• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash ActiveX 31.0.0.153 Refuses to uninstall

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this for a while now, I push out Adobe Flash ActiveX 31.0.0.153 for updates for our district computers, all are Windows 7 and about 1200 devices. Now that there are updates to Flash I would like to push those out as well. We use SCCM to do our application updates and servicing. Sadly ActiveX 31.0.0.153 ActiveX refuses to budge. About 450 machines still have this outdated version at this time and I would like to get the remedied.

• Manually Uninstalling the application will work but I would prefer not doing that to 450 different computers.
  • I have tried manually installing the newest MSI gives me the response of "you must have administative priviledges to install Flash Player 32. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again." when I am the admin. I can freely install/uninstall other applications on the pc including the Npapi and Ppapi Flash Players.
  • Sccm Just says Error Code 0x643(1603), which just says a fatal error during installation.
  • I have tried using the uninstaller with no luck. I push out the command line: "uninstaller_flash_player.exe -uninstall activex" (not in quotes) and it will uninstall all other versions including the Npapi and PPapi but not the 31.0.0.153 version.
  • MsiExec.exe /X{B369CF1E-FB91-4A99-B8B3-D7F44F19C01B} does not work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

I'm tired of telling you more information on this issue. I have had to tell you the same information numerous times. This was absolutely ridiculous trying to work with you. I understand that you can't see my exact environment and you need to ask questions to understand where my issue is but asking the same question numerous times gets both of us no where.

Luckily I was able to solve my own issue. The issue was there was registry keys that refused to be deleted off the machine because their path l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the version Microsoft bundle for use with Edge and IE, or Microsoft included in a patch, you will have to leave it there, it's a protected system component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can uninstall Adobe Flash Player for ActiveX Control from Control Panel.
1. Go to Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Programs and Features.

2. Right Click on Adobe Flash Player 31 ActiveX and select Uninstall.

Please share your Installation Log using link, Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing, I would really prefer not going around to about 450 different computers at 6 different locations just to login and uninstall one single application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check my suggestion? There's no point putting energy into the impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't look to be a bundle or a patch, this was directly downloaded from Adobe's distribution website. It is the ActiveX so it is the version for IE but if there are newer versions it should be able to be replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zschwarttzy

Please provide the following files for the same installation attempt from an impacted system:

• 32-bit OS: FlashInstall32.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Window\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash AND FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • Verbose MSI installation log file with options v+x enabled

Upload the files to Document Cloud (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ) or a file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require an account to access.

I have tried manually installing the newest MSI gives me the response of "you must have administative priviledges to install Flash Player 32. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again." when I am the admin. I can freely install/uninstall other applications on the pc including the Npapi and Ppapi Flash Players.

This sounds like there are permission issues in the file system, preventing the installation.  What happens when you right-click on the file and select 'Run as Administrator'?

Sccm Just says Error Code 0x643(1603), which just says a fatal error during installation.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/834484/you-receive-an-error-1603-a-fatal-error-occurred-dur... provides information, including troubleshooting steps.

Please provide information on how you are distributing Flash Player via SCCM.  For example, do you deploy just Flash Player by itself?  Do you deploy a custom mms.cfg file along with the Flash Player deployment?  Do you run the uninstaller prior deploying Flash Player?  Knowing your deployment process will assist in troubleshooting the issue.

Also, Windows 7 won't be the bundled Flash Player with IE/Edge - that's only on Windows 8 and above.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the files you requested, sorry for the delay!

Adobe Document Cloud

Running these programs as Admin will still prompt me with the Administrative privileges issue.

I distribute ActiveX, PPAPI, and NPAPI flash players using their MSI files. I will set them to override one the previous versions so that it will uninstall the previous version when installing the newer versions. I have never required the uninstaller previously so I did not normally use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for never getting back to me on this.. This is still an issue in my district.

Just an FYI The Uninstaller also refuses to run silently as well. No matter what I put in at the end of the "Uninstall_Flash_Player.exe -uninstall activex" I ALWAYS get a prompt to click us and it will just uninstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I apologize, I missed the email notification that you had replied with the log files.  I will look at them today.

<edit>

I see 2 different MSI log files:  logv.log and logx.log.  Did you create 2 different log files for v+x options?  Normally we only receive one log file with both options, so want to clarify what the different is between these 2 files.  Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 12:39 PM maria_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see 2 different MSI log files:  logv.log and logx.log.  How exactly did you generate these files?  I'm not seeing the verbose content that is normally logged when generating an MSI log file for options v and x.  Normally we only receive one log file with both options (for example Adobe Document Cloud , generated via command-line with arguments: msiexec /i install_flash_player_31_active_x.msi /qn /Lvx msilog.log, as such, want to clarify how these 2 log files were generated.  I've installed using options v and x separately and both times the files contain more information that the ones provided.

Just an FYI The Uninstaller also refuses to run silently as well. No matter what I put in at the end of the "Uninstall_Flash_Player.exe -uninstall activex" I ALWAYS get a prompt to click us and it will just uninstall everything.

How, exactly, are you executing the command? Please post a screenshot of the prompt you are getting.

Please try executing this on a single machine, via elevated command-line window.  When running from the command-line, it's required to launch with elevated permissions (right-click > Run as Administrator), otherwise, it'll fail silently.

I ran the uninstaller (uninstall_flash_player.exe -uninstall activex) from the command window w/elevated permissions and it only uninstalled the ActiveX Control. 

What are the end-user permissions on the client machines (standard user, admin user, etc)?

Do you use a Transform file?  If so, provide the Transform file and associated MSI file that is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a recent MSILOG file I ran: "msiexec /i 32.0.0.192active_x.msi

/Lvx" to get that result. I am unable to run it from administrator command

line. All I get is an error message with the /Lvx and a

When I attempt it with out any arguments.

The uninstaller refused to work because it wants to be ran locally on the

machine and not from a server. I have remedied this with Powershell but

still have issues with installing the newer versions.

I am still an Admin in the school district I work for. This was stated much

earlier in the ticket.

No there is no transform file.

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 7:35 PM maria_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a recent MSILOG file I ran: "msiexec /i 32.0.0.192active_x.msi

/Lvx"  to get that result.

It appears you replied via email.  The forums software blocks email attachments.  Please upload the file to Document Cloud and post the link to the file.

I am unable to run it from administrator command

line. All I get is an error message with the /Lvx and a

When I attempt it with out any arguments.

What is the error?  Please post a screenshot.

The uninstaller refused to work because it wants to be ran locally on the

machine and not from a server. I have remedied this with Powershell but

still have issues with installing the newer versions.

To confirm, you were able to uninstall successfully from the server?

I am still an Admin in the school district I work for. This was stated much

earlier in the ticket.

I understand.  I'm asking about the end-users you are distribution Flash Player to.  Are they standard users, admins on their machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a recent MSILOG file I ran: "msiexec /i 32.0.0.192active_x.msi /Lvx"  to get that result.Adobe Document Cloud , I am unable to run it from administrator command line. All I get is an error message with the /Lvx and a

image.png When I attempt it without any arguments.

The uninstaller refused to work because it wants to be ran locally on the machine and not from a server. I have remedied this with Powershell but still have issues with installing the newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end users are standard users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the verbose MSI log file.

The image.png screenshot you attempted to add is a link to gmail, instead of the error.

After reviewing the verbose MSI log file with the installer engineer, we'd like some more information:

• Is your Admin account a Domain Administrator account?
  • Run gpresult /r on your system and one of the impacted client systems, outputting the results in either text file or HTML file (see gpresult | Microsoft Docs and/or https://activedirectorypro.com/gpresult-tool/ )
    • Upload the files to Document Cloud.
    • If you prefer, you can private message me the link to the uploaded files. To send a private message, click on my username link and then on the Message button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic in your private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm tired of telling you more information on this issue. I have had to tell you the same information numerous times. This was absolutely ridiculous trying to work with you. I understand that you can't see my exact environment and you need to ask questions to understand where my issue is but asking the same question numerous times gets both of us no where.

Luckily I was able to solve my own issue. The issue was there was registry keys that refused to be deleted off the machine because their path lead back to the server instead of the local application itself. (I'm not sure why this issue arose in the first place but  after deleting the afflicted reg keys fixed my issue immediately.)

For any admins out there that also run into this issue, my steps were:

1: Run the newest uninstaller, either the version specific or all.

2: In regedit go to "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\", search for adobe flash (or if you know the version and number you are having your conflicts with, search those. You can find them running the msi from and admin command line.) Example: "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\C62923CFA020053449949D35B0D26C12" came up for me because it was one of the Active X versions that I knew was an issue which was version 31.0.0.122.

3: Delete the whole folder/file from the registry.

4: Repeat 2 and 3 until the install will go through properly with out issue.

After finding which specific files needed to be removed I created my own Powershell script that handles everything for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines