• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32.0.0.293 no longer works on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know if this is by accident, but it looks to me like the latest flash release was compiled with too new dependencies to be able to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / CentOS6 / Scientific Linux 6:

% ldd libflashplayer.so
./libflashplayer.so: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./libflashplayer.so)

TOPICS
Error , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also the case on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 7.7 (Maipo)
## ldd /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so)

Edit: logged as Bug Id: FP-4199058

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for CentOS - Flash has disappeared from the installed plugins, the OS reports it installed.  Resinatalling doesn't remedy.

Workaround is using an archived version, extract the .SO file and replace the installed one - add an "exclude=flashplayer*' in /etc/yum.conf to prevent update

Tried last night with a fresh centos install - still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in my old 64-bit Debian Jessie v8 PC as shown in my https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/firefox-v68-2-esr-amp-seamonkey-v2-49-5-fail-2-c-flash-p... forum thread. I hope Adobe will fix this soon. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is NOT fixed with the 32.0.0.303 version.  They're still compiling against glibc 3.4.21. I can get flash to work on Fedora 31, but CentOS 6.x and 7.x are a no go.  Don't have a CentOS 8.x system handy to test on right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a fresh install last night and adobe still shipping the bugged flash!  I can't believe Adobe isn't aware of this - they do not reply to messages about it either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all of you, I suggest to stay pragmatic, respectful and only report the issues, I doubt you react the same to the developers of chrome or firefox when a bug occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For security reasons, Flash Player for Linux has been compiled with updated library dependencies. Please refer to the bottom of https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/readme-flash-player-linux.html for a list of library dependencies. To continue using Flash Player on Linux requires updating to a distro that supports these libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to a distro that supports those libraries is not a viable solution for a lot of systems. You need to fix the flash plugin to support RHEL/CentOS 7 at least. I can kind of understand not supporting 6 at this point. RHEL 6 is going EOL 11/30/2020 and RHEL 7 going EOL 6/30/2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Flash Player's EOL is 12/2020, this is not a big deal. I have removed the plugin from all EL6/7 systems. The users who want to use flash until the end can use it on the Ubuntu 18.04 desktops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned by BiloxiGeek "upgrading to a more recent distribution" is not a viable solution, especially as RHEL7 support continues until 2024. We have roughly 800 RHEL7 Linux desktops. In order to upgrade these to RHEL8 would take in excess of a year at which point Adobe Flash is end of life.

edit: I should add that I'm not asking for Flash to still work until 2024, but I do expect Flash to work until it's proposed retirement date in 2020. Rather than becoming "unsupported" with no advance warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are duplicate posts for this issue which results in the related comments posted to multiple locations, therefore, to keep comments in one location, locking this as a duplicate of https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/32-0-0-293-on-firefox-70-0-1-under-centos-7-7/td-p/10756...

Please subscribe to that thread to receive updates.

Issue is also being tracked at https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FP-4199058

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines