Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

100% CPU usage at running flash games and programs

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have after 10-15 minutes of playing flash games or programs 100% CPU usage, which causes too much slowdown to play.
I'm using Firefox and Chrome. Both have the same problem.

My computer is new (HP 250 G5 - Intel Celeron N3060 dual core 2,4Ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD HD, Windows 10, Flash player ver.: 26.0.0.151).

Please help,

Leo (Poland)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, but my processor is 2.16 GHZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a language runtime, similar to Java.  We process code (specifically ActionScript, compiled into bytecode) written by other people, and we do all of the low level work of drawing pixels the browser, processing input, etc.

Like any other language, it's totally possible to write inefficient code.  We make a performance profiling tool called Adobe Scout available to Flash developers for the purpose of identifying and optimizing inefficient loops in their code.  In most cases, there are plenty of opportunities for optimization.

Depending on the browser you use, each tab, and each instance of Flash content on the page consumes a global pool of system resources, including CPU time.  If you're playing a game on a page with a dozen ads running on it, that's probably going to use a lot more CPU time than just a page with the game embedded.  Similarly, running a single browser window with a single open tab will most likely reduce a lot of background processing that isn't really doing anything useful, improving performance for the content you care about.

Also, some browsers have more overhead than others.  Experimenting with the available browsers might give you some performance improvement.

While we offer the ability to take advantage of dedicated graphics hardware on the system for video and 3D games, the content has to be written to use those specific APIs.  Having a good video card doesn't help you if the game doesn't take advantage of it.

The content provider / game developer is in the best position to profile their game and understand why it's slow.  At the point that they identify a language-level performance issue that they cannot solve (this is pretty rare, to be totally honest), they're more than welcome to reach out to us for advice, and/or to file a bug.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, but i am using ad blocker so i dont see how ads can be a problem, a month or so ago i had no such problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a link to a specific example, all I can really do is just guess and offer workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed this unusual cpu usage since version 27, I suspect that some audio drivers are suffering from

the new audio output feature. I indeed had to remove some loopback driver like splitcam to

get my cpu normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines