• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A malware FlashPlayer.hta pops up everytime I use my internet explore

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayer.hta from ijai5markdalgleish.org pops up every time I use Internet Explorer. I've search every portion of my CP with nothing showing up but it's still there. I have done an offline virus scan several times and still it remains. I've run supper spyware several time and it still persist unable to remove, please assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the phishing attack.If you look on the internet for FlashPlayer.hta, you will find a few sites that claim to have fixes to remove this from your system.You can perform an internet search and find the same results.

A few things that you can do:

• Task Manager: look for FlashPlayer.hta process, if it's present terminate it.
    • You may need to select to view processes for all users
  • Control Panel > List of installed programs: check to see if there's an entry for FlashPlayer.hta or oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the phishing attack.If you look on the internet for FlashPlayer.hta, you will find a few sites that claim to have fixes to remove this from your system.You can perform an internet search and find the same results.

A few things that you can do:

• Task Manager: look for FlashPlayer.hta process, if it's present terminate it.
    • You may need to select to view processes for all users
  • Control Panel > List of installed programs: check to see if there's an entry for FlashPlayer.hta or other suspiciously named software that you don't recall install installing (e.g. some search toolbar, etc).
  • Browser plugins: same as above, look for a FlashPlayer.hta or other suspiciously named plugins that you don't recall installing

Also, we recommend you to download Flash Player from Adobe's official website: Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions . Also note that all updates from Adobe are from get3.adobe.com.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines