• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash freezes frequently

New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Version 1803 and am using Edge browser. I find that Flash player video slows down and eventually freezes up and I have to log off and re-start. What can I do ? I have tried checking Enable Hardware Acceleration On and Off. Does not make a difference. I have also re-set and repaired MS Edge. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's not a lot of information to go on here, so all I can do is give you my best guess, but I have a feeling that I know what this is...

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

There's this really common mistake that many video publishers (including major US television networks) make when inserting commercials into their video streams, where they forget to mark those commercials for deletion after they play.  What ends up happening is that those commercials stay in memory (we can't delete them because they think they're in-use), and eventually that end up being a huge amount of memory -- especially if you're streaming a movie or a few episodes of a show.

Eventually, that consumes enough memory that the computer starts swapping data in memory (RAM) to disk.  Data transfer on the disk is about 100,000 times slower than data transfer in RAM, so that tends to correlate with an overall performance hit.  Restarting the computer would resolve that.  Refreshing the page that you're watching the video from *should* also work.  The browser is going to release that instance of Flash Player and start a new one when you refresh the page.

If refreshing the page doesn't work, then there's probably something else happening, and it's really hard to say what's going on.  It would be interesting to take a look at task manager when things aren't performing well to see how things look in terms of CPU and memory consumption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines