• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe flash download issue

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last night I got a pop up saying I needed to uninstall adobe flash.... so stupidly I did so.  Now I can not watch or hear anything.   Ive tried to download Adobe Flash again and it is having an issue choosing Crome as my player 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

In all likelihood, rebooting the computer will probably solve this.  We don't force you to close Chrome to uninstall because it's inconvenient, but the consequence of that choice is that Chrome might still think Flash is installed.  Rebooting should eliminate any possibility that something running is simply confused.

What's weird here is that Chrome ships its own copy of Flash Player, and our uninstaller doesn't delete it (a future Chrome update will drop support for Flash Player and remove it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just as well you found out, since Flash Player is going away forever at the end of the year. Some questions for you, 

1. You say you cannot watch or hear anything? You mean on particular web sites? Can you nane a site or two for us to check?

2. You say there is an issue with Chrome. Please give the messages you get exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome, Safari and other major browsers don't want you to use Flash Player anymore for security reasons.  Flash content developers had 3 years to prepare for this. If they haven't switched to other technologies by now, it's unlikely that they ever will.  Old Flash sites & games will be obsolete after Dec 31st.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In all likelihood, rebooting the computer will probably solve this.  We don't force you to close Chrome to uninstall because it's inconvenient, but the consequence of that choice is that Chrome might still think Flash is installed.  Rebooting should eliminate any possibility that something running is simply confused.

What's weird here is that Chrome ships its own copy of Flash Player, and our uninstaller doesn't delete it (a future Chrome update will drop support for Flash Player and remove its encapsulated copy).  I'm happy to help dig into this more (uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome is a decent brute-force approach to fixing it, but I'm curious about what's actually happening), but I bet that the reboot solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines