• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe does not have the authority to block Flash from working entirely

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get it, you've stopped supporting Flash Player.  That does not give you the authority to prevent us from even using it, especially when the file(s) in question are local files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unmarked this as a "correct answer" because 1) this isn't really a good answer and 2) I didn't ask a question, so there is no such thing as a correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, browsers and operating systems are blocking Flash because they don't want anyone using it for security reasons.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Flash itself has been forcibly disabled by Adobe.  Any time I try to run it, even straight from my standalone install, the file refuses to load and instead I get a big icon that I can click on.  No matter what method I'm using to try to run the file, that icon always leads me to Adobe's official announcement about Flash being EOL.

do not care if they aren't supporting it anymore.  If it breaks, it breaks; I won't submit a support request for an EOL product.  I'm not stupid.  All I want is to still be able to use the files I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I try to run it, even straight from my standalone install, the file refuses to load and instead I get a big icon that I can click on.  No matter what method I'm using to try to run the file, that icon always leads me to Adobe's official announcement about Flash being EOL.

By @Alex5EFC

What version of Flash are you using for the standalone, maybe you need to downgrade to an older version see the last post with link in this thread. Otherwise its my understanding that standalone and projectors should still work as discussed here in this thread, are you instead saying otherwise?

PS: good for you for unmarking the 'correct answer' as that has been absurd around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is security.  Unsupported Flash Player puts your computer at risk. That's why the OSs and browsers don't want you using it.

That said, if you absolutely can't live without Flash and money is no issue, contact Harman for a 3rd party solution.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Goodbye and good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines