Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash archive video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out in saving this old video from "Nick.com", I was on the Wayback machine archive and I wanted to download this video but I couldn't since it must be ran on an old flash player. I tried reverting to old flash players, it almost plays but doesn't quite load, I am having a hard time figuring out which version is needed so I am asking for help if willing.

Link: Jimmy Neutron: Double-O-Genius  Episode Clip | Nick Videos

This provides the link to it, on the top you can see the 8 different captures if that helps. If you could possibly get the file and send as a download, I'd be more than grateful.

Thanks a bunch, Anthony.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html has links to enable Flash in the various supported browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

• You're not seeing the Flash-based video player because your browser is blocking Flash
    • If you enable Flash ( see Flash Player Help​ ), then you'll see the player, but it still won't work
  • The video player points to a streaming media server that no longer exists.
    • AFAICT, they're not pulling down every streaming media resource and attaching it to the page (this gets into all kinds of copyright issues, and presents all sorts of technical questions, like what do you do with live streams, how do you pay for the absurd amount of storage required, etc.).
    • The content they archived include what's on the page, which is some HTML, and a SWF-based video player that points to a streaming media server at a URL that no longer exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I guess that makes sense, but isn't there any way I can save the video ID (Like inspect element or research) and turning to another alternative resource for this playback issue? Anything else I should know? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea.  I'd need inside information about how their video delivery scheme worked (that's all proprietary), and that assumes that the content is archived somewhere.  I think it's far more likely that if it's not actively being streamed, it's not just sitting there on a server taking up storage.  Storage costs money, especially when you're talking about a content delivery network (CDN).

Given that the content was copyrighted (your ad views granted you rights to watch it and generated revenue for Nickelodeon, and Nick, in turn, paid royalties to the content creators for your views), it seems unlikely that there's a legal archive of streamed commercial video.

You can find most of the Jimmy Neutron DVDs used online.  That's probably the cheapest ethical way to go about acquiring them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, well I am unsure if this would be any help but I gathered files from the video and have access to other playable clips from todays limited Jimmy Neutron clips on the website. This clip isn't from any ordinary Jimmy Neutron episode, it's one of the clips I don't necessarily require but in my high hopes want obtained. I am engineering a homemade ride based on the former "Jimmy Neutron's nicktoon blast" ride attraction that took place in Universal Studios Orlando for nonprofit personal enjoyment and as a part of an extra circular assignment for college in which my peers and professor are happily attending along with other folks. As a part of this attraction, I would have a small waiting queue playing serval nicktoon clips (this being one of the main ones) used from the original rides waiting segment, I found them all on Nick.com through archived pages but can't get them to fully play. I am hoping to achieve this project by gathering these clips while educating myself in the process of playing them (so I won't make others labor in doing it for me), so I am getting help in this one so I may also save the others. Below you'll find many links...

Ride Queue:

Jimmy Neutron Nicktoon Blast Queue Part 2 - YouTube (What the queue looked like, also the clip plays at 0:48)

Jimmy Neutron - Jet Fusion Theme Song - YouTube (Actual clip I am trying to download)

Files & todays website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ichZfaeuvuEJimmy Neutron: "The League of Villains" -website

[Note: these clips ran during the others (which got removed) so not sure if changing the video address would advocate its place?)

Video link:

http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:arc:video:nick.com:4dacf532-7a9a-11e0-8fe5-0026b9414f30 | 04:22:23 October 17, 2018

(Not harmful, I checked)

If this in general is farfetched from my reach, I appreciate your help in advance and continue to research, the internet is full of possibilities after all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems clear to me that the Wayback machine does not save videos. What you've found is a page that played a video that was once there, and now it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find the commercial for NOW! That's What I Call Music! 21 from 2006 on nowthatsmusic.com through the Wayback Machine, but the browser blocked Flash. Can anybody help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html has links to enable Flash in the various supported browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines