• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Administrator blocking Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help getting rid of a system administrator so that I can run Flash Player. Can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't get rid of a system administrator acount UNLESS your account is ALSO an administrator account.

That said, what is it that's requiring an administrator account to run? The installer or Flash Payer itself?

Also, is this Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is russianpardner but I have needed to change my screenname for some reason. Adobe won't allow 'russianpardner'.

Thanks C F McBlob for your help. The computer is windows and it is the Flash Player itself that is not working. Are your sure there is no way of removing the adminstrator as I bought this computer second hand  with the administrator still on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows won't run (as in "won't run") unless there is at least one (1) administrator account. There can be numerous "standard" user accounts, but there HAS TO BE one admin or things cannot be changed on the system or in the standard accounts.

You should be able to create a new (admin) user account and then you can delete the other admin account, but you'll lose ALL of the files (documents emails etc.) associated with that account, either by deleting them with the account or by restrcited access to them once the account is gone, so you might as well delete them anyway.

Bottom line: you MUST be logged in as an administrator to install software. Whether it's the admin account that was on the PC when you got it or one you created doesn't matter... but you MUST be logged on as an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a computer administrator it is described as a system administrator. Don't know if that helps. I do know how to use a computer by the way so I wouldn't be quite so dum as to not realise when it is a computer administrator that is blocking something. Thanks for giving a hand, anyhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three (3) types of user accounts for ANY PC or Mac.

1. System administrator (password protected) - able to make changes to software and the OS - and able to add or remove software and other user accounts with the proper password.

2. Standard user (may or may not be password protected) - NOT able to install or modify software or other user accounts without administrator verification (a dilaogue box will pop up requiring an admin name and P/W for any changes a standard user wishes to make - without this info it cannot be done)

3. Guest account (no passwaord available) - may use most apps and can view available files - restricted from making system changes or installing anything on the system.

Installing ANY software (Windows or Mac) requires the credentials of a type 1 (Administrator) account on that local system.

So, basically... there ISN'T an administrator "blocking" the install. Your operating system is REQUIRING confirmation that the software is being installed by a system administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

russianpardner wrote:

I need help getting rid of a system administrator so that I can run Flash Player.

I do not understand this; why can't you run Flash Player when there is an Administrator account on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My reply to CFMcBlob should explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I still don't understand; how is the system administrator blocking your Flash Player?  Do you get any messages?  Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not only my Flash player. I just get a message saying 'This file is blocked. Please contact your system administrator'. I cannot contact the system administrator as I don't even know who it is. I have tried to contact the man I bought it from but he has either got a different mobile number or he refuses to answer his phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2013 Aug 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I start to have a feeling that your computer is infected with malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did flash player get blocked how am i supoed to do my homeword

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer to getting rid of the existing administrator (and the malware that probably came with the machine) is to wipe the disk and reinstall the operating system.  If it's Windows 10, a quick search for "win10 factory reset from boot" will probably get you going.  

Wiping the disk means that all the data on the computer goes away.  You'll want to back up your important files, etc, etc.  That's way beyond what were prepared to help you with in the Flash Player forum, but it should get you on the right path.

Also, Flash Player's going away in about a month.  If you're using something that requires Flash, you should probably start looking for alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines