• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash end-of-support email: no link to Uninstall

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a pop-up on my Mac today that I thought was from Adobe, advising that I uninstall Flash Player ahead of it's support being ended in January. However, when I clicked the Uninstall button on the pop-up, it took me to a page that thanked me for using Flash, etc. but there was nothing to uninstall Flash with. The only other info on the page was about the features of Acrobat Reader, etc. Is this just an Adobe link error, or did I just click on a link that installed malware on my computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

No, those are specific to Adobe AIR.  If you don't have any Adobe AIR applications you can also uninstall AIR.

The two I mentioned are specific to Flash Player - if you don't have them, then Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prompt uninstalls Flash Player silently in the background and then launches default browser to a 'thank you' page with an optional offer.

You can confirm Flash Player has been uninstalled by going to System Preferences and looking for Flash Player Settings Manager, which will no be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Or going to /Applications/Utilties and looking for Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app, which will not be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my utilities I still have Adobe AIR Application Installer and Adobe AIR Uninstaller. I’m not sure whether that covers Flash or not.

Clive Chafer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, those are specific to Adobe AIR.  If you don't have any Adobe AIR applications you can also uninstall AIR.

The two I mentioned are specific to Flash Player - if you don't have them, then Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Clive Chafer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For completeness, here are links to the Flash Player uninstallers: 

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines