. I upgraded everything. Uninstalled,Reinstalled,Uninstalled,Reinstalled ! Anything and Everthing anybody and any site told me to do...to no avail... This whole thing stinks when you can't even get an answer from Adobe or anyone else as to a "fix" for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines