• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Copyright for Flash Standalone Player

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t find a way to contact Adobe about legal queries and this is why I post my question here.

macOS Sierra

Flash Player.app  (standalone) v14

I would like to publish on the macOS App Store a FREE scientific encyclopedia (>1200 .swf) in the form of a standalone application.

The bundle of the Appp contains an embedded Flash Standalone Player and I think this is permitted.

However Apple asks me to change the name and icon of the player because:

- when launched, the application first shows both its own icon and name

- when the embedded player is launched they are both replaced by “Flash Player” icon and name

Apple does not accept this change of name and icon.

Replacing Flash Player icon and name is technically trivial but is it permitted ?

My question is:

- if my App clearly states in both the Finder Information window and in the About dialogue that it is based on Flash Standalone Player

- if my app quotes Adobe Copyright,

- if the binary of "Flash Standalone Player" is unchanged,

- if all the Adobe Copyright strings hidden in the Flash Player bundle are kept

am I granted the permission to use the modified Flash Standalone Player ?

If the answer is "may be", how can I contact an Adobe Copyright Officer ?

All the best

Linus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AIR is the recommended vehicle for publishing standalone applications built with Flash technology.  I would highly recommend that you go that route.

AFAIK, our license expressly prohibits the redistribution of the standalone Flash Player in the manner you describe, but I'm also not a lawyer.

You can find more information on distribution licenses here:

Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Adobe AIR is the recommended vehicle for publishing standalone applications built with Flash technology.  I would highly recommend that you go that route.

I think I cannot do that. The encyclopedia was designed in 2004 and all the source files were lost when the editor went out of business.

• AFAIK, our license expressly prohibits the redistribution of the standalone Flash Player ...

I have seen several commercial CD-ROms and applications with embedded Flash Players.

• ... but I'm also not a lawyer.
  • You can find more information on distribution licenses here:

Please contact an Adobe Mobile & Devices representative <-- this is the link I was looking for.

Thank you very much, if this address is still valid I hope this will solve the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines