• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate player?

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I heard Flash was dying. Can't Adobe just make a newer version, with all the vulnerabilities fixed, and also rename it Animate Player? That's the best solution I have; if you guys have made up your mind about murdering Flash, I understand. I use Flash for a lot of important crud, but I can always search for alternatives to playing .swf files without Adobe Flash. I know this topic probably doesn't belong here, but I don't have access to the Flash Player community, so... Yeah.

And of course, this would in fact be a question about Adobe Flash Player, but as I said before, I don't have access to the Flash community.

UPDATE 2:45 PM: Never mind, I guess I just needed to click a specific subcommunity. I guess I was dumb enough to not notice. My apologies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question should be asked on browsers developers as they decided to remove the plugin API (PPAPI and NPAPI)

however I would be curious of how a browser like Firefox will manage their H264 encoder/decoder (openh264 from cisco).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that, but still. Adobe Flash player is what I use for movies, films, and other stuff. It would be wrong to kill something I use for important things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your computer is behind a firewall so you can continue to use the last version of the projector. or if you are a developer expert just join some git project like royal-asjs etc... to convert your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a firewall, actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is still serving movies using Flash Player? This is a serious question. Lots of companies, like Youtube and Facebook used to use Flash Player to show you videos, but they stopped doing this years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not because Youtube and Facebook decided to not use Flash that anyone must stop to use it. again not a real helpful answer.

It wouls be better to say what you say all the time sir..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad you find my replies entertaining. My concern, for what it is worth, is that some people believe that Youtube and Facebook still use Flash Player, when it does not. They may therefore be worrying needlessly about the imminent FlashDeath. I believe that it is worth making sure people know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, but I'm not sure that enumerate YT and FB is a good reference. And maybe he's using a website that has not using (yet) html5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And interestingly enough, none of these responses answers my question - I'm asking if you could make a better version of Flash, but call it Adobe Animate player and have all the vulnerabilities fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe could but Do you think the browser makers would fall for that? ( All know vulnerabilities ARE fixed by the way). It would just be blocked. Or in the case of Edge, never integrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines