• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Absolutely Rotten Decision for Your Customers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash supported many other software products and now it - and all of the supported products - no longer work.  What a heartless move on Adobe's part!  The company has never been good at customer support, but this takes the cake!  It will cost me more than $1,000 to replace everything from hardware to software to regain the capabilities that Adobe has killed with this decision.  My reaction:  "Adobe, you're scum!"

TOPICS
End of life , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change is hard.  I get that.  But you've got this upside down. 

1. Ask Facebook, Apple, Google &  Microsoft why they killed Flash Player. 

2. And while you're at it ask Mozilla and other browser vendors why they pulled the plug on 3rd party plugins including Java, Silverlight, PowerPoint, QuickTime, Shockwave and now Flash Player? 

4. Maybe then you'll appreciate that this isn't happening in a vacuum by one lone company for one lone technology.  It's a world wide web thing to make the Internet a safer place for everyone.   

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FlashActivist NEO,

Early 2020: Firefox completely removed Flash support from consumer versions.

December 2020: Adobe ended Flash Player support and removed download links from their website.

December 2020: Chrome and most Chromium-based browsers (including Microsoft Edge) removed Flash support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not beating around any bushes.  Nobody is going to make it easy for you to keep using Flash Player  -- not the browsers, not the operating systems and not Adobe.

Flash EOL for Enterprise

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"This community will remain open for some time for user-to-user engagement but will not have any participation from Adobe employees."

"Nobody is going to make it easy for you to keep using Flash Player -- not the browsers, not the operating systems and not Adobe."

As Atul_Saini said, user-to-user engagement, sometime they will help each other, but only if Adobe admins or super users like you stop removing or editing posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to change the world.  I did enough of that on five peacekeeping missions in hot spots around the globe in my 41-year military career.  I was expressing my displeasure with one unilateral decision that will cost this Veteran over $1,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a veteran you, more than anyone, understand the need for better security.  The Flash EOL was no secret.  Everyone had 3+ years advanced notice that this was coming, giving programmers, developers and IT experts more than ample time to prepare replacements for their flash-based systems. 

July 2017 Announcement

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2017/07/25/adobe-flash-update.html#gs.s3ez5x

End of Life FAQ

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

End of Life Enterprise

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines