• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash for Firefox not installing on Windows 10 - Blank installer

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I will just run through the process I have attempted as syntactically as I can...

- Firefox warns me that the Flash plugin is out of date and has chosen not to load it as a result

- I head to the Adobe website and download the newest version (File size is said to be 20.11Mb, for 'Windows 64-bit , English , Firefox')

- File that is downloaded is just 1.1Mb and is a binary file, but still seen as a.exe by windows explorer. (flashplayer22_xa_install.exe, from https://admdownload.adobe.com)

- I run the executable as Administrator (Right Click, Run As)

- I am presented with a Adobe Download Manager window but its blank inside (just white).

- If i close the window, a webpage loads in Internet Explorer (Not Edge for some reason), presumably as a test, but it doesn't work properly. (Site is - get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ )

- Also the 1.1Mb .exe file is deleted from my downloads (no idea why, I then have to go back through the website process and download choice if I want to try again)

I wanted to find a straight forward .exe that would just install the program rather than going through the downloader but that apparently doesn't exist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2016 Jun 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install from below link:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work, exactly the same result.

I am already downloading from get.adobe.com/flashplayer. The 'admdownload...' link is the address associated with the binary file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eventorizon-X  and @Juicyloone

I'm not familiar with the blank installer issue on Windows 10.  I'll need to get some log files from you to send to the online installer team to investigate further.

Please upload the 2 log files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document​.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

In the mean time, please try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier in the 'Still having problems' section.  But please do provide us with the log files for the online installer so the team can troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Juicyloone

I'd like to get a verbose installation log file from you.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
  2. Right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
  3. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  4. Run the online installer again until it stops
  5. When the installation stops, the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files will contain additional debugging information.
  6. Upload the 2 log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

|

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

|

The GDE.log is still not there. This time I did catch an error message "This Application was unable to start correctly (0XC0000017" “People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence.”

Karl Lagerfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The reply doesn't contain a link.  I'm not sure why the Adobe_GDE.log file isn't being created, but I'll notify the online installer folks when I forward the Adobe_ADM.log file to them for further investigation.

Also, please note my previous comment (#4) with the link to download the offline installer, which should work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are two screen shots that show the download page, and the download screen after downloading and running the .exe Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).pngfile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshot of the installer dialog.  I'll forward this to the online installer team.

If you enabled verbose logging and ran the installer again, please upload the new Adobe_ADM.log and post the link to the uploaded file.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I am not seeing the verbose logging on my actions I have researched it and understand it to be akin to "boot" logging. I don't usually get into the internal workings of Windows so I am at a loss.

“People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence.”

Karl Lagerfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing it manually!

First go here:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

At the bottom of the page is says 'still having problems'

Download the flash for Firefox, CLOSE Firefox, install that file.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue running W10. I am downloading it from the download page, using the protocol as described. the only difference is that when I run the .exe file it sends my computer into endless loops of, I am assuming permissions, and as each is internally resolved it flashes to another round of the same tying up all resources in a flashing loop until it exhausts it's self and presents a blank install box. No error messages that I can read. I have attempted to install three times with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes this does help. The manual install did :fix problem: didn't address why there was a blank installer and it tied my computer up.\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a guide for the manual process for downloading the offline installers ( not that get adobe stuff ) that use the actual offline installers from Adobe. Its really only a two step process. The article is a little longer to explain some things to non technical people and hopefully clear things up

Guide to Manually updating Flash Player

Hope this might clear things up and helps out

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines