• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fash Player 29.0.0.155 beta uninstall to deploy 29.0.0.140

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding a lot of our machines are getting automatic updates to the beat version of Adobe Flash Player. I am trying to deploy the correct version 29.0.0.140 NAPAI using SCCM. It fails unless I contact that person have them uninstall the beta version then they can install the correct version through Software Center. Two Questions.

!. Where is the beat version coming from with no interaction from the user.

2. How can I uninstall the beta version through SCCM then Deploy the correct version. Note - If they do not have flash player it deploys properly. If they uninstall the beta version then the required version  of Adobe Flash player deploys properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Hi chrism27377

Thank you very much for posting the log files.  The log file shows that this system has always had the beta NPAPI installed, up until today, when the beta version was uninstalled and release version 29.0.0.140 was installed.

The first entry is for NPAPI version 26.0.0.129, which is a beta version, on June 16, 2017.  At that point, Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)) was selected as each subsequent installation has been installed via Bac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrism27377

There are safeguards in the installers to prevent cross channel installation (e.g. beta > release, or release > beta).  This workflow is not possible without first uninstalling, using the standalone uninstaller, the version installed and then installing the other version.

1. Where is the beat version coming from with no interaction from the user.

If a system is being automatically updated to a beta version, then that system already has a beta version installed.  I can confirm this by viewing the Flash Player install log files from an impacted system [1]

2. How can I uninstall the beta version through SCCM then Deploy the correct version

The standalone uninstaller (EXE) is posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

[1]  The Flash Player install log files are saved at:

• 32-bit Windows: C:\WIndows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit Windows: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log AND C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log
    • Both files are required from a 64-bit system

If you'd like me to review the log files from an impacted system, upload the FlashInstall log file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log-in.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing this right now. The users do not have admin rights and I am in charge of the image for the system but some how I have had 2 machines in the last 30 min.have beta version. One of them I just built the image from scratch and loaded myself.

I will be happy to get the files for you. THX for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Here are the files from the 1st computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrism27377

Thank you very much for posting the log files.  The log file shows that this system has always had the beta NPAPI installed, up until today, when the beta version was uninstalled and release version 29.0.0.140 was installed.

The first entry is for NPAPI version 26.0.0.129, which is a beta version, on June 16, 2017.  At that point, Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)) was selected as each subsequent installation has been installed via Background Updates.  Background Updates are performed silently in the Background with no user interaction.

You can check for the same on other impacted systems by viewing the the install log file.  Each entry (installation or removal) begins with an entry similar to:

ÿþ=O====== M/29.0.0.140 2018-04-20+13-49-45.930 ========

and ends with an entry similar to:

=X====== M/29.0.0.140 2018-04-20+13-49-47.734 ========

The start entry has a capital letter O at the beginning and the ending entry has a capital letter X at the beginning. Both entries have the version number being installed (or uninstalled) and the date/time stamp.  In this example, this is the start/end entries for the installation of version 29.0.0.140, installed today, April 20. A list of all release versions is available at MSI GUID list for Adobe Flash Player .  If a version in the log file is not listed in this help doc, then it's a beta version.

I am in charge of the image for the system but some how I have had 2 machines in the last 30 min.have beta version. One of them I just built the image from scratch and loaded myself.

Sounds like you're using a beta version for the image.  What is the Flash Player version number in the installer file you are using in the image?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the benefit of other users, this issue continues at Uninstall Beta flash Player and install current to >2000 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines