• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Admin Privileges Error Popup Adobe Flash 22.0.0.209 with admin credentials

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the Admin privileges pop-up error affecting both the ActiveX Control AND the NPAPI (Firefox) plugin and the PPAPI (Opera).

Operating System: Windows 7

Web Browser: FireFox and Opera

Flash Player Version: Adobe Flash 22.0.0.209

Here are the results from both FireFox AND Opera.

1) I attempt to download Adobe Flash 22.0.0.209 update.

2) I attempt to install the update.

3) The result of attempting to install the update. It always does this when it hits 50%.

4) I attempt to use the Adobe Flash Uninstaller. This popped up once.

5) I attempt to install Flash Player for Internet Explorer - ActiveX. This popped up twice in a row.

6) I attempt to install Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI. This popped up twice in a row.

7) I attempt to install Flash Player for Opera and Chromium-based browsers - PPAPI. This popped up twice in a row.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also note that I did in fact have all browsers closed during this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aiming to release new FP release later this week.  Someone will post back to this topic when the update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP 22.0.0.210 will be live in some time Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get the manual process to work here:

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player - Windows

Only two steps and seems to work without any issues.

Best Regards

If I have assisted you please mark my post here as helpful

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but your advice has yet to work for me. I'll wait for the moderators/staff to release the updated version that they've said is on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ollivander

I downloaded all of the online installers (Activex, NPAPI, and PPAPI) and am UTR with the Admin privileges pop-up error with the browser open or closed (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit with the latest version of Firefox, Opera, and IE.)

Is the installer in step 2 the NPAPI online installer?  Based on our testing the Admin privileges pop-up error didn't impact the online installer, therefore, I suspect the installation error you're seeing in step 3 is related to something else.  Please try to reproduce this failure.  If you can reproduce upload the following log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply:

• FlashInstall.log saved at C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    • If this is a 64-bit OS, we also need FlashIntall.log saved at C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash
  • Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

We have a variety of installer files.  Which installer (file name) did you use for steps 5, 6, and 7?

What browser(s) did you use to download the installer files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ollivander

You've not replied to my post requesting further information.  Are you still able to reproduce the behaviour or has the issue been fixed for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm currently having my laptop worked on by a professional. I'll get back to you in the coming days when I receive it back from them and update you on where I'm currently at. Will that be okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines